• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ model 3

Atlas556

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2013
I have a chance to buy a CZ model 3 in 300 wsm, from what I understand it was a contracted rifle built by Montana rifle company for a short period of time.Curious if anybody can comment on accuracy of these rifles. Haven't been able to find much info out there on this particular rifle. Thank you.

Never shot one or handled one at all. Heard from several sources that the reason they were short-lived is because the QC was poor. That came from a former independent rep for CZ.
Is MRC still in business?

Edit:
Answer is no. They were purchased by Remington for the barrel business and the Montana facility is being shut down and moved to AL.
Why is this important, you ask? Ask anyone who has a Lawton action (yup, I do). NO SPARE PARTS.

Last edited:
Never shot one or handled one at all. Heard from several sources that the reason they were short-lived is because the QC was poor. That came from a former independent rep for CZ.
Is MRC still in business?

Edit:
Answer is no. They were purchased by Remington for the barrel business and the Montana facility is being shut down and moved to AL.
Why is this important, you ask? Ask anyone who has a Lawton action (yup, I do). NO SPARE PARTS.

Are you sure the Montana firearms business is shutting down and moving ?

Are you sure the Montana firearms business is shutting down and moving ?

Am I 100% sure they are shutting down? It appears, through the article below, that the recently purchased assets will go to AL and Mr. Sipe may want to restart a company with former employees after it is gone.

Montana Rifleman to close down | Missoula Local News - NBCMontana.com

Their web site is basically shut down.

MONTANA RIFLE COMPANY

Their Facebook page seems alive and well though.

So, you be the judge; are they alive and well or in ICU?

got one used 5 yrs ago,was going to use the action for a build,too good looking and shot great. Its now set up for a future elk or bear hunt I hope .

I have a Model 3 stainless with wood stock in .270 WSM that has been a great shooter that I bought just over 10 years ago. Elk and antelope out to 300 yards, several deer between 50 and 200 yards, moose and bear under 100. It shoots consistent groups on the range around 1" at 100 yards with Winchester factory ammo. No other tweaking or fiddling required. I have a Zeiss scope, Leupold rings and bases that have been a good combination on top. The rifle fits me and I have been pleased overall. No QC issues from my experience. A keeper but I don't see a lot of others around.

The stock is almost identical to my CZ 452 Varmint so I find that I get much more practice shooting .17 HMR than I would shooting .270 WSM. This has been a big part of why I shoot the Model 3 well on a wide variety of targets. Much easier on the ammo budget too.