• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns CZ P10F Competition Ready

Yoteski

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
LGS has one of these I'm eyeballing. Anyone have any experience with the CZ P10F Competition? It fits me well. I used to have a P10C that I really liked and shouldn't have gotten rid of it. The good is that it has a HB Industries trigger along with some other nice accessories. The bad is the HB Industries trigger is not well tuned, but I think some aftermarket striker springs would clean it up.
Any other sub $1k pistols I should be eyeballing for some competition? Kinda want to get away from Glocks for a change.

What kind of competition? I think carry-ish guns are kind of boring, if I wanted a competition or fun gun I would buy a CZ TSO. There's just no comparison.

Reactions: TheOE800
What kind of competition? I think carry-ish guns are kind of boring, if I wanted a competition or fun gun I would buy a CZ TSO. There's just no comparison.

The kind of competition where I don't spend TSO money, lol; snipery competition matches with pistols mixed in. BOTC, Vortex team sniper, etc.

The kind of competition where I don't spend TSO money, lol; snipery competition matches with pistols mixed in. BOTC, Vortex team sniper, etc.
I personally wouldn't be concerned with investing much in a competition gun for a precision rifle class, I'd go straight to a TSO because they're just so much stupid fun, not even for competition. They're just cool. But it's all user preference. The P10's are good poly guns, but they're just poly guns if you catch what I'm saying.

The P10's are good poly guns, but they're just poly guns if you catch what I'm saying.

I've beaten a lot of people using 2011s using either a P-10 or a P-09, if you catch what I'm saying

LGS has one of these I'm eyeballing. Anyone have any experience with the CZ P10F Competition? It fits me well. I used to have a P10C that I really liked and shouldn't have gotten rid of it. The good is that it has a HB Industries trigger along with some other nice accessories. The bad is the HB Industries trigger is not well tuned, but I think some aftermarket striker springs would clean it up.
Any other sub $1k pistols I should be eyeballing for some competition? Kinda want to get away from Glocks for a change.

I'd recommend getting a regular P-10F Optics Ready and doing nothing to the trigger. I'd just add an HBI extended magazine release to it.

The HBI trigger doesn't do anything to improve the feel of the trigger or how it breaks. To improve that you need to tear it down and polish the shit out of all the contact surfaces on the trigger bar, sear, and disconnector just like you would on any striker-fired pistol.

The dingus (trigger safety) on P-10s has a rather large tab behind the trigger (the triangular portion that blocks trigger movement until you depress the safety). If you have fingers on the short side, there will come a time when you won't get enough finger to depress the trigger safety enough to disengage it. An Apex Tactical or HBI trigger fixes that. If your fingers are on the long side (index finger > 3") you won't need an aftermarket trigger blade.

None of the other gimmicks that you pay for with a P-10F CR is worth the money because they don't make the pistol shoot any better. And in fact, most range reports I've read the extended slide release is so huge that most people end up disabling with with their normal grip.

My advice is worth what you pay for it, but I've been using the P-10 for competition on and off for the last two years. I've moved away from it because the P-09 fits my hands/points much more naturally for me and I much prefer DA/SA pistols.

Reactions: Jonny_ and Yoteski
TSOs are worthless for USPSA unless you get one in 40 S&W, and even in that caliber it's competitive only in Limited division.

Carry Optics is THE division to be in USPSA if you want to compete where the heat is, and TSOs (and any other single action only handgun) are not allowed in it.

Reactions: Yoteski
TSOs are worthless for USPSA unless you get one in 40 S&W, and even in that caliber it's competitive only in Limited division.

Carry Optics is THE division to be in USPSA if you want to compete where the heat is, and TSOs (and any other single action only handgun) are not allowed in it.
Yeah but it’s still a poly gun vs a race oriented fun gun if he isn’t shooting USPSA. I don’t doubt the P-10, I just don’t think the idea of investing into a race gun would ever lead me to such a basic model that isn’t all that different from any other carry gun.

Yeah but it’s still a poly gun vs a race oriented fun gun if he isn’t shooting USPSA. I don’t doubt the P-10, I just don’t think the idea of investing into a race gun would ever lead me to such a basic model that isn’t all that different from any other carry gun.
Buying a race gun and not racing is queer.

TSOs are stupid fun, period. On the race track, off the race track, who gives a fuck.

I didn’t see a reason to spend the extra money on the comp version. I went standard p10f. It is an amazing gun. So far probably my favorite poly gun I own. My next will be the Walther pdp, I think I’m going to really like that gun. Feels really good in my hands.

Any thoughts on the Walther PDP Full size?

I have not shot the pdp yet but handling it in the store it fit my hand very well and the trigger was probably the best striker trigger I have felt so far.

Reactions: Yoteski
Any thoughts on the Walther PDP Full size?
Pistols with rounded "ergonomic" pistol grips (HK VP9 and P30, CZ P-10, Walther PDP) suck compared to pistols with flat sided grips like the CZ P-07 and P-09, Glocks, SIG P320 Legion and AXG, and HK P2000 and USP.

Those sexy looking grips that feel so good in the store don't perform very well when under stress at speed. I've proven it to myself time and time again.

Well, I decided WTH and ordered a full size Walther PDP 5". Came in today and I took it out this evening and put about 100 rounds through it. I haven't ever owned a Walther, and I have to say, this one impressed me. I didn't know if I'd like the seemingly higher bore than I'm used to, but I put my first shot touching the center bullseye of a shoot n' see at 10 yards. Stacked rounds in the center with the rest of the mag.
Went to some transition drills on a 5" and 8" plate at 10 yards and I kid you not, I never missed. I was doing quick transitions.
The trigger is incredible. The best I've felt in a factory gun. It's basically a two-stage. No gritty take-up to the wall, wall is a crisp break and the reset is incredibly short. The stippling is extremely well thought out and executed.
A couple negatives is the gun is pretty snappy, even with the 5" barrel/slide. It returns incredibly well though. Definitely more of a handful than a full steel gun. The sights are Glock poly sights; yuck. They were spot on though and it's an easy upgrade where it takes Glock sights; smart play by Walther. I'll probably run the factory sights for awhile. I'll eventually outfit it with a red dot. I have a match coming up in two weeks (CD BOTC) where it's USPSA limited, so no dots allowed.
Ran perfect with Blazer 115 FMJ, S&B 124 FMJ, and my reloads with 124's. Have a Black Scorpion holster and some mags inbound. This pistol has really impressed me early on. I always shoot Glocks to the left, yes it's a me/grip thing. This is point of aim, point of impact. I wish I had an extra 500 rounds laying around to run it hard and fast. I guess I'll put it through the paces in the match a couple weeks from now. I'm going to try and get another 100 or so through it before. One of these years I'll break down and purchase a Stacatto, but this will tide me over for now. It's going to take a lot to impress me with reliability compared to the Glocks I've had. It's a super fun gun thus far and seems like a great value.

I'd recommend getting a regular P-10F Optics Ready and doing nothing to the trigger. I'd just add an HBI extended magazine release to it.

The HBI trigger doesn't do anything to improve the feel of the trigger or how it breaks. To improve that you need to tear it down and polish the shit out of all the contact surfaces on the trigger bar, sear, and disconnector just like you would on any striker-fired pistol.

The dingus (trigger safety) on P-10s has a rather large tab behind the trigger (the triangular portion that blocks trigger movement until you depress the safety). If you have fingers on the short side, there will come a time when you won't get enough finger to depress the trigger safety enough to disengage it. An Apex Tactical or HBI trigger fixes that. If your fingers are on the long side (index finger > 3") you won't need an aftermarket trigger blade.

None of the other gimmicks that you pay for with a P-10F CR is worth the money because they don't make the pistol shoot any better. And in fact, most range reports I've read the extended slide release is so huge that most people end up disabling with with their normal grip.

My advice is worth what you pay for it, but I've been using the P-10 for competition on and off for the last two years. I've moved away from it because the P-09 fits my hands/points much more naturally for me and I much prefer DA/SA pistols.
Exactly what he said. I have the 10F OR with vortex venom red dot. Theta HB trigger is all I did with extended Mag release. I didn’t change the slide release. It feels pretty good with the original. It’s my IDPA gun. I always wanted an OR gun and went with the P10F. Sorry I don’t have any experience with the CR but I’m happy with what I have.

Last edited: