• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ Precision Chassies Bedding?

ShellShock89

Private
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2020
Ohio
I Have a CZ Precision Chassies with a 20" barrel that did some some work to and the rifle shoots very well. I was wondering if bedding the chassies would improve accuracy any or if it would be minimal?

From many experiences that I have read about bedding, it certainly seems that it depends how well your action is sitting in the stock at the moment.
For me the bedding removed the sensitivity to stock screw torque and probably being a laminate stock helps a lot with weather sensitivity as well.
But I have not ever heard said that their rifle shot worse after the bedding.

Reactions: ShellShock89
Bedding done correctly certainly wont hurt anything, and if you think about it the rifle and chassis could not fit perfectly, then theres the old , if it aint broke dont fix it theory.

Reactions: ShellShock89
From many experiences that I have read about bedding, it certainly seems that it depends how well your action is sitting in the stock at the moment.
For me the bedding removed the sensitivity to stock screw torque and probably being a laminate stock helps a lot with weather sensitivity as well.
But I have not ever heard said that their rifle shot worse after the bedding.
I did not if it would help being the chassie is aluminum.

Bedding done correctly certainly wont hurt anything, and if you think about it the rifle and chassis could not fit perfectly, then theres the old , if it aint broke dont fix it theory.
It shoots excellent for NRL competition but every 5th round clover leafs the hole so I attributed that to harmonics. I figured if it would help I would try it out.

Reactions: *rim-star*
I did not if it would help being the chassie is aluminum.
If you place the action into the stock without screws, does it wiggle at all?
Or is it like they were mated?

Different stock form factors also give different results.
For example, actions with an even bottom will match better than if there is any radius to the action, since even a small difference in the radius will cause pressure points.

This might not turn out to cause worsened precision, but a good stock and action mating has lots of shared surface.

If you place the action into the stock without screws, does it wiggle at all?
Or is it like they were mated?

Different stock form factors also give different results.
For example, actions with an even bottom will match better than if there is any radius to the action, since even a small difference in the radius will cause pressure points.

This might not turn out to cause worsened precision, but a good stock and action mating has lots of shared surface.
Its rounded on the bottom of the action

It shoots excellent for NRL competition but every 5th round clover leafs the hole so I attributed that to harmonics. I figured if it would help I would try it out.

If it were mine, I would no doubt bed it if I thought there was any chance of slight accuracy improvement, then theres also taking the stress of the action, which bedding will do, again if done correctly. I have seen lots of bedding jobs, some done right, some not, the first sign of them not being done correctly is people using the factory action screws to bed with, never ever do that, use guide bolts.