• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ Rail ???

Buzzsaw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2006
Frisco, Texas
I love the look of the one peice rail on the CZ 452/3's. Question, do they make the scope too high for a good cheek weld? Do they make it hard to load single shot, if needed?
Thanks

Re: CZ Rail ???

No, I have the HotRod9mm rail on a Varmint and, an American. They are just perfect,allowing you a wide choice of rings. He said they are going to have the 20 moa back in stock soon if you are going to shoot at longer range. Regards

+1 on HotRod9mm's rail. I put one on my Varmint and have no problems whatsoever. With the Burris QR rings that HotRod suggested (med. IIRC poss. lows) the clearance is just right. It's actually low enough that the slip on covers that came with my scope won't fit. BC flip ups would but it's an AO so I'm thinking I need a neoprene Scopecoat.

Cheek weld will largely be determined by the rings you put on it.
It is harder to load single rounds by hand, but not impossible. Overall I'd say it's well worthwhile.

I've got a Rimfire Tech LH base and am satisfied with it.