• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ rifle

JCBR1

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2024
Indiana
Hi guys I'm new to the rimfire game and am wanting to get started with a nicer .22. With that being said I'm not really familiar with custom builds and their used prices so of you can give me your options on what you think this would be worth. Was said to have about 1500 rd through it.

Cz 457 action with a costume 1.20 straight 21.5in long bartline r5 1-12twist barrel
Ec v2 tunner
Area 419 30moa scope base
Timney curved trigger
Mdt acc chassis with internal weights and the elite grip

Hi guys I'm new to the rimfire game and am wanting to get started with a nicer .22. With that being said I'm not really familiar with custom builds and their used prices so of you can give me your options on what you think this would be worth. Was said to have about 1500 rd through it.

Cz 457 action with a costume 1.20 straight 21.5in long bartline r5 1-12twist barrel
Ec v2 tunner
Area 419 30moa scope base
Timney curved trigger
Mdt acc chassis with internal weights and the elite grip

That's a pretty solid setup right there. At 1500 rounds it's really just starting to get broken in.

Original approximate value with good deals on this would be as follows (my experience and opinion):
  • CZ 457 action - $400
  • Custom 1.20 straight 21.5in long Bartlein R5 1-12twist barrel - $600-$800
  • Ec v2 tunner - $155-170
  • Area 419 30moa scope base - $100
  • Timney curved trigger - $180
  • Mdt acc chassis - $1300
  • Internal weights - $170
  • Elite grip - $100
That being said, I would think a fair asking price for everything all together would be in the $2400-$2500 range. Seller discretion may vary, but if they're asking anything above $3000 I'd say they're reaching on value. At that price point you could build it all yourself with brand new parts (though you'd wait a while on a custom barrel like that). The rest of that stuff is easy enough to come by and you can pick up the cheapest CZ 457 for the action for like $500-600 and sell the barrel and stock.

There would be some added value if the barrel was custom fitted to the action by a gunsmith who trued everything up. If that's the case then I'd bump up the value of the barreled action by a couple hundred.

Reactions: bobby1028
I'd reach out to Bartlein and inquire about any feedback they have regarding the 1:12 twist barrels and ammo choices or pros/cons. That said Mark was right $2500 would not be overpaying.

Reactions: Mark_Dorman