• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns CZ Scorpions Blowing Up???

hafejd30

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2019
    MI
    How many here have seen or heard of this issue? Seems to be coming up more. I’ve checked my scorpion and it will fire the round with the bolt slightly pulled back (out of battery)

Those who have seen this is it strictly with stuff like CCI blazer or ammo other than brass or with everything?

I could see where the rifle hangs up due to dirt or a long round etc but wondering how much I should worry about a blow up?

You can get most simple blowback guns to fire out of battery (OOB) by pulling the bolt back slightly.. But, It usually only happens when trying to fire as fast as possible or with aftermarket triggers when a hammer rides the bolt down.

If you are getting OOB with a stock gun, factory ammo and not trying to bump fire or something it would be very, very unusual.

Reactions: hafejd30