• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns CZ Shadow 2 inbound

cast1

Polyhobbyism sufferer
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2011
Just ordered an urban grey shadow 2. Couldn’t stand it any longer. Would love to hear some owner feedback.

Reactions: phlegethon
They are freaking awesome. I no longer really crave any other handgun, well... maybe a good 1911. I use mine for off duty carry and as a CCW. Yes I conceal carry my S2. Its concealed (ish) but I live in Alabama so open carry is fine as well. Run mine with a Surefire X300U and will eventually have an RMR Type 2 on it. Shadow 2s will make you a CZ fan and question why you still have a Glock 34.

Oh, get some Lok brand Boogie grips. Extremely grippy and a great cost efficient upgrade.

I plan on sending it to Cajun Gun Works this year for some trigger work, RMR cut, and BUIS installed, maybe a Cerakote job. That being said, it doesn’t need any real work. Just need to decide if I want to go SAO or keep the DA/SA. I checked out two before purchase and bought the one with the best trigger.

You’ll absolutely love it.

C299CCD6-5F00-4865-B86F-6EAAE8D6DA47.jpeg
3A450B22-7008-415A-9F91-3B8ECB3B2C31.jpeg

Love my S2. I use it for pistol and/or multi gun competitions. Out of the box it’s just a great pistol! I still love Glock, HK, 1911’s, etc... but these S2’s are just very addictive once you start shooting them. Until I get my paws on a nice 2011 or the DW DWX, the S2 is it for me.

Got one several months ago and got the chance to take it to the range last week. Must have put about 300 rounds through it. Not one hick-up. Zip, zero, nada. Far more accurate than me. Trigger out of the box is great but considering a Cajun job and RMR cut. I like the stock sights just fine but my eyes are rather old and a red dot is easier. I have the same one you are getting--urban gray/black slide. I'm a little guy and could't pull off concealed carry. It is a heavy hunk of metal and my arms got tired before the brain did?.

Yeah, very reliable handguns. Mine is at about 1.2-1.4k with zero cleaning, nor any lubricant out of the box.

My big downside to CC with the S2 is the cost (after RMR, trigger job, etc.). Will probably get another stock S2, add Lok grips, and just conceal that as my current S2 will be worth a bit once I send it to CGW.

S2’s are awesome. As others have said try some lok palmswell grips. It is very accurate and very easy to shoot quickly. Just practice dropping the hammer safely for the double action (I put my thumb in front and roll it out slowly and it is very safe). If you are looking for optics or random things look at primary machine, cgw, or czcustom.

Reactions: Wyzrd
What texture do you guys recommend in those grips?

I have a Shadow 1 and while I want a Shadow 2 I can't justify to myself getting one right now. I have a few CZ handguns-

4 CZ P07
CZ 75 compact
CZ 75 S/A
CZ 75 Tactical Sport Orange
CZ SP-01 Shadow

The problem with buying one CZ is that it leads to purchasing many more

• Haha
Reactions: JOS
Had one for 6 months now, by far my favorite handgun to shoot. I got the LOK palm swell bogies for mine. Made a great grip excellent, and really the only "upgrade" I can thing of for the thing. Stock sights, trigger, etc.. are all outstanding.

I've got 2-3k rounds through it so far and not a single malfunction. At 100yd with Hornady ammo I can hit a 10" plate more often than not.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
Lol I shot mine for the first time today. I went 6 for 10 on an 18” plate at 100. The 6 hits were the last 6. Once I figured out a hold it was automatic. Thing is PHENOMENAL!

Nice, its definitely a legit threat inside of 50 with good marksmanship.

Can’t wait to see what I can do with a 1 moa RMR on top.

It is a tack driving brick. It is one heavy, well made pistol. It is designed for competition and excels in that arena. It is fun to shot and I do not regret spending the shekels to get mine. I suspect you will enjoy one also.

Welcome to the club! I love mine! Best shooter in the price range and there is no debating this. You are lucky to have snagged one in this climate!

I don't own one, but I was able to rent one from my local range and loved it! I like the feel of a 1911, but liked the CZ better.

CZs are a monkey on your back addiction that just keep climbing higher and higher....
There is no 12-step program either. I was warned, but I didn’t listen. Now when I bring another one home my wife just gives me “that” look and says “really?” LOL

Reactions: Shooter McGavin