• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Cz Shadow 2 or save some coin????

Jmccracken1214

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 10, 2018
    Thomasville, NC
    Sold my m&p 2.0 full size to a friend with the intention of getting a shadow 2.... and the longer I wait, the more the cost is setting in on me.

What say you? I know it’s an awesome gun, I’ve shot one a few times but remembering my old p09 I had with CGW mods, not sure it’s worth an additional $500-$600 for the shadow.

Talk some sense into me fellas

The Shadow 2 is worth it, IMHO.

The weight and CZ-known-grip is something that brings a smile every time.

Definitely better than a M&P and certainly different than their polymer models.

I would buy my shadow2 again. You can find them for about a grand, or less if used, so look around.

I sold my STI single stack Lawman because i wanted something kind of like a 9mm 2011. But I wanted more reliable magazines, while keeping it around the $1k mark (what i sold the STI for......Boom, shadow 2.

Last edited:
    Don't want to be an enabler, but...I have one and it exceeds the hype. Accurate, reliable, low recoil, high capacity, great ergonomics, three mags standard. Only negative if you want to call it that, might be its weight. However, it is its weight that helps mitigate recoil. I doubt few will use it as a IWB concealed carry gun. Yea, I'd buy it again.

Yeah I will confirm it’s a great gun. I love mine, I ran it in production and now running it in carry optics. Only one I like better is my TSO.

It would depend on your intended purpose. It's a great range gun, but pricey if that's all you want it for. I shoot a CZ Shadow 2 in USPSA. Started with a SP01 TAC. Gave it to my wife to compete with. It's a lil smaller frame and fits her nicely.

The S2 is a perfect balanced pistol IMO. I dropped a ultra lite kit in mine and polished all the internals. It made a great gun even better. I don't see myself upgrading anytime soon. If you have the cash pick one up.

It's worth the money!

Sigh and here I am in CA where a Shadow 2 is a $2500 gun.... without magazines. Did get my SP01 for $600 which is my place holder.

My S2 is titties. It is my EDC (iwb and owb), competition, range, SHTF, do all handgun. Might even carry it on duty once I get it cut for an RMR. Sold my Glock 34 gen 5 because I never shot it after buying my S2.

My single action pull is 2.5 pounds and the DA is very smooth, all factory. I definitely want to buy 2 or 10 more just to have as reserve. My only regret is that I paid $200 more for it compared to CZ’s Mil/LE discount. Oh well, the pistol freaking rocks.

Got the Lok “Boogie” grips on mine as the factory aluminum grips are a bit slick in the rain.

One day I may get a 2011/1911, but I’d be very happy with only a Shadow 2.

27E39D63-FF2B-420F-8D94-7142595768F4.jpeg

• Love
    Reactions: Asiparks
    So I’m just decided to get the Shadow2. Talking to someone now about buying his.

I just sold my m&p 2.0’s, one of which I carried in a bravo concealment torsion holster. LOVE that holster. Seriously my favorite.... idea was to carry my p10c now.... but they don’t make it for that! I’ll probably sell it to buy a G19 to carry. I don’t see myself shooting much of anything after getting the S2

Get up with Red Hill Tactical for your holster. They are the better company from my experience. My other holsters (iwb and owb) are from ANR Designs. The ANR holds the pistol well, but just doesn’t inspire confidence.

RHT holsters are of sturdier construction in my opinion. I’ve got their level 2 duty holster and its good. Plan on buying an IWB and OWB holster from them at some point.

Oh T-Rex Arms makes a few holsters for you P-10, they are very sturdy and secure holsters. Besides, a P-10 is what a Glock wishes it could be.

Get up with Red Hill Tactical for your holster. They are the better company from my experience. My other holsters (iwb and owb) are from ANR Designs. The ANR holds the pistol well, but just doesn’t inspire confidence.

RHT holsters are of sturdier construction in my opinion. I’ve got their level 2 duty holster and its good. Plan on buying an IWB and OWB holster from them at some point.

Oh T-Rex Arms makes a few holsters for you P-10, they are very sturdy and secure holsters. Besides, a P-10 is what a Glock wishes it could be.

They made me a level 2 75 SP01 holster with a light. Super nice.

RHT makes great holsters all my comp holsters come from those guys. They support shooting sports in a huge way.

The s2 is a great gun. Personally I like my cgw sp-01 better than my stock s2. The cgw s2 is hands down the best da/sa I’ve ever shot. I also love my p-10c. I put a HBi trigger in it and it’s tits.

Shadow 2 is good. Like bang for your buck really good. If I lost mine in a fire I wouldn't go above or below-- I'd buy another. Get one and some Lok Grip palm swell bogies and go to town.

Reactions: PBWalsh
    Back when I was looking they had them at Buds for 1050 ish

6D7215FF-F612-41FA-BC9B-CBFD051D45F3.jpeg

Shadow II is my favorite pistol. Some Henning grips, internal polishing, and spring kit makes it even more wow.