• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ Tacticool Thoughts for Xmas present??

JIF

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2013
Land of Oz
Update - first, the thoughts-perspectives-recs were all spot on even thought they were contrarian. please except my thanks for responding, this decision,purchase meant a bunch to me for a number of personal reasons to involved to go into here.

The Manner's stock option was very cool; they had one and I would have bought it instead of the one i ordered and bought.

Thanks again to everyone!
JIF

Not to repeat myself to much but my son will be graduating next spring with his Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering and I am always searching to find something he will not expect. He is down with shooting, I bought him his first handgun this summer for his b-day.

Also, any thoughts on the "taticool" vs. the more more expensive CZ with the Manner's stock? Target shooting to 100 perhaps a little more would be the use (we would booth use this as a trainer for my centerfire rifles).

I would like to put a decent scope on it and am not afraid to spend a few bucks on a good rimfire scope, everyone's suggestions would be valued.

Thanks my friends,
Jeff

Last edited:
I own a savage in a tacticool and own a CZ PT in the manners. The tacticool stock feels almost like it was built for a kid and im by no means a big guy at 5'7. I don't know if I even have to state this but the build quality and ruggedness of the Manners is leaps and bounds above the tacticool. Even in comparison to my 40x in a Bell and Carlson I prefer shooting the CZ just for the feel of the stock...something I have to fix very soon!

if I had to make the decision again I could easily justify the extra money for the Manners. Good luck finding one though...ive heard they are hard to come by.

For the $100 you can't go wrong with a Tacticool. I have one on a CZ varmint and Another on a 10/22. The LOP is 13.5 no different than any other full size stock. Yes I have shot the CZ manners and in my opinion over kill for the price on a CZ. It won't make a CZ shoot any better, For the money a Klinsy is the better buy IMO over the manners, it's a target stock and adjustable I,m sticking with the Tacticool as I prefer vertical grips that match my center fires. IMO Save the Manners money for a rifle that will Benefit from it like a mid range 223 or long range rifle build.

Now if the Tacticool doesn't balance well as it doesn't with my ruger heavy barrel just slug the rear with lead. If you need more LOP a spacer does the job just fine and no different then how a manners works.

Don't get me wrong if I had the money the CZ Manners feels great there just is no performance benefit to it on a Rimfire aside from the center fire feel it offers.

Scopes Weaver V24 fits a CZ like a glove with weaver high rings and DIP 0MOA rail it will get you too 100 if you have the urge to go out too 200 you'll need a 20 MOA and something thing with more turret you may have issues with shooting 50 though,I forget it's been a while since I did the math.

Last edited:
FUNCTIONAL where you at Blue MTN SportsCenter this weekend.

I own a savage in a tacticool and own a CZ PT in the manners. The tacticool stock feels almost like it was built for a kid and im by no means a big guy at 5'7. I don't know if I even have to state this but the build quality and ruggedness of the Manners is leaps and bounds above the tacticool. Even in comparison to my 40x in a Bell and Carlson I prefer shooting the CZ just for the feel of the stock...something I have to fix very soon!

if I had to make the decision again I could easily justify the extra money for the Manners. Good luck finding one though...ive heard they are hard to come by.

image_zps7d9f2e63.jpg

the tacticool version is more portable than the manners, and significantly less expensive. I would say the Manners is probably superior in every other respect. It doesn't feel like a kid's stock to me (I also have a 455 american, and the stock on it has even smaller dimensions), however, this is a wood stock with no bedding and a non-free-floated barrel channel.

Mine turns in some respectable groups with Wolf MT

image_zps95c61116.jpg

basically point and shoot on squirrel heads out to 50 yds.

FUNCTIONAL where you at Blue MTN SportsCenter this weekend.

Yes I was. had the CZ in the manners and the Savage in the digital tacticool stock. should be there again this weekend but on the 100/200yrd line if there isn't a 1.5hr wait again.

Its all personal preference in the end and how you can justify it. If you can try getting your hands on both stocks it should definitely help you out.

LOL I coped a feel of FUNCTIONALS Manners Stock the weekend I saw him there, wanted to re affirm the feel for a center fire build.

Yes I was. had the CZ in the manners and the Savage in the digital tacticool stock. should be there again this weekend but on the 100/200yrd line if there isn't a 1.5hr wait again.

Its all personal preference in the end and how you can justify it. If you can try getting your hands on both stocks it should definitely help you out.

i have an shoot both
for the money buy the tacticool bed it , paint it, space out the stock,
put the rest of the money you would spend on a manners into a good scope,
one shoots as good as the other,
now that been said i like the manners a lot, but as i stated in a different post, i got the manners 455 on a great deal
if i did not get such a money saving deal, would have picked up a boydes stock