• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

CZ452 Range Report [ found good midrange ammo!]

skatz11

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2009
Lexington, KY
I shot my CZ452 varmint again tonight at 25 and 50 yards. I had some really good results with some Fiocchi ammo. I'm starting to get used to the rifle now. The mosquitoes were terrible tonight. I'm happy with the results despite getting eaten alive. I added some OFF to my range bag on the way home.

CZ452 Varmit w/ Mueller APT
Fiocchi 40gr LRN (Standard Velocity)
Shot prone with Caldwell front bag and TAB rear bag

001.JPG

25 yds with scope @ 10X - missed one dot due to the damn mosquitoes.

003.JPG

25 yds with shot @ 5X

Shot my best 50 yd group so far... Only shot a enough at 50 to get a good zero. It was getting late and my patience was running out.
007.JPG

I had to have pulled the shot. It wasn't the last shot of the group. It was number 3 or 4.

In summary, it was a great way to end unwind halfway through the work week. I'm really impressed with the accuracy of the Fiocchi ammo. Midway has it for $29/500 right now. I'm really looking forward to testing some more at 50 and 100 yards.

Re: CZ452 Range Report [ found good midrange ammo!]

Great shooting
smile.gif

Apparently CZ 452 Varmint rifles are very very accurate right out of the box! Nice groups you've got there.
Try to shoot more at 50 yards.

If you can get some match quality ammunition like wolf match ammo, to test the pure accuracy of your rifle.

Do you employed any break in method with 452's barrel?

Greetings

I'm planning on doing most of my shooting at 50 yards from here on out. I'm finally feeling comfortable with the rifle. My goal to shoot at 100 then maybe 200 to learn to read the wind.

I've tried just about all the ammo I could find locally. After being raped at Gander Mt I'm about ready to order a brick of the Wolf from Midway. I noticed a big difference the other week at 100 yards when I tried the wolf and some Remington branded Eley ammo. If the rest of this Fiochhi shoots consistently well at 50yds, that means I can save the Wolf for 100.

No barrel break in other than just shooting. All the research I did basically said to just shoot, and don't clean until accuracy drops off. I've been cleaning the chamber with a q-tip and solvent, and running a boresnake with CLP every few hundred rounds.

Hello, this is my new <span style="font-weight: bold">CZ 452 Varmint in .22LR</span>
I shot it yesterday for the first time
smile.gif

It has:

Leapers 4-16x50 mildot scope with target turrets
Millet high profile scope rings
Shooter's Ridge Rock Mount 6-9' bipod
poligono2905021resize.jpg

poligono2905011resize.jpg

poligono2905017resize.jpg

As i promised some pics
I hope you like it.

Nice looking rifle. I shot mine again today. Have you adjusted the trigger at all? Mine has some creep. Not sure if it can tuned up or if i need to get shim kit or new trigger.

My trigger is also bad. Is not so hard but it cas as you said creep. It is easy to solve, just a mirror finish polished on the sear and engagement, or if you preffer some shim.

Try to get Youdave's kit, that is easy to install and it helps a lot.

Greetings