• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ457 17HMR 24” Tapered Barrel, Anybody?

BKSSNIPER

Minuteman
May 8, 2005
Arkansas
I’m looking at a CZ457 American in 17HMR. It has a 24” tapered barrel and a BEAUTIFUL walnut stock.

I’m looking for anyone that has one and can tell me if they shoot good.

I love the pretty wood but I don’t want a lemon.

74048F95-4DA4-40A2-9036-5E2C8E85E8B5.jpeg

I have the older brother of that one, the 452 American, and its a good rifle. CZ makes quality rifles for their price point, you shouldn't worry about a dud.
But with that said, it has been my experience and stated here many times in other threads that there is no match quality .17 HMR ammo. Accuracy? - can I shoot a squirrel at 100yds, most likely yes. Head shot? - depends on the ammo lottery.
I've had boxes of the Hornady ammo where it was cool to blow up plastic drink bottles by shooting them through the cap at 100 yds, the next box 1.5" - 2" group is tops.
In other words, I wouldn't be fretting about getting a lemon rifle, it's all about how many different types of ammo you can get and, maybe, get more of that lot after you try it.

I've got that rifle, very accurate, (sub dime size @ 50 yards) and with that longer barrel not very loud! Don't know if the pressure has dropped of a bit by the time the bullet leaves the barrel, or if it's just because the muzzle it farther away from your ears :rolleyes:

Reactions: BKSSNIPER