• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ457 MTR match barrel normal ammo

Sliced

Private
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2014
Hi, I’m trying to find out if I can use standard ammo in my CZ457 MTR 22LR with the match factory barrel. At the moment the stores close by are sold and not expecting stock for a while.
Thanks.

Ok thanks, thought so but made me question it when one of the guys in the gun shop said no I can’t

Can't use CCI Stingers though.....or Stangers depending on how the box is labeled.
Case is too long for a match chamber.
It's the only 22lr I know that will be an issue.

Reactions: sparkyv
I did recall stingers being a longer case, thanks for reminding me. My old man dropped off he’s old box of super-x #12 shot he had left over, would that be ok to use at some stage done the track maybe with a bit of cleaning after use?

I did recall stingers being a longer case, thanks for reminding me. My old man dropped off he’s old box of super-x #12 shot he had left over, would that be ok to use at some stage done the track maybe with a bit of cleaning after use?
I wouldn’t use rat shot in a target barrel unless it were the only 22 I had and I really needed to shoot something with shot.

OFG

Norma TAC-22 groups better in mine than any US based ammo for about the same price....or less. you probably won't have an issue with anything but Stingers or some of the absolute garbage ammo out there.