• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DA Wolfman, the best PCC suppressor?

762 ULTRAMAGA

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2018
Idaho
I'm looking for the quietest pcc suppressor to run on an AR9.
The wolfman sounds like a great can, and is rated up to 5.56.
Anything else I should be looking at?

Will you be running it on the pistols or just a PPC ?
CGS Mod 9 or Otter Creek Lithium would be my choice over the Wolfman

If running only on PCC and not pistols, Wolfman all day. Little heavy and large of a diameter if you're planning to swap to pistol hosts.

Reactions: 762 ULTRAMAGA
Will you be running it on the pistols or just a PPC ?
CGS Mod 9 or Otter Creek Lithium would be my choice over the Wolfman
I probably won't be running it on a pistol, I exclusively train drawing from the holster.

I have a DA wolf 9 sd and Wolfman.

The best (imo for combo of sound to me as a shooter and blowback) is the Resilient RS9. Hosts compared on are cz scorpion, mpx and sp5. The Wolfman in full configuration is pretty quiet but it's got some pretty significant gas in the face imo.

Also dead air quality control and just overall quality atm is a fucking mess. I wouldn't buy anything from them atm until they get their shit together.

Have you guys run it on a 300 BO or 5.56?

I've shot mine on a 300blk with subs. Sounded pretty good but not as good as my Nomad L.

I personally wouldn't run it on 5.56. It's not designed for it. Too much overbore.

Last edited:
Reactions: overmatch
I have a DA wolf 9 sd and Wolfman.

The best (imo for combo of sound to me as a shooter and blowback) is the Resilient RS9. Hosts compared on are cz scorpion, mpx and sp5. The Wolfman in full configuration is pretty quiet but it's got some pretty significant gas in the face imo.

Also dead air quality control and just overall quality atm is a fucking mess. I wouldn't buy anything from them atm until they get their shit together.
I'll look into the Resilient can.
Interesting.. I just bought a Nomad LT last year and the quality/suppression is top tier

I'll look into the Resilient can.
Interesting.. I just bought a Nomad LT last year and the quality/suppression is top tier

They are a mess atm. Switch manufacturers, using a bunch of subs putting out shit work, have a bunch of cans breaking with months long repairs, etc.

If you go on Reddit to r/nfa you'll see a significant amount of posts showing failures and issues.

I'm a dead air habitual asylum member and I personally wouldn't buy anything from them atm.

Too many other quality manufacturers with good or better stuff. Resilient RS9 was designed specifically for pcc's.

Resilient RS9
Huxwrx cash 9k
OCL lithium
^ would be my choices in that order

how about the bowers vers9? its not short, but it does a great job.

Omega 9k?

Surefire Ryder 9-mp5?

This is where i would be looking if i was not going to use my Ghost in the short configuration.

I’ve used my Wolfman on my 16” and 18” 223 and it works just fine in case you’re wondering. It’s rated for 5.56. Just be smart about it and don’t do mag dumps or full auto. Sounds great on the PCC’s.

I don't own any DA stuff but the recent things I'm seeing/hearing about their QA/QC and CS would make me pretty concerned to pull the trigger on a DA purchase...

They are a mess atm. Switch manufacturers, using a bunch of subs putting out shit work, have a bunch of cans breaking with months long repairs, etc.

If you go on Reddit to r/nfa you'll see a significant amount of posts showing failures and issues.

I'm a dead air habitual asylum member and I personally wouldn't buy anything from them atm.

Too many other quality manufacturers with good or better stuff. Resilient RS9 was designed specifically for pcc's.

Resilient RS9
Huxwrx cash 9k
OCL lithium
^ would be my choices in that order
you aint lyin. I got 5 of their cans and Im scared to use them.

Reactions: Clayman
Jesus what the hell happened?
They've been making solid cans for awhile now, pretty damn stupid to throw their reputation away like that!

They've been making solid cans for awhile now, pretty damn stupid to throw their reputation away like that!
Look at Reddit nfa. Tons of cans acting like Maraca shakers. Poor communication from them as well.

That sucks. I got my can when the Wolfman first came out. I believe it was KGM made. So far no issues.. but I probably just jinxed myself.

The issues with DA right now seem to be largely limited to their new Sierra5 556 can, some sort of QC issues in regards to the blast baffles being improperly welded and/or too brittle. I have not heard of any widespread issues with their other stuff. I’ve been very happy with my Wolfman, which sounds great on my AP5 and .300blk. On 556 or 7.62x39 it’s definitely not quiet, although I don’t have a 5.56 end cap to see if that makes a difference.

I would add the YHM R9 to the list for a dedicated PCC suppressor. I’ve been impressed with mine on my 9mm PCCs and 300blk

No idea what may or may not be happening at DA re: how they’re running their business, but my Wolfman works fantastic, as does my Nomad LT, and my Odessa.

Works great on my full-size Sig 320, Legion wanna be ‘“Tribute” gun:

i-BWc3rZK.jpg

Helps to have that heavy tungsten-infused frame, as well as the tungsten weight in the frame to counterbalance the can, but the Wolfman is super lightweight for its volume.

Can’t use it on my particular PCC because mine’s a .45 ACP. I’m no engineer…oh, wait, I am, LoL…but something tells me that pushing an 11mm diameter projectile through a 9mm opening might not work out so well!

Last edited:
With how poorly Dead Air has handled the disintegrating Sierra 5 baffles, I would be hesitant to buy anything from them at the moment. It’s insane to me that they have not issued a recall. I probably see 4 or 5 new examples of them failing every week on Instagram and Reddit.

With how poorly Dead Air has handled the disintegrating Sierra 5 baffles, I would be hesitant to buy anything from them at the moment. It’s insane to me that they have not issued a recall. I probably see 4 or 5 new examples of them failing every week on Instagram and Reddit.

It's absolutely shameful and dangerous that a recall hasn't been issued imo.

Peoples firearms and more importantly themselves could be damaged by their cans failing. Every signal Sierra should be recalled and checked. Even some of the ones that aren't disintegrating you're seeing loose baffles spinning and moving back and forth.

Tbh I probably won't buy dead air again. Many people are getting horrible cs atm basically being ghosted or given zero meaningful updates after months, they're not recalling a dangerous failing product, etc.

For me to even consider buying a DA product again I'd like to see first a recall, followed by a mass apology and some accountability from dead air (not Todd on some forums attempting to help/smooth things over), S5 owners should compensated in some way, a new track record of QC/CS excellence going forward, etc. I've met Todd, Mike, Tasson and some others there. They were very nice and seemed like good dudes but what's going on is unacceptable imo.

Imo the way they've handled this is going to hurt/cost them more than a recall would have if they had immediately jumped on it.

I'm looking for the quietest pcc suppressor to run on an AR9.
The wolfman sounds like a great can, and is rated up to 5.56.
Anything else I should be looking at?
Otter Creek Labs Lithium 9 is right there with the Wolfman. Take a look at it. Silencer Shop sells them. It's one of the quietest cans PEW Science has tested on the SP5...

Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 9.25.23 PM.png

It's not necessarily Dead Air, a lot of it is KGM got bad batches of Stellite for baffles (Sierra 5 issues), and then they started pitching a fit and throwing DA (who is now their direct competitor), and their customers under warranty contacts, under the bus because DA pulled their contract with them, and are going to use another sub. I wouldn't buy a damn thing from KGM ever after how they're treating DA customers who send in warranty claims. And until Dead Air gets shit situated, I'm good with the 4 quality DA cans that I have.

Reactions: 762 ULTRAMAGA
Otter Creek Labs Lithium 9 is right there with the Wolfman. Take a look at it. Silencer Shop sells them. It's one of the quietest cans PEW Science has tested on the SP5...

View attachment 8177491
I decided to give the Alaskan 360 a go, I talked with one of the senior guys at Silencer Shop and he said it's slightly quieter than to Wolfman to everyone who compared them.
Plus they're running a free tax stamp promo

The specs look great on the Otter Creek. Wish I'd seen it as it's even lighter and shorter than the Sig ModX9 in its full configuration. Interestingly enough, DA contacted me about the weight of the Sig as it functions without a booster using six baffles on my LTT Elite. I'd posted about it on the Beretta forum. And ironically, I'd just put the Sierra 5 in jail at that point, prior to seeing the continued failures and failing customer service.

The specs look great on the Otter Creek. Wish I'd seen it as it's even lighter and shorter than the Sig ModX9 in its full configuration. Interestingly enough, DA contacted me about the weight of the Sig as it functions without a booster using six baffles on my LTT Elite. I'd posted about it on the Beretta forum. And ironically, I'd just put the Sierra 5 in jail at that point, prior to seeing the continued failures and failing customer service.
Get an Otter Creek Polonium 5.56 can... It's hard-use duty-rated 17-4ph stainless with no barrel length restrictions and full-auto rated. Sounds amazing, too...Very deep (low) tone, so it's pleasing to the ears on 5.56. I have one that is my next stamp to be approved. It's sitting right at 175 days or so now. Times seem to be slowly speeding up, so hopefully in the next month or 2. MSRP is only $550. Honestly, until DA gets the Sierra issues figured out, I'd go ahead and get the ball rolling on a Polonium for a backup for when the Sierra fails. I hate to be pessimistic like that, because I love DA, and used to talk to Todd and Mike regularly, but since all the KGM stuff they've been so busy, I haven't talked to them in a while. And until they get the issues fixed, I can't see risking dropping the money on a Sierra can until they get the issues worked-out. I really wanted one, but glad I postponed it, and ended up getting a Polonium instead. The Polo has a reversed blast baffle to reduce BP, and it works well.

You can backorder one on SS...

Here's a few in stock...

I'm at 219 days on my Sierra as of today. Honestly I would have purchased the Huxwrx Flow 556 at the time but they were out of stock and almost double the price. I own exactly zero 223 bolt guns so the Flow makes more sense for me.

All the comments about DA quality is concerning. My Primal has been in jail since early December and I plan on running it on my 450 Bushmaster. Hopefully things are limited to the Sierra as has been mentioned.