• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Daddy got a new toy!

Jered Joplin

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
I'm posting this here because I know you guys are always wanting to see different lathes etc. Who's using what.....that kinda deal. Well here is the new toy:

IMG_8184.jpg

IMG_8183.jpg

IMG_8186.jpg

Re: Daddy got a new toy!

I have been looking for a good Romi M17 for what seems like a century. Finding one for a good deal pretty much doesn't happen. If someone has one they generally keep it because it's that damn good. If the sell it the price is never low because they know what they have. The new ones have a Siemens control which is good but I'm already running a Fanuc and really could care less about adding a new control to the list. They actually stumbled on this in the warehouse in Brazil still in the crate....never even made a chip. They called me because I had bugged the crap out of them forever about finding a good one. I'm really stoked about getting her up and running.

You guys are going to laugh your ass off when you see what it's first project will be. It will be a while on that one though before we unveil it.

That thing is cool and HUGE. Room on the boat for that, a dozen banana's and a kilo of South America's finest eh.

Would love to walk through some of you gents shops. We are so far from nowhere here you don't see nothing until it has been on the market for 20yrs. While most are running their older 3ph lathes with a VFD I am using a 2HP JD stationary with distillant for mine.
smile.gif

Nice piece Jerad, can understand your excitement.

Nice, hope it works as you hope. Thanks for the up date ... but still waiting on pics of YOUR new rifle. You arent going to keep that one all to your self are you?

jj, darn nice setup ! your 223ai's are the best!

Looks real good Jared. Funny how things like that will turn up in unlikely places, truly a world economy out there.

Glad it has a working door so Dave doesn't his OBL beard caught in it!!

The crazy thing is I scrolled up to see if the screw driver was crooked and it is.
They don't really fit in any of the holders that well. I thought about buying a set that would. I think I have more of just the "O" than the "CD". It makes me pretty good at what I do but a pain in everyone else's ass.

yea, that makes the new ratchet set I got last year look pretty lame....

quite impresive
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJoplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...but a pain in everyone else's ass.

</div></div>

Self awareness is a wonderful thing.

Damn Jered, that is some pretty stuff there! I just picked up a Hardinge HLV-H yesterday, and thought I was in the happy place, turns out that place is in Georgia!

So what kind of cool stuff you have planned for this moe-sheen?

It's main purpose is barrel work but we do have a fun project planned for it first. Gotta keep it under the curtain for now. Trust me you'll hear about it at some point. Still laughing over the idea.