• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dad's AR is finally done

rwest309

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
Artesia NM
Well after gathering parts from all over the land I think I have finally finished this AR build for my father.

I wish I could keep it for myself but he funded this little adventure so I guess I better send it to him.
Its going to be hard to put this one in a box and send it with the boys in brown.

Upper
Noveske 18" SPR 1:7 SS
Noveske Lo Pro Gas Block / mid length tube
Smith Enterprises Vortex Flash Hider
VLTOR MUR-1 Billet Upper Reciever
Tac Charging Handle
Fail Zero BCG
Daniel Defense 12.0 Lite Rail
Larue SPR 1.5 30mm
US Optics SN4

Lower
Sun Devil Billet Lower Reciever
KNS Anti-Rotation Pins
Ergo Grip
Magpul CTR
DPMS LPK w/Fail Zero Hammer

What do ya'll think?

I think its sweet but eyes of the beholder and all...Oh and I know the chair, 5 foot weeds, and the lawnmower are sweet as well. Thanks in advance.

Re: Dad's AR is finally done

Oh yeah, that's a sweet rifle!Pretty much like the whole concept, you have a right to feel like it's hard to let it go...

Very nice!
How's the fit between the VLTOR upper and the Sun Devil lower?

Hey ! That looks familiar ... LOL
Rifle8.jpg

I have since added the Magpul BAD lever and a Larue mount like yours . Trying to save some money for a scope as well .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotIce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice!
How's the fit between the VLTOR upper and the Sun Devil lower?
</div></div>

Fit is absolutely perfect. Rear pin is tight but not too tight, I was impressed with the way they mated. The VLTOR Upper is a slightly darker shade of black than the lower but it is pretty hard to tell unless you are out in the sun.

Also thanks for the kind comments. Im going to direct my dad to this post so he can finally see his own rifle. He has been flying an Air Tanker all summer long putting out forest fires in the desert southwest and of course California. He just got back to Wyo after 230+ flight hours so I think he deserved this little jewel as a reward.

Very very nice! I dig it!