• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Daewoo rifles

MK14 SEI

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2009
US
I recently picked up this Daewoo AR-100, it's my only 5.56mm rifle and I plan to run a suppressor on it.

AR-100DAEWOO003.jpg

IMG_4103.jpg

I have joined this Daewoo forum to learn more about these rifles.

IMG_4099.jpg

AR-100DAEWOO007.jpg

Do any other SH members own an AR-100, K2, MAX II or other Daewoo rifle?

Let's see them.

Re: Daewoo rifles

Excellent rifles. Very smooth op system and great for suppressor use. We had a custom 16" DR200 folder with many of the upgrades that come from DRP. Problem was we never shot it and all our semi-auto time was on our AR's.

I wish we had not sold it as I know we'll pay hell to ever get another. Keep that one. AR100's are not too common, wonderful weapon.

Suppose to be picking one of the K2's up this Friday. A buddy of mine has had it for quite some time. I told him if he ever wanted to sell it to put me at the front of the line.

He called 2 weeks ago and said I could have it for $800 if I wanted it.

I guess I'll see how it goes. He will probably change his mind
cry.gif

I will play..My old woo..
Sold it to a friend but still get to play with it.

2010-12-29_13-54-13_49.jpg

DSC01211.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kenda</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excellent rifles. Very smooth op system and great for suppressor use. We had a custom 16" DR200 folder with many of the upgrades that come from DRP. Problem was we never shot it and all our semi-auto time was on our AR's.

I wish we had not sold it as I know we'll pay hell to ever get another. Keep that one. AR100's are not too common, wonderful weapon. </div></div>

Same here same regrets about selling it years back.

I bought one of these back in the 80's. It was a folder. I think I paid $299.00 for it because I had also bought a Colt CAR-15 at the same time for $100 more. Didn't fit me well. I thought it was a piece of crap and sold it pretty quickly. Still don't think selling it was a mistake. Seemed to be kind of a "Tonka-toy" rifle. IMO...
Of course, any rifle can develop a "Cult" following.

Shot them when stationed in Korea--

They seemed reliable enough, but not as accurate as an AK (which is saying something). That was 15 years ago...

Nice looking rifle...

I have never been in the right spot at the right time so that I could play with one of these...

Nice rifles!

I picked up the correct DC Vortex and made a connection for the Korean rail system while at SHOT.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frog5215</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does she know you've had the ring off? </div></div>

laugh.gif

I have a K2, rarely gets used. I'm thinking of selling it, just to used to the AR platform I guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: charliedontsurf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My AR110C

003-2.jpg
</div></div>

Nice... I would like to find one of those for myself.

I had one like the AR110C above. Same rifle, but mine was marked K1A1. I only had it a few weeks and traded it on a CAR15 that I kept for about 15 years. I think the K1A1 cost me $400. I liked the MP5 size. I badly wanted to chop it down to 11.5" barrel as I'd seen one in a Janes book. They're a bit outdated now since they don't have flat tops, but I liked it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whitetailnut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Suppose to be picking one of the K2's up this Friday. A buddy of mine has had it for quite some time. I told him if he ever wanted to sell it to put me at the front of the line.

He called 2 weeks ago and said I could have it for $800 if I wanted it.

I guess I'll see how it goes. He will probably change his mind
cry.gif

</div></div>

Better late than never! Anyone know what threads the 2 holes on the top of the receiver are?

DSCF0330.jpg

DSCF0331.jpg

DSCF0332.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whitetailnut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Better late than never! Anyone know what threads the 2 holes on the top of the receiver are?</div></div>

Nice K2!

The optional optic rail uses those two holes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Nice K2!

The optional optic rail uses those two holes. </div></div>

Thanks

I'm looking to find some screws to fill the holes. I'm guessing they are metric.

I just returned from a visit with my friend Mark Kuczka at American Precision Arms. Mark removed the original flash hider and jam nut.
The DC vortex threaded onto the barrel as it should, but there is too much exposed threading exposed. APA will pull the barrel, remove just
enough from the tip to eliminate exposed threading. This service will include re-crowning the barrel, making sure the bore is concentric
with the barrel and test firing with my M14DC sound suppressor installed. They will also confirm what ROT my barrel has (1:7.3 or 1:12)

I had a DR 200 and regret having sold it. Never tried to shoot groups with it, but consistantly hit human size targets center mass out to 200 yards with open sights.

Nice rifles!

Was good seeing you, bud.

Can't wait to get this knocked out for you. Really can't wait to hear the suppressor on there.

I admit it was weird seeing you with something other than a .30-cal rifle. LOL.

This thread brings back memories. I haven't seen one of these things since I was in Korea in '88.

I wish I had not sold my K2 I had back in the day! I will give you one piece of advice though DO NOT GET THE K2 FIRING PIN MIXED UP WITH A ARs! Trust me bad things happen, the K2 wont fire and the AR goes open bolt and wont quit until it dumps the mag. Made that mistake, hit the bolt release, and promplty destroyed my dads lawn mower. The look the same, fit in each other, but the K2's is longer