• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DAG 7.62x51 German Surplus?

Re: DAG 7.62x51 German Surplus?

FYI ...this was Lapuas response...

Dear B_ _ _,

Yes we made in “old days” nickel coated steel jacket bullets and also the military cartridges was made in the same way.

My personal opinion in this case is for the average hunter shooter it’s without bigger different and also if it should worn out the barrel so quickly

In case of that the army couldn’t use it. An other thing is the fouling, with cupper jackets this isn’t by far away the same with nickel coated jackets.

THE BARREL LOOKS CLEAN WHEN USING NICKEL COATED BULLETS and this is very imported for the accuracy.

I can’t give any numbers off the life time for a barrel whose just has been used with nickel coated bullets vs. a cupper jacket one,

But I have a feeling of that the copper coated bullets use in a barrel will shoot some more rounds.

Today we have additive’s in the powder for anti fouling and in same time works also as a lubricant, with good results.

So with this in mind I will say it doesn’t madder what you use as a regular hunter, if you are a competitor shooter

with many thousands round each year it can be something to think of.

I hope I give you answer to your questions.

Bests Åke Nilsson R&D-dep.