• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Dallas area gunsmith to true Rem 700 receiver.

wkt60

Private
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2007
Carrollton,Texas
Title says it all.. does anyone in the area have a recommendation for a local Dallas, tx smith to true my Rem 700 receiver.
I'm new to the area,have used great smiths nationally, just wondered if there was someone here local.
Thanks

Re: Dallas area gunsmith to true Rem 700 receiver.

Check out Celtic Rifles. Link is in my signature below. Connor's a great guy and makes a hell of a rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wkt60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Title says it all.. does anyone in the area have a recommendation for a local Dallas, tx smith to true my Rem 700 receiver.
I'm new to the area,have used great smiths nationally, just wondered if there was someone here local.
Thanks </div></div>

Gene Williams in Princeton TX is one of the best gunsmiths there is period, nationally or locally. If you're interested in his number send me a PM and I'll give you his number.

Also, welcome to Dallas

Your top smith's in the area will be Steve Lamphear in Princeton, Mike Lau with Texas Brigade Armory in Mingus, TX and S&S precision. I have heard Gene Williams is good, but dang is he opinionated!

where's this Gene Williams is located or what companie he work for?

+1 for Gene, opinions included. Reserve some time when you go by his shop... he can talk.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have heard Gene Williams is good, but dang is he opinionated! </div></div>

That's part of the fun of hanging out with Gene. Yes, he can be opinionated at times but he's one of the finest gunsmiths I've ever had work on my rifles. I’ve used Steve Lamphear also he’s also a darn good gunsmith also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wkt60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Title says it all.. does anyone in the area have a recommendation for a local Dallas, tx smith to true my Rem 700 receiver.
Thanks</div></div>

call me

214-850-6882

Re: Dallas area gunsmith to true Rem 700 receiver

Gene can talk and talk and talk. I spent today with him my ears still ringing and I turned off my hearing aids.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whatcha want' me to call you??</div></div>

....maybe

Call him anything you want, to but not late for lunch....

Not in the DFW area. He is at the trinadad school of gunsmithing.

I highly recommend Mike Lau @ Texas Brigade Armory. Probably take a little time though.

Try Andrew Quant at attwelltactical.com he does really good work and is in north dallas.

Richard King does good work. He does a lot of work for the guys I shoot with. He will not have a long wait time.

Mike Lau is going to have a long wait time.

Let me add another good word for Gene Williams. I'm taking a rifle to him tomorrow for repair.

+100 on Gene Williams. He can talk and you cant get away..and he is opinionated. On the other side. He is very nice and does good work. Price was reasonable and done in 2 days. I have since been back and had other stuff done. If you have time to socialize, go with Gene.

Gene Williams or Garland over at Triple G gunsmithing in Stephenville. TBA has had some issues it would seem lately and add the time its going to take to get it done into the equation. Garland can get you turned around in 2 weeks. I am not sure what Gene is sitting on right now. Have had the pleasure of owning a rifle from S&S and will cross Stick and Sims off the list of smith's I use that are local.

Give bolt a call he can maybe point you in an even better direction.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzardking308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out Celtic Rifles. Link is in my signature below. Connor's a great guy and makes a hell of a rifle. </div></div>

+1

+1 for stick at s&s precision in argyle texas! Theyre great guys.

Another shout for Gene. He has built multiple rifles for me and the have always been great. I picked up my 6XC a couple of weeks ago and he said he was going to stop taking work for a little bit to get caught up but you never know with Gene. Just give him a call and he will tell you if he cant get it done in the time you need it.

I agree with the posts on Gene Williams in Princeton. He's done three rifles for me and the quality has been great. In fact he has one of mine right now.

I have used Gene Williams and S&S. Both are great, but my vote goes to Gene Williams in Princeton (by a small margin). He built my 257 Wby and it is a lazer

Stic built my 280 AI and it is a shooter too.

where's this Gene Williams is located or what companie he work for?
Gene Williams is his own Company in Princeton, Tx, he is a one man operation.