• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Dallas/ Fort Worth local gunsmith to thread barrel?

sabrecross

Forever a Minuteman
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2018
Texas
Looking for a highly recommended local gun smith to thread my factory 7mm RM Sendero barrel for a muzzle brake..

Thank you. I've sent messages to Class 3 and Alamo Precision. I appreciate the feedback.

Astroid precision in Weatherford TX. Cheap fast and he’s a ranked ELR shooter.

Reactions: sabrecross
Thanks guys. I'm going with class 3 machining. I'm scheduled to drop off my rifle on Monday.

Late, but for anyone who finds this in the future:

DO NOT use S&S Precision in Roanoke. Ruined a Desert Tech barrel. Cutting and threading resulted in non-class 3 dimension threads, and extreme runout.

Would have had a baffle strike had I not checked suppressor alignment.

They “may” build a good benchrest gun, but they don’t know shit about suppressor threads.

Reactions: Milf Dots
Thanks guys. I'm going with class 3 machining. I'm scheduled to drop off my rifle on Monday.
Good choice. Morgan has done about a dozen barrel threads for me over the years. Good comms, reasonable turnaround and prices, and ZERO baffle strikes. Highly recommended.