• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DAM... hows this for customer service... Black Hills

That's rather impressive. I would not expect any company, no matter how big or small, to do that. Kudos to them.

Wow, pretty awesome. I have shot the Black Hills Gold .308 match, and reload their match brass. It's been very good so far. May have to try the 5.56 too after reading this.

Now as for the seller shorting the guy 100 rounds, that guy should be outed post haste!

Last edited:
I have about 3,000 rounds of B.H. brass, it had had the booolits pulled, I removed the primer punch from the die and small base size the stuff and load it up.
Nice stuff to work with. I am impressed.
A most excellent thing B.H. di to step in and replace the bent rounds for that guy.
I wonder if I sent them My bras if they`d send Me full rounds fuhr replacement ??? :confused::rolleyes:

Last edited:
hmm, I have a thousand rounds of my mk262 clones loaded up, think im gonna throw em in a box, mail them to myself and email BH saying I may have gotten buddy fucked and will they inspect them for me

hmm, I have a thousand rounds of my mk262 clones loaded up, think im gonna throw em in a box, mail them to myself and email BH saying I may have gotten buddy fucked and will they inspect them for me

Mail them to me and I may, or may not mail them back.

That way you either get twice shipped rounds or you truly got screwed.

Slightly off topic, but I bought a used Ruger .454 Casull at a gun shop. It had some cylinder play and drag marks on the hammer. The price was right, though. I checked the serial number and it was pretty old. I don't remember the age now, but it was over 10 years old.

I called Ruger and told them what I had, and that I would like to have it gone through and checked over. I sent it in. Right at two weeks went by and I called them to ask the status. The girl on the phone said, " we are shipping it back tomorrow." I asked what they did. She said they put new trigger spring(s) in it, new hammer, new grips, did some work on or replaced the crane, cant remember for sure, and I think timed it. I asked how much. She said, "there's no charge."

I was silent for quite a while. I expressed my gratitude and had my gun back in either one day or two, don't remember for sure how they shipped it, but it was expedited shipping which I didn't pay for either. It looks like new. Class act right there.

I love BH 5.56 77 gr OTM. I have never gotten around to reloading for the AR15's. Kudo's to them. I will buy some more of their stuff.

Last edited:
Gotta love customer service like that. I know a few guys at black hills ammunition and they are all top notch guys

I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but that dinged up brass in the pictures looked like SAW brass to me, when the weapon tries to load two rounds, or loads one with a spent case half stuck. Sometimes they get completely trashed and bent in half. Sometimes they look like that and feed on through. It would account for about 6-8% in bulk military spent brass too, I'd guess. I always try to NOT get SAW brass when I can help it --I'd been getting Navy brass.

Definitely looks like you got taken by the first guy. Looks like Black Hills took care of you and also saved face --they don't wanna be known for putting out reloaded SAW brass as "match grade" anything. And I'm sure they don't, nothing I've gotten from them ever was.

Really good companies, from my experience, will stand up for the customer. I've had more than a few companies actually send me stuff because another company screwed me over somehow, from a $100 item, up to here recently, a $900 item, and a few in between. It definitely helps you narrow down who to do business with in the future, doesn't it? When a good company pays for someone else mistakes?

Other good companies like that: KAC (if you know someone there) Cammenga compasses, SOG multitools, Harris Bipods, TNVC (they're the $900 guys, big time top notch CS) Blue Force/Vickers slings, ADM mounts and Alexander Arms. These are the ones that have gone above and beyond when it comes to CS, even covering stuff they didn't have to or shouldn't have had to, and never with any money involved on my end. It'll pay off for 'em in the future though.

But if I order loaded rifle ammo, I'll keep Black Hills in mind. I'd only heard good of them over the years anyway, even back when they were small. Thanks, good companies need to get called out too.

Well, I'm not really sure that this even relates to "customer service" per se. Guy get's boinked by buying some dinged up second hand ammo (who knows where it came from, where it's been) and manufacturer steps up and makes it good? Wow, Black Hills it is!

Just confirms the positive performance I've had from BH Match ammo thus far: there's clearly a solid company standing behind it. Looking forward to trying out the MK262 in one of my new rifles when I'm CONUS in a few weeks.