• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Dan Wesson RZ 45

exedotbat

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2009
Montville, NJ
This is my first 1911, was originally going to go with a Kimber, but changed my mind last minute. Couldn't be happier.

Re: Dan Wesson RZ 45

You have chosen...wisely.
url]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you bought one of the few "Buy one and be done" 1911s. </div></div>
You will be happier with this than a Kimber. Its like choosing Accura over a Hyndai.

Kimber's fallen, I hope DW can stick with good QC and stick around a while! They are so clean! No glaring slide banners, no forward serations, tight bushings! Its all good!

I remember when a Kimber series 1 gun would cost less than $500
back when it was introduced 96' timeframe! Its getting tougher for 1911 companies to stay buyable with the average paycheck considering the average paycheck is buying less and less during this onslaught of inflation past 12 years!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you bought one of the few "Buy one and be done" 1911s. </div></div>

Couldn't agree more. So many people are unwilling to lay down serious money the first time around. Then the second or third time on the merry-go-round they end up doing it (speaking from experience). Congrats on a fine handgun.

simplicity at it's best