• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dana English Hunting Rifle

EasternNChunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2012
Eastern NC
I just recieved these pics from Mr English and wanted to share my new 300 win mag hunting rifle. I want to thank: Stockys, Southern Precision Rifles (Bugholes), Kampfeld Custom, APA, CS Tactical (Mike) and Dana English for building my dream hunting rifle. I also need to thank Bob L Swagger since I copied his badass looking rifles with the Olive Marble stock and Flat Dark Earth Cerakote. Hopefully, Dana will recieve my Bat Tactical action soon for my 6.5x47 build. Dana has been great throughout all of this and comes highly recommended by me and Robert Gradous. I will post more pics when I recieve the rifle. I bought all of the parts and had them sent to Mr English. Parts are:
26" Bartlein Sendero Contour 1-10 twist
Surgeon 1086 with Mag Bolt Face action
APA Little Bastard Brake
Jewell Trigger @ 2 lbs.
McMillan Remington Varmint stock (Olive Marble!!!)
Premier Light Tactical 3-15x50
Nightforce Ultra Light Rings
Remington 700 Aluminum Hinged Floorplate

The rifle checks in at 10.785 lbs as pictured, which I am very happy with.

Attachments

• English 300 win mag 1.jpg
    English 300 win mag 1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 30
  • English 300 win mag 2.jpg
    English 300 win mag 2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
That's a badass rig right there. Very good choices on parts, by the way. I look forward to the range report.

Thanks boys! Dana is doing load development for it and hopefully I will have paid for and in my hands in a week. Shooting 208 AMAXs and 180 Accubonds. I can't wait to try the Long Range Accubonds.

Last edited:
Good luck hunting. The only negative thing is you can't blame that equipment if you don't fill your tags, you'll need to invent another excuse.

Great looking rife set up, and again good luck.

I just recieved these pics from Mr English and wanted to share my new 300 win mag hunting rifle. I want to thank: Stockys, Southern Precision Rifles (Bugholes), Kampfeld Custom, APA, CS Tactical (Mike) and Dana English for building my dream hunting rifle. I also need to thank Bob L Swagger since I copied his badass looking rifles with the Olive Marble stock and Flat Dark Earth Cerakote. Hopefully, Dana will recieve my Bat Tactical action soon for my 6.5x47 build. Dana has been great throughout all of this and comes highly recommended by me and Robert Gradous. I will post more pics when I recieve the rifle. I bought all of the parts and had them sent to Mr English. Parts are:
26" Bartlein Sendero Contour 1-10 twist
Surgeon 1086 with Mag Bolt Face action
APA Little Bastard Brake
Jewell Trigger @ 2 lbs.
McMillan Remington Varmint stock (Olive Marble!!!)
Premier Light Tactical 3-15x50
Nightforce Ultra Light Rings
Remington 700 Aluminum Hinged Floorplate

The rifle checks in at 10.785 lbs as pictured, which I am very happy with.

Well???? Did you get your rifle yet???

Well???? Did you get your rifle yet???

Dana could have sent it Friday but didn't want it sitting around somewhere over the weekend so I agreed that mailing it out monday was best. I should have it tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. Don't worry, I will post lots of pics. I have already loaded up several different loads for the 208 AMAXs that I will be using around here. I will probably get up early before work so I can shoot it and find its load Thursday/Friday morning so I can be in the stand with it Saturday morning. I have gotten some pics of a pretty nice buck and hope to get more if the bears will leave my camera alone. I went down in the woods this morning to check my camera and put out some accorns, corn and sweet potatoes and found my camera 10' feet from its tree. Black bears are new to my area and they evidently don't like trail cameras.

Attachments

• Cdy00276.jpg
    Cdy00276.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Cdy00277.jpg
    Cdy00277.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Cdy00275.jpg
    Cdy00275.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMAG0335.jpg
    IMAG0335.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Dana could have sent it Friday but didn't want it sitting around somewhere over the weekend so I agreed that mailing it out monday was best. I should have it tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. Don't worry, I will post lots of pics. I have already loaded up several different loads for the 208 AMAXs that I will be using around here. I will probably get up early before work so I can shoot it and find its load Thursday/Friday morning so I can be in the stand with it Saturday morning. I have gotten some pics of a pretty nice buck and hope to get more if the bears will leave my camera alone. I went down in the woods this morning to check my camera and put out some accorns, corn and sweet potatoes and found my camera 10' feet from its tree. Black bears are new to my area and they evidently don't like trail cameras.

HAH! Gotta love them bears, they are such a pain in the ass!!! I spent a good part of my hunt yesterday watching a mother bear and her cubs milling around.

Just picked up the rifle this afternoon. It was getting dark but I had to shoot it. I can't believe how little it kicks, especially weighing in less than 11 lbs. I will shoot some groups Saturday morning and post up the pics. These are from my phone, so apologize in advance for the quality.

Attachments

• IMAG0180.jpg
    IMAG0180.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMAG0181.jpg
    IMAG0181.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMAG0182.jpg
    IMAG0182.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMAG0183.jpg
    IMAG0183.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMAG0184.jpg
    IMAG0184.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 26
This Premier Light Tactical scope is awesome! I am very happy with this rifle and scope. Mr English really did a great job with this.

Attachments

• IMG950693.jpg
    IMG950693.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMAG0186.jpg
    IMAG0186.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMAG0187.jpg
    IMAG0187.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMAG0188.jpg
    IMAG0188.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 22
  • IMAG0190.jpg
    IMAG0190.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I have not personally met Dana yet, but I like the man alot and couldn't be happier with his work. It doesn't hurt that the man is a benchrest shooter and applies benchrest type tollerances and attention to detail to his work. I know Robert Gradous wouldn't recommend him if he didn't believe in him.

4-5 weeks but all parts were sent to Mr English. He is retired and does this more as a hobby than anything else. He doesn't take on alot of builds as he (understandably) doesnt want his hobby to turn into work and take his enjoyment out of it. He is very fast considering how long most other builders take.
Edit: It would have been quicker if he didn't have to send off the barrel to be fluted.

Last edited:
It shoots great! I did some doe management yesterday afternoon and dropped 2 does at 365. I found that my old load 76 grains of H1000 works great in this rifle too. I will get back to load development and post some pics of groups tomorrow. The Premier Light Tactical is badass!!!

thats awesome! i have that EXACT same stock(color and model) but for a 700sa that im getting ready to build out with a sendero contour barrel also. i was wondering how it was going to look and now i know, BAD ASS!

Pics... or it didn't happen! ;)

You are not allowed to hunt with a rifle in my county unless your 8' off the ground. I may or may not have been 8' off the ground. I was in a hurry to get my does so I didn't get any pics. As for the rifle, no pics of groups there either. What I did is load up 10 rounds of 208 AMAXs at 3.612 (Dana's suggestion) at loads of 75-76.4 in .2 grain increments of H1000. Granted, I haven't shot any of the 75, 75.2, and 75.4 grain rounds yet, but it seems like they all shoot the same. Shooting 3 shot groups, usually 2 holes are touching and a third is 1/2" to the right. I thinking its me. I just cleaned the crap out of the barrel and couldn't believe how much copper (blue) kept coming out on the patches. Dana said he shot it 14-16 times and cleaned it and I did the shoot - clean, shoot - clean, shoot shoot - clean for probably 20 rounds. I am sure the barrel is broken in. I did shoot my 76 grain H1000 load through the chrony and got an average of 2780. That load used to shoot 2830 out of my Gradous 300 win mag with the same 26" lengthed barrel. I guess the speed will pick up with more shooting. Anyway, I know the rifle is capable of one hole groups but the shooter needs to do his part. I will post some pics once I get those one hole groups. Have I mentioned that the Premier Light Tactical scope is AWESOME?!!!!

Last edited:
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg Nice setup I'm sure you will love it. This is a 300wsm that Dana built for me. I'm not a great trigger puller but this rifle makes me look good. Dana is the best and a super guy as we'll. Enjoy keep us updated on progress.