• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Daniel Defense DD5 V4 in 6.5 Creedmoor

TacticalPlinker

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2012
Any word on this ? The videos show the 6.5 Creedmoor to be a soft shooter. Are there any reliability issues?

Looking at the 18" as a $2400 lightweight alternative (8.6 lbs) to the usual choices out there (KAC and LMT). The appeal to me is the overall weight that would serve well as a DMR with reach. Not so much in a prone position all the time.

(....and I'm not interested in building another Aero project gun. )

https://danieldefense.com/dd5-v4-65creedmoor.html

Thanks for any responses.

Reactions: Jsp556
I’ve got one in 6.5 CM. The “hunter” package with the upgraded trigger. Perfectly happy with it as a do it all AR-10 for hunting and shooting long range. I run it suppressed and have had no issues. Has an adjustment for the gas block

Reactions: hypno02
No argument there, except BIL has had one on order from Seekins for over a year now…..it’s coming, they just don’t know when
Yes. I asked Seekins to quote me on an 18" SP10 build in 6.5CM and they said 6 months . Still a 10 pound'ish gun. But I'm sure its excellent. It's now on my radar. No where near $2500 though. Add $1k

A dd5 is much higher quality than an SP10. I have both.
BEB91632-DC1D-476A-96EE-83D5DF9F6B1D.gif

Reactions: bigjake83
If you have a dd5, I’ll trade you my SP10. I’ll sign up for a membership and make post in the exchange to make it legit.

Seekins 6.5creedmoor SP10 are accurate and reliable but don’t use the correct gas system on their rifles and no matter what are hard on brass. They also come with the sorriest adjustable gasblock that could ever go on a rifle. The block can be shut all the way and the rifle will still cycle and lockback on an empty mag when suppressed and destroys your brass. There has been multiple threads about this on here. Now buy a SP10 and rebarrel it with the correct gaslength and buy a decent adjustable gasblock and you will be golden. Sucks that a $3000 rifle is now a $3800 rifle that should work from the factory at their initial pricepoint.

My SP10 has been accurate and reliable despite the short comings that shouldn’t be there on a $3000 rifle. I did have to switch gasblocks out though and it does help keep the brass in better shape although most will still be dinged and dented although now reloadable at least. Before the gasblock switch brass was completely destroyed.

@bigjake83, did you ever finish and post your write up and review of the SP10?

Last edited:
How many rounds do you have through the DD5 ? And how old is it?
I recently sold a dd5v4 in 6.5 creedmoor. I had it a couple years but only put a few hundred rounds through it. The rifle is gassed perfectly and doesn’t even put a scratch on the brass whether suppresses or unsuppressed. The two setting gasblock along with their porting works perfectly. The gasblock will freeze like all do if you don’t move it. I still have a DD5V3 in .308 that works just the same. I just don’t shoot semi autos much at all so I can’t attest to longevity.

Reactions: TacticalPlinker