• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Daniel Defense Mk12, worth it?

Cobracutter,

So you mean to tell me that the DPMS Mk. 12 isn't an actual Mk. 12? ;)

I think these companies name some of these rifles after military rifles to put them into a category (DDM4, DDMk.18, DPMS SASS, etc...). Im sure DD, DPMS, etc.... don't actually mean to attempt at making a clone or convincing buyers that they are getting an actual military rifle. I could care less what people name their rifles. But, I also don't correct everyone that says clip and not magazine either. I know what they mean.

The DD MK18 is an actual MK18 except for the Auto/Burst trigger. I think DD would know, since they have one of the contracts for it. They should fucking know better than to play bullshit games with names.

Truth about AR Companies

Many sell them

Few make them

Most are part assemblers

2000.00 is a lot to pay for someone to put together basic parts

Not the Case with KAC........

Most everyone else, yes you are 100%.

The DD MK18 is an actual MK18 except for the Auto/Burst trigger. I think DD would know, since they have one of the contracts for it. They should fucking know better than to play bullshit games with names.

I am aware of the DD Mk.18. However, the one at my local gun shop comes with a Sig arm brace, lol. Not quite a complete mk18.

It did not come from the factory like that. Just because some monkey at a gun store (nothing wrong with it btw) builds a gun up like that, doesn't mean it comes from the factory.

DD sells MK18 Uppers and SBR's.

I also bet the gun store didn't pay the 11% FET when they created a gun from those parts.........

And you would be right. The store still added the brace but that's not really material.
Never seen one in person, in a store or online.
$800 over a MK18 upper for a regular lower and pistol RE....thats nuts.

And you would be right. The store still added the brace but that's not really material.
Never seen one in person, in a store or online.
$800 over a MK18 upper for a regular lower and pistol RE....thats nuts.

Even as expensive as they are we blow them out here in Idaho.

With the approval of the Sig brace and no more bullshit with the NFA over SBR's, these things sell like hot cakes.

Odin Works just came out with a pistol buffer tube with a locking nut that mates up to the Sig brace. It allows you to set the LoP and keeps the brace from twisting. Tom Hines came in and gave us the very first one. We have sold a half dozen in two weeks.

It's great the pistol movement and Sig brace are getting so much traction.

All these new "SBR's" and no huge increase in crime rate just proves that taxing and regulating SBR's is pointless.

I bet the ATF spends 10x the money in enforcement/processing/overhead as they make from the tax stamp (that goes to the treasury anyway)

Us govies have a way of wasting colossal amounts of money to collect what is relative to pennies on the dollar.

It's great the pistol movement and Sig brace are getting so much traction.

All these new "SBR's" and no huge increase in crime rate just proves that taxing and regulating SBR's is pointless.

I bet the ATF spends 10x the money in enforcement/processing/overhead as they make from the tax stamp (that goes to the treasury anyway)

Us govies have a way of wasting colossal amounts of money to collect what is relative to pennies on the dollar.

Ain't it the truth....

And having spoken to ATF agents about this, it appears they are in complete agreement that it's a complete waste of their time. People keep asking if the Sig brace is too good to be true. If we make it work too well, like with the Odin buffer tube, is the ATF going to change their mind and ban them. But the reality is, they have bigger fish to fry. Their plate is way too full to be screwing around with pistol stocks or whether a law abiding citizen has his tax stamp with him at the range when he's shooting his suppressed rifle.

If the ATF had their way, suppressors and SBRs would be taken off the NFA list altogether and they could get them out of their hair. But if I understand it correctly, that would take an act of Congress. And I'll be damned if I can recall any Congressional body accomplishing anything of worth in the last decade.

That's exactly what I was going to say. I've been spying those LPR's for quite sometime. A company over on ar15.com has them in stock, right now, for 2200.00 which is a killer price for them. Not only do you get the Krieger barrel but KAC stopped making them, so I'm sure they will have a great collector's value as well.

Who??? Need a name or a link....