• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dare I say this...

They wont sound as good as my current home system. Bass cabinets are 7 'x 32"high x 34' deep and 106 db efficient, I had the Magnapan 20.1's and never cared for them.

s-l1600.jpg
All nice and all but even top end speakers cant (to me) match the clarity, attack, and soundstage of a LCD-2F, and that’s just directly from a iphone, not a top headphone amp. Oh sure speakers can have more physical impact, but to me fall short most of the time in one way or another.
Sweet set up you have tho. i dont have room for something like that lol. Altec? Western electric? Magnapans require one hell of a beefy amp to wake them up. Hell I always joked they needed a tube amp with thyratrons to “shine”.

All nice and all but even top end speakers cant (to me) match the clarity, attack, and soundstage of a LCD-2F, and that’s just directly from a iphone, not a top headphone amp. Oh sure speakers can have more physical impact, but to me fall short most of the time in one way or another.
Sweet set up you have tho. i dont have room for something like that lol. Altec? Western electric? Magnapans require one hell of a beefy amp to wake them up. Hell I always joked they needed a tube amp with thyratrons to “shine”.
The bass cabs are reproduction RCA theater cabinets and the top horns are repro Altec 1505's. Driven with a pair of heavily modded Altec 1570 amps (165 watts b per channel triode.) Ive heard good phones and honestly, until you hear something like this you cant really know.

Reactions: Aries256
The bass cabs are reproduction RCA theater cabinets and the top horns are repro Altec 1505's. Driven with a pair of heavily modded Altec 1570 amps (165 watts b per channel triode.) Ive heard good phones and honestly, until you hear something like this you cant really know.
Niiiice niiiice