• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Dark Angel Medical Training

egarabedian

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2010
Fresno, CA
Anyone have experience with Dark Angel Medical training classes? I'm trying to take one but seems I'll have to travel for it as I don't believe they have any classes on the docket for CA this year.

Looking for a general overview of what's covered. Any info is appreciated.

Or if you know of any other companies doing training in CA that would be great too.

Dark Angel Medical is outstanding, both for kits and training.
I count Kerry as a personal friend, having take a number of classes from him, in fact, it was Kerry's classes that spurred my interest and career in emergency medicine. He offers what amounts to an EMT course in 2 days and if you take careful notes, or follow his handouts, you'll end up with skills that will last a lifetime, and could very conceivably save someone's life.

He offers both static classroom training, which is hands on, as well as live fire, and training and treatment under simunitions (Sims).
Plus his med kits are outstanding, everything you need, and nothing you don't for the life saving skills.

Run, don't walk to sign up for his classes.

In addition, you can earn up to 20 CEU (Continuing Education Units) for EMS practitioners.

Attachments

• IMG_4495.jpg
    IMG_4495.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4497.jpg
    IMG_4497.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4500.jpg
    IMG_4500.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 267AB83A-1F32-4F96-9ED1-F44CACA20A90.jpeg
    267AB83A-1F32-4F96-9ED1-F44CACA20A90.jpeg
    365.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Reactions: CanonSterVA
thanks @Monk Medic ...you actually reminded me of a question of mine re: what educational materials do we leave with in terms of handouts, etc from their training courses. I got an email from someone at Dark Angel and they told me the requirements for hosting a class so that's an option as well.

thanks @Monk Medic ...you actually reminded me of a question of mine re: what educational materials do we leave with in terms of handouts, etc from their training courses. I got an email from someone at Dark Angel and they told me the requirements for hosting a class so that's an option as well.

Great question!
I've taken the course several times, mostly at SIG Sauer Academy, but once outside.
You leave with a nice spiral bound book, which is in essence Kerry's Powerpoint presentation, with a notes field off to the right.

You'll have the opportunity to take plenty of notes, especially as your learn and work with the med gear.
And that is one of the coolest things, the class is about 50/50 didactic and skills practice. You'll get to work with wound simulators, packing GSW with hemastatic gauze, trying various bandages, tourniquets (TQ), airway adjuncts, what vital signs mean, the various stages of shock and injury, how to quickly triage a patient, it's like a mini EMT/Medic class rolled into two days.

I always come away with as many of my own notes as I do with material in the book. I'm a big fan of keeping a training log and notebook for every training that I do. So, the short answer is, you'll have plenty of take home materials, see photos below.

I'd love to host a class here in Maine, with the things that have been in the news lately, there is a real need for getting people trained up in this knowledge and skill set. And it's applicable across all areas of life, not just on the range, medical emergencies happen everywhere, every day. I've found it so fascinating, that I made it a second career.

Attachments

• IMG_4495.jpg
    IMG_4495.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4497.jpg
    IMG_4497.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4498.jpg
    IMG_4498.jpg
    457.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4499.jpg
    IMG_4499.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4507.jpg
    IMG_4507.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 36
@Monk Medic Sold. Thank you for the detailed info. It just got bumped up on my priority list. Really appreciate all the info.

I'm not a salesman for Dark Angel ;-) but I can tell you that after suffering through a lot of boring medial training, Kerry's stuff rocks!
Plus, you leave empowered to save a life. And you're much more likely to use your med training that your firearm to do so.

Left me know how you like it!

Are you looking in California only? I have been lucky enough to attend this course and learned a lot. I have been a Medic since 1991 and been in the FD since 1995, and there was tons of information to learn here. Very professional and knowledgeable staff.
https://www.tacticalmedicine.com

Reactions: Monk Medic
Tack 425 Unfortunately Ca only. I have some family issues that currently hinder me going out of state for training or would have probably done it before when they were in AZ. I'll take a look at your suggestion.

Thread is a little dated, but wanted to add a very firm positive review for Dark Angel. Great, intensive, 2-day course with a ton of material. Both my wife and I took the class in NJ and we can't say enough good things about it. Great take home books as mentioned above.

Reactions: Monk Medic
Thanks for the update...looking for a class like this I think...will try to take q12019

*Jedi Mind Trick*

Come to southern Utah or at the least Vegas.

Have actually been looking for something like this. Seems everything is basically a day's drive away from me for some reason.

He had something on their about hosting your on...may contact them and get some info. I don’t think you could host it in a house or but you may work with the a range and see what they canndo