• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Dark Tower... Anyone else excited about it?

Slash0311

Snafubar
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    Southwest Indiana
    Seeing how things seem quite here lately, I'll bring up the Dark Tower.

I've been waiting for the movie ever since they mentioned it. I've read all the books but there's a ton of bazzar stuff in them. They had better make the movie right.

Come on Friday!!

How the hell will Roland and Eddie be themselves when Roland is black?
    Who plays Odetta?
    The cast will screw with the story...
    A seven book story turned into 3 hours of cinema. I dunno

How the hell will Roland and Eddie be themselves when Roland is black?
    Who plays Odetta?
    The cast will screw with the story...
    A seven book story turned into 3 hours of cinema. I dunno

I have similar doubts. Maybe this can turn out to be a good movie as long as one doesn't expect it to be too much like the books.

I saw it last night. Good movie!

If you've read the books think of the movie starting where the last book stopped with Roland starting over on the quest.

This movie showed Jake and Roland meeting up. Eddie and Suzanna/Odetta were not in the movie. But MANY of the book elements were there. The glass spheres (can't remember what the called them) the Vampires, the kids being used against the tower, and tons of smaller references.

Some of the story line was a little different from the books but nothing critical.

The movie and story line were good and worth seeing.

I never heard of it until the movie came out, but I'm way more interested in the books if they live up to the hype.

I saw it last night. Good movie!

If you've read the books think of the movie starting where the last book stopped with Roland starting over on the quest.

This movie showed Jake and Roland meeting up. Eddie and Suzanna/Odetta were not in the movie. But MANY of the book elements were there. The glass spheres (can't remember what the called them) the Vampires, the kids being used against the tower, and tons of smaller references.

Some of the story line was a little different from the books but nothing critical.

The movie and story line were good and worth seeing.

Well, tanks fer nuttin!!
    I never got to read the last book.
    Reading them all over again.
    Spoiler....

Well, tanks fer nuttin!!
    I never got to read the last book.
    Reading them all over again.
    Spoiler....

I was trying not to give anything away for the movie. The movie can be stand alone. There is enough difference between the the books and movie that you don't need to have read them to enjoy the movie. That was the cool part. The movie is totally different so having read the books don't give it away either.

Just messing with you Slash.
    After reading what you posted about where the movie picks up, it makes me wonder that maybe I did read the last book...
    Seems familiar, but it was a long time ago

I'm going back to reread them too. There was a lot from the movie that I can't say was or wasn't in the books. I hope to have them all read by the time it comes out on DVD.