• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DashCam video of Challenger Jet Crash I-75 Florida

I haven‘t been following this incident, and at work, so no time to do real research (just post in the Bear Pit, LoL)… Any info coming out yet re: likely cause?

Any fatalities?

I haven‘t been following this incident, and at work, so no time to do real research (just post in the Bear Pit, LoL)… Any info coming out yet re: likely cause?

Any fatalities?
Pilot and co-pilot dead. The three passengers survived.

I only know the cool, calm, collected pilot was heading toward the Naples airport with some problem, got clearance, but then reported he lost BOTH engines, then said he wasn't gonna make it to the airport.

Last edited:
That almost coulda gone really well had the pilot been able to line up with the runway, i mean freeway. I think the engines failed at about 2000 agl from some other breakdown vids ive seen.

A dual engine failure seems extraordinarily unlikely.

Reactions: KYAggie and 101st
Amazing that anyone survived. The fuselage is somewhat intact but God damn.
1000002106.jpg
1000002107.png

Really hood youtube channel. Ex Airforce fighter pilot turned commercial 777 pilot. Also ton of private flying in various airframes.

Those guys did a hell of a job.

i flew with a buddy of mine on his jet back last year, i was co-pilot. being in that cockpit, there is basically no room to go, no protection, no crumple zones like a car, nothing.

Hopefully they were unconscious instantly and didnt suffer.

Reactions: Stevo86 and 101st
There’s a picture floating around of a pickup truck this jet landed on. No word on the occupants. Its dang flat though.

There’s a picture floating around of a pickup truck this jet landed on. No word on the occupants. Its dang flat though.
I read 2 cars/vehicles were struck. 1 seriously injured and all others in vehicles more or less unscathed.

I live in about 8 miles from the impact, the truck driver was alone and is lucky to be alive, 3 were in an SUV that was grazed and all walked away uninjured for the most part. The flight attendant was a well trained young woman who was able to open the door and they all escaped unscathed. My friend who is a pilot and aviation mechanic suspects it was possibly Jet A fuel contamination but time will tell. The Captain did an amazing job trying to land that airplane falling like a lead balloon, they died gallantly and 7 people miraculously survived. RIP to the pilots.

It is going to be fuel something. Wrong fuel, fuel valves in wrong position, etc.

That almost coulda gone really well had the pilot been able to line up with the runway, i mean freeway. I think the engines failed at about 2000 agl from some other breakdown vids ive seen.

A dual engine failure seems extraordinarily unlikely.
Fuel is often the common point of failure. Either none or misfueled.

Looks like enough fuel for a decent fire. My thoughts are wrong fuel or fuel contamination. Dual engine failures are very rare.

Reactions: 91Eunozs