• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Data Book, best for civilian use??

xmattedgex

Private
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2014
I need to pick up a data book. I'd really like to get one from 1moa solutions. The owner is a super cool guy and it's a Texas company, plus, it's a super nice book. One thing I did notice about it is that it does have quite a few pages that will be totally useless for me as a civilian. As much as i'd like to get that book, I also want to make sure I get something that suits me. And maybe that book will, anyone have input for me? Go with that book? Get something better suited for civilian use?

I don't think you can get a purchased book that will not have pages you don't use.
They all have too much.

Think the other way around. Get the book that does have the pages you will use.

Impact Data will let you build the book as you want it. They do include a set of reference pages a lot of them are useful. Perhaps like you I thought to myself "what am I ever going to need a range card for?" and there I was earlier this month drawing a range card and it was extremely helpful for what I was doing.

Check out Impact the only problem you will have is that the choice will boggle your mind.

I grabbed an Impact Data book and customized it for my type of shooting I love it. it's convenient and I populated it with right as rain paper because I like shooting in inclement weather often. It comes with ballistic data pages and the rest you can just add yourself. PMclaine of Harvard Sportsmans club?

as added praise for Impact.....

I ordered my third one Friday last week, arrived yesterday. They ship fast.

My third book, ridiculous. I really need to stop buying rifles.

Make sure you use one of their promo codes if you buy.

Yet another for Impact Data.
As stated you can pick and choose the pages you want from an extensive selection.

I'm in a similar boat. I've been using one from Storm Tactical for my 5.56. It's a good book, but half or so is never going to be used as it doesn't fit what I shoot.
Looking at Impact, there are so many options for the modular, what would be good to start with? I'm fairly new to long range, and am still punching bull targets at the range and trying to solidify my basics. After the first of the year, I'll be moving to a private range where I can use whatever targets I want and will have additional terrain to contend with / learn about.

I'm in a similar boat. I've been using one from Storm Tactical for my 5.56. It's a good book, but half or so is never going to be used as it doesn't fit what I shoot.
Looking at Impact, there are so many options for the modular, what would be good to start with? I'm fairly new to long range, and am still punching bull targets at the range and trying to solidify my basics. After the first of the year, I'll be moving to a private range where I can use whatever targets I want and will have additional terrain to contend with / learn about.

Give Tony a call or contact him here at the Hide. His screen name is NOMAD.

Getting exactly the pages you need and not a bunch of stuff you don't is the best part of the Impact Data Books modular book. Tony knew that and that's why he was the first in the industry to do that.

Reactions: abizdafuzz
Big thanks to all our great customers and everyone for purchasing our products. We take great pride in getting each and every one of you the book you need in order to make the most of your shooting sessions.

As you all know we work hard to continue to grow and expand our product line to stay on the cutting edge of the shooting sports.

RomingnomeTX I would suggest you start off with one of our premade books. This book will have all your tables, charts, and reference material as well as it is packed full of the most commonly found targets on ranges circles, squares, silhouettes ect. You then can come back one you move onto the private range and then you can add the corresponding pages to accurately record the data for those targets.

If you need any other help please feel free to call or drop me a PM.

Reactions: abizdafuzz
Listen to Tony/NOMAD. I went with his advice and it helped a lot. He was fast answering my questions and going with the premade book is the right direction if you are starting off new like me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad to be able to help!!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get up to the date monthly promos!