• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

data book?

Re: data book?

I currently have a Storm Tactical and it fits my current needs.
Impact Data books are looking very good and will probably be my next move.

I know our owner, Mike, uses Storm Tactical Data Books. They give you a cd-rom so you can print out the targets that are inside of the book. They give you plenty of sheets to write up your dope. Provides round count, wind drift, ranging info and more (all the basics).

See Storm Tactical Data Books On Our Site

Storm_Tactical___4b27eb9f76024.jpg

Mason @ CST

Check out Impact Data Books www.impactdatabooks.com They have a modular form where you can order the pages you want and need for the targets you shoot and not pages that someone else thinks you need. A really good concept.

medicman,

If you are going to be at SHOT, I can show you our different books. We have the standard coil type, as well as two modular versions where you can order them the way you want them (the targets and other pages you want), either in heavy index card paper 3 ring binder, or Rite in Rain paper in a mini 6 ring binder version.

We will also have a stack of donation books at the American Sniper's Table at SHOT, and some other goodies for a donation to AS, all proceeds will go right to them. If you want to get into a basic book at a good price that one will get you started.

All our books come with a 19 page user manual to show you how to get the most performance out of the book. There are also 20 printable targets on the CDROM that match the targets in the book.

We have some stocking dealers where I encourage you to shop.

Tony's (Impact) books are also excellent, you couldn't go wrong with either product!

Mark

Our 3 ring binder
book7.jpg

book5.jpg

Our 6 ring mini binder, Rite in Rain book with optional cordura cover, pen, extra notebook
cover3.jpg

4web.jpg

Some of of our Replacement Pages:
sample_pages.jpg

One of our Coil Bound Style Books:
sh_book.jpg

I have a Storm and also Impact.

They are both excellent products. If you can take a look at both it will help your decision.

One of the big things that is pulling me towards the Impact books are their "cold bore" tracking form. I really like the ability to have multiple cold bore shots from different days on one sheet. It's easier to see variances, problems, etc.

Whichever book you choose I HIGHLY suggest you get the "modular" version. There will be pages you use and pages you don't. The modular books allow you to junk pages you don't and replace them with pages you do. They also allow you to consolidate your used pages in chronological order. This is something that would be a bit of trouble with the spiral bound book I have been using.

And of course you will want a cover to keep your book nice and tidy, contain ink sticks and hold your Mildot Master.

http://www.8541tactical.com/products.php
wink.gif

If you are anywhere near Southern Indiana hollar at me and I can let you thumb through the Impact and Storm I have and see what you think.

LoneWolf

+1 on the Cordura Data Book Covers, pretty mandatory piece of gear!

We have both styles of Cold Bore, with a variety of targets. Here is a sample of the CB format with separate boxes. I am starting to like this one too, as it keeps the CB/CCB completely separate and compartmentalized. This one below uses diamond targets, which I really like personally, because the reticle seems to center up very intuitively with a diamond. We also of course have them in the Circle and Square Targets.

Impact Books also has a real nice Cold Bore Page.

There is also a school of thought that says CB page is not needed. But if the customer wants a product, we will get it done for them.

The Modular system is great, like you said, the shooter can organize the book and order the replacement pages he is actually using.

CB_sample.jpg

Whichever book any of you guys choose, if you need printable targets, just let me know. These are calibrated for MOA and MILS at Yard and Meter Ranges.

Time to get back to work........

target17_4.jpg

Ive used both the MSDB from US Tactical and the Storm Tactical one.

While both are great, the Storm gets my vote. I like the layout. I like the page designs. I love being able to simply shoot him a PM if I want to talk to him.

Bonus: the Storm's CD is worth it's weight in gold. It saves a ton of money in the long run by being able to print out your own targets on regular old copy paper. (Saves even more money if you do it at the office
laugh.gif
) And, they are good targets, not some cheesey boring 10 ring. I cant remember exactly how many are on there, but you wont get bored. Theres plenty of targets to choose from.

I'm using 2 Storm Tactical Data Books and you won't be sorry.

Class act Mark (Storm Tactical) mentioning Impact.

Medicman84 you cant go wrong with either book. Mark and I our friends and both offer good books pick the one that will fit your needs and wants and go with it. You wont offend either of us in your choice. Either one will give you the best book for your money.

We offer over 100 downloadable data book pages on our site that will help cover anything you may ever want to shoot at for targets and those downloads are FREE even if you dont order or use our book.

As for ease of contact anyone knows you can reach me here about shooting and data book questions and I will answer your questions along with the fact that you can fill out a contact form on our website and get a answer back in less then 12 hrs.

Our modular design books offer over 250 different data collection pages and we will soon be over 300 page types next week.

We offer the most flexability and options when it comes to doing a custom design data book as well.

S-CIR-2.jpg

SNC-3-2.jpg

H-FV45L-2.jpg

These are just a few of the hundreds of pages you can find offered by Impact Data Books

Happy Holidays

I have the impact modular book, and it's way more advanced than I really need but it's a nice book. I had thought about going way over the top and getting the "write-in-rain" type, but realistically it's highly unlikely that i'll be shooting in the rain with my databook out. If I am shooting in the rain, i'd likely take the easy-up out with me to keep me dry.

Branden

Thank you for all the kind words from the guys using our books.

Our goal plan and simple was to give the most flexable,durable and advanced book of tables charts and formulas ever offered in a data book.

Keep your eyes out their are alot of new subsets and information pages and layouts that will be added to our site throughout 2010.

Keep up with us on facebook or twitter.

Here are a few pics of our binders.

pk8.jpg

pk6.jpg

i like storm tacticals books alot it will be soon for me to order a couple more from them and there pretty reasonable to

I like Storm Tactical for a military style book. I also have a custom Storm Tactical ELR book that I really, really like for 1000-plus.

I like the Impact data books for range work and comps. The Impact books have a very useful cold-bore section, and that's what I record weekly in my book anyway. Impact also has great chrono sheets and comm log sheets, which I find extremely useful.

Just wanted to say thanks to all for the information. My department just lost one of our snipers to a tragic accident (we went to school together and were team members for four years). With this loss I decided to get back on the team and will be responsible for outfitting the complete SWS that was destroyed in the accident.

This posting has helped me narrow my data log decision to two (I have always used USTS and that was what the team always used), which will be a struggle since they both look great. Also, thanks to Storm and Impact with your help to Snipers abroad…I know the guys in my unit appreciated it along with many others out there.

Thanks,
Nathan

Nathan PM sent!!

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, and team mate.

Best wishes
Tony

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As for ease of contact anyone knows you can reach me here about shooting and data book questions and I will answer your questions along with the fact that you can fill out a contact form on our website and get a answer back in less then 12 hrs. </div></div>

I've had some of the best CS I've ever experienced with any products with NOMAD and Impact Data Books. Long phone conversations, bullet recommendations, training recommendations, friendly chats as well as tips and things to try at the range.

You cannot go wrong with Impact Data Books.

Nomad and Lonewolf,

Got the logs and covers in and must say they were better than what I expected. Thanks for all your help and the damn good products! My agency is pleased and finally implemented some policy in regards to the logs.

Thanks Again,
Nathan

Good deal glad you like them and we are happy to help support the shooters out there getting them what they need.

Happy Shooting

i just got the pocket impact modular. nomad helped a great deal as i really dont have a clue what i would need. i picked out a few sections to match the targets i have, plus the know your limits, 5 shot rapid bolt drill and 21 dot drill along with a few others that sounded like good skill challenges. i went with a cover from nick at grand? river tactical, simply because i caught a special he was having. not to say either cover is any better, it was just on sale so i took a shot. http://www.grtgear.com/ he makes other things as well as covers for both makers of data books.

anyone know how to order the binder only like the Impact or another site that sells only the binder. I would like to get a series of the binders for our custom manuals so they can fit into current data book covers. we have developed specific manuals and I really like the binders on the impact books.

Get ahold of Tony at Impact. I am sure he can help you out.

Ordered another Impact Log last Thursday afternoon. It arrived Monday at lunch.

Great product and customer service!

Thanks Tony,

Nathan

Glad we can help out. We want to give shooters what they need and we usually 99.99% of the time have what you need and it ships the next day as long as.

Keep your eyes open because we are always adding to our line and if you need anything please contact and we will be more then happy to work with you to get you what you need.