• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Daughters First Turkey

Avgjoe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2007
MO, USA
Yesterday was the opening day of youth turkey season here in MO. I was blessed to spend the day in the woods with my oldest daughter. She scored her first turkey. I don't know who enjoyed it more, what a blast.

a25841e7-571f-4572-be9c-9ca88c751538_zps3f301b8a.jpg

4110aad4-e761-4e69-9afa-50dc97aea7b3_zpse6364c73.jpg

Mike

Awesome and congratulations to the young lady. How was the action because I know it warmed up but it was pretty windy. Were the gobbling much?

Some gobbling on the roost, almost none the rest of the morning. Hens were still in larger groups. Did not see a single lone hen. I think they will be in full swing in By the 15th. It seems like the last couple of years it has been nearly over before season begins.

Mike

That's awesome. My daughter got her first turkey this weekend too. Sunday was a perfect day to be in the woods around here.

Congrats to you both! What a great bonding experience.

Congrats. I remember every turkey killed with my children vividly, from jakes to studs. Memories like that are priceless!