• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Dawg 1- Cop 0

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Looks like a really viscious dog, there officer.

<iframe src="http://videos.rawstory.com/video/California-cop-shoot-self-while/player?layout=&read_more=1" width="416" height="321" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

I will say this: My GS is the most loving, easy going dog as long as me or my wife are around. If he and the kids are outside and someone pulls into the driveway, he's not so nice and easy going.

You almost get the feeling that someone would like to do something about the dog anyway in order to salvage a shred of dignity.

"Precious," oh, yeah, that's vicious-sounding alright.

I worked for 25 years in a job requiring me to go to the houses of strangers, convicts, and other people I didn't know. I was NEVER bitten or attacked by a pit bull, german shepherd, rotweiller, Doberman, or anything "manly" like that...probably because I'm a dog lover. The only times I was ever bitten, it was by a little granny type ankle biter that couldn't have weighed more than 10 pounds.

I'm not saying dog attacks on officers don't happen. I do think that many more dogs are shot or killed than is necessary. Pepper spray has a much wider cone than a bullet, and if a dog is attacking, it's mouth and eyes are open. That makes it incredibly vulnerable to pepper spray as all that mucous rich tissue is totally exposed. The poor dogs that I have seen get pepper sprayed run off howling in agony, but at least they live.

My experience mirrors Unknowns. They are a protective breed and probably that dog is the best babysitter the kids could wish for. You have to understand and respect the fact that a protective breed will challenge you when you encroach on HIS property.

I worked for 25 years in a job requiring me to go to the houses of strangers, convicts, and other people I didn't know. I was NEVER bitten or attacked by a pit bull, german shepherd, rotweiller, Doberman, or anything "manly" like that...probably because I'm a dog lover. The only times I was ever bitten, it was by a little granny type ankle biter that couldn't have weighed more than 10 pounds.

Same here.
    I've never been bitten by a large dog, only little ones.
    I think that is because large breeds telegraph their mood and intentions very well.
    Little dogs are unpredictable, neurotic psychos.

well in the officers defense it was a ''pitbull'' known throughout the world as viscious dogs. what a crock of sh!t. being that i visited germany a couple of months ago, there the pitbull is prized as a show dog, i was told of the amounts they will pay for the right looking structure and stance. i went specifically to buy a few german shepherds, the 2 baddest dogs i saw while there were both rotties! 1 of which was the largest/ most intimidating dog i've met to date! this coming from someone who decoys quite a bit, sport, working k9's, and real protection dogs. it seems like others believe, many dogs are shot for no reason at all, most on their own property, until they hold officers accountable for their actions it will continue.

regards Import

Shot at the dog. But shot himself in the leg. How? Was the dog hanging off his thigh? No wonder he works in the paper pushing dept. Bet it will be a while before he gets to serve papers on anyone again.

Shot at the dog. But shot himself in the leg. How? Was the dog hanging off his thigh? No wonder he works in the paper pushing dept. Bet it will be a while before he gets to serve papers on anyone again.

So, do we move this one to the "OAF" pile?

Finally some proper poetic justice... try to kill someone's pet and wind up shooting your own jackbooted leg HA!
    But my guess is it was a Glock he shot himself with.. And this is why I prefer DA/SA with a manual safety.

It was evidently a self defense move by the good officer. I mean someone has to address this rampant leg humping. Or maybe attempted leg humping with intent. The only way this event makes sense.

When he gets back to work they should give him a wooden gun until he learns to properly handle one. What kind of a douche tries to kill your dog when he comes into it's yard. He could have got the attention of the home owner or kids and asked them politely to please put the dog in the house before he went in the yard. Amazingly stupid person.

Other than cop bashing and a general attempt at stirring shit between LEO and non LEO is there any other reason for this thread?

Edited to say I am not LEO. Just calling it like I see it.

There's a difference between some satire illustrating a legitimate social issue i.e. the militarization of the domestic police force and cop bashing. Some people take it too far but most of the LEOs I know tend to have developed at least an outward sense of humor and can gracefully handle a couple friendly jokes at their expense.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Other than cop bashing and a general attempt at stirring shit between LEO and non LEO is there any other reason for this thread?

Edited to say I am not LEO. Just calling it like I see it.[/QUOTE

I saw it more as laughing at an idiot, being an idiot, who shot himself, and just happened to be wearing a uniform. Not unlike the video which has been posted here on many occasions, of the guy who shoots himself in the foot, and dances around yelling "I cant believe I shot my self". This one just happened to be in blue. Thank goodness he missed the poor dog.

Edited to say I am not LEO. Just calling it like I see it.[/QUOTE

I saw it more as laughing at an idiot, being an idiot, who shot himself, and just happened to be wearing a uniform. Not unlike the video which has been posted here on many occasions, of the guy who shoots himself in the foot, and dances around yelling "I cant believe I shot my self". This one just happened to be in blue. Thank goodness he missed the poor dog.

Look at 1:25 of this video....<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
    <div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=560678084039976" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=560678084039976">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/ActiveSelfProtection">Active Self Protection</a>.</div></div>