• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns Dawson Precision 1911s

i have two sti 2011's (double stack 1911) with dawson's supertune package (different than their crp package which is just bolt on parts). supertune is trigger job and reliability work, and some replaced parts. their 9mm sti eagle which i've had for i think 5+ years now has been just about 100% perfect through a bunch of 2 & 3 gun matches, falling steel, some idpa, etc. just bought a 9mm supertuned edge from them.

They do good work. Lot of guys do now though, make sure to price it out. Enos Forum has a lot more details.

I completely agree that if you're in the market for a competition STI/2011 that the Enos Forum is probably where you want to be doing your research.

That said the quality of the standard off the shelf STI DVC's has come a long way in the last 5 years or so.

Lastly if you're going to be shooting competition pistol a lot, the value of a good pistol gunsmith local to you shouldn't be dismissed.

There are still some old guys that have some 1911 colts Dave reworked 20 years ago. Those pistols were phenomenal. Anyone in the Leander/Georgetown area know what I’m talking about.