• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Day Four... Lunch!

GasLight

That Guy
Banned !
Minuteman
Well, I got to work on time today, a minute early but I figure that counts as 8:00 sharp. Had to help load first thing, but no big deal, at least I wasn't pushing the witch stick around today. After we loaded up I was on the road for deliveries. Not in the shit house, so it was a good day. Nothing major to report, at least without incriminating myself. But, what I did come across today I figured I would ask here for some great advice. When lunch time came around, I see most guys in the break room were eating sandwiches. They must be packing them in some kind of lunchbox or pail. So, now I am going to start bringing sandwiches for lunch, and I need to get something that looks cool, but doesn't stand out too much. I was thinking of a Stanley lunchbox with thermos on top, but it is damn near $100, and I don't really drink much coffee!! I haven't had a chance to see what the other guys are using, and I don't want to be the douchebag that bring a brown paper bag if everyone is using something cooler. Any input from those of you in the know would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, and what socks are you guys wearing under your boots?

US Ammo can of the small kind, seals tight and is tuff as hell. Used one for years and if you don't like OD Green paint it.

Id recommend a tin lunchbox with some super hero motif, the 50s and 60s retro ones are very hot these days. I wear under armour socks on my feet cause they are very trendy, make sure you tell the fellas that you are wearing under armor socks, they will be jeleous and may invite you to the cool guy table. I wear a second pair of socks over my boots to protect my boots since they are air jordan deserts with ripple soles, plus the boot cover socks are handy if you have a few extra minutes on lunchbreak you can use one as a spanksock.

Plastic grocery bag is all I've used for the last few years, but I just work through lunch no formal sit down and eat just keep on trucking. It also makes for a good trash sack. People know I'm a bad motherfucker when I come up holding my grocery sack too.

I just knew we were in for a treat today! Another job update. I was going to recommend a plastic lunch pail with Hello Kitty on it. I think that would really seal the deal for you, Gaslight and earn you the recognition you so richly deserve.
I also have to agree with VJJ about the socks, only I think that possibly four pairs would be more in order, plus, you should always have a spare pair just in case one pair gets soiled or wet somehow....Maybe a Hello Kitty pair in the lunch box would be best???

190.jpg

Why not jump in your car and go out for lunch. Stop at the first liquor store, grab a 40oz, go get a quick burger and go back. Make sure you bust the bottle in the company parking lot to show them who's who.

Bio Hazard bag.

They are easy to get while your hanging out in the exam room waiting for the doc to check out your chanker. Dump out the pointy stuff and your good to go. People stay out of your lunch too.

Obviously, it sounds like a pretty shady place you work. So you might need to worry about your co-workers stealing your lunch sack, so I'd recommend getting something like a good pelican case and putting at least 3 TSA approved locks on it, each with different combinations, and or keys. Want to be absolutely sure no-one can steal your fruit-roll-up.

Why not jump in your car and go out for lunch. Stop at the first liquor store, grab a 40oz, go get a quick burger and go back. Make sure you bust the bottle in the company parking lot to show them who's who.

Um yeah, I drive for a living, there is no way I'm going to jeapordize that by drinking on the job, pretty sure that kind of thing not only loses you your current job but probably goes on the permanent record.

I do appreciate the serious suggestion for the ammo can, I'm going to grab one when I can find one. I am thinking it will be so cool other guys might start to bring them for lunch too!!

Obviously Hello Kitty is for girls. What you want is a Scooby Do or Spiderman lunchbox. Make sure you write your name on a piece of masking tape and stick that to the side. Could be other cool coworkers with the same box. Hey 168bthp gave me a great idea. I'm gonna send my 3rd grader to school with a Rat Patrol lunchbox and see what kind of shit I can stir up with the front office and teacher. Oh, by the way, why wear expensive socks to work and have the guys say you are an uppity yuppie? Go barefoot and build up those callouses for beach sandal season.

Hell, burn one down while you're at it.

You could come up here and eat a lunch prepared by the prisoners like some of the other staff do.. I myself bring my cool guy lunch pail covered in shooting and racing stickers...

Gaslight, I really hope you are not from Montana. Always show up 15 min early. Always work hard. I will never hire you. Were do you work? What does the truck look like that you drive? I will try to avoid it when I am in the area. I am simply amazed someone would post this stuff.

Gaslight, I really hope you are not from Montana. Always show up 15 min early. Always work hard. I will never hire you. Were do you work? What does the truck look like that you drive? I will try to avoid it when I am in the area. I am simply amazed someone would post this stuff.

Damn. Some people need to lighten up.

And GL, just so you strike the right combined tone of masculine and team player, I'd suggest the somewhat rare but worthwhile Gomer Pyle "bukkake" edition:

1dINSa6.jpg

:D

prepper food tastes like dookie. I can hardly eat sandwiches normally, but I'm going to sacrifice and eat them to fit in. I have been stopping in at a local burger dive the last few days and getting fries, bacon cheeseburger and a milkshake, but almost everyone else is eating sandwiches in the breakroom. Almost feels like grade school all over again, sandwich, a soda, a candy bar of some sort, and a piece of fruit. I'm going to forgo the fruit, but I will eat some sandwiches. I am going to line out an ammo can asap.

Id recommend a tin lunchbox with some super hero motif, the 50s and 60s retro ones are very hot these days. I wear under armour socks on my feet cause they are very trendy, make sure you tell the fellas that you are wearing under armor socks, they will be jeleous and may invite you to the cool guy table. I wear a second pair of socks over my boots to protect my boots since they are air jordan deserts with ripple soles, plus the boot cover socks are handy if you have a few extra minutes on lunchbreak you can use one as a spanksock.

I was going to say use that iron man lunch box that you stole from the little kid down the street while on lunch.

find a cordless drill case as a lunch box. In your thermos, keep Jack n Coke...don't be a pussy, no one likes a pussy.

You're probably better off finding a place that keeps beer in the fridge or has a bar inside...an office with a bar is a fun place to work.

Hell yes it's real!!! Why would you think otherwise.
Help Gasser out with some ideas as to how to rev up his new boss and co-workers.

First off, why the fuck are you buying your own lunch? 4 days in and the Corporate Overlords aren't providing meals? Give me the address and the Rat Patrol truck will be en route. Shooting radiators, cutting tires. Old School Teamster shit. Stuff that would give Hoffa a chubby in his grave.

Bag lunches? Little "Break" rooms? Fuck that noise. You tell them when YOU are hungry and there had better be some hot sammiches and a fucking cheese fountain. Yeah I said cheese fountain.

Dude you have such an interesting life! forget social media, I think I just come here and check out everyone's lives. Can someone else tell me about their day at work?

Yeah, I been sitting on my ass in Charlotte, NC waiting for my company to offer me a load. Been here since Thursday last week, finally going to load in Newnan, GA next Tuesday. I am not getting paid for this down time, and my reloading and shooting paraphernalia is all in PA at home. Needless to say, having a hard time finding any sympathy for Gaslight in his abusive work situation. I am entertained in a macawber sort of way though by his antics.

Yeah, I been sitting on my ass in Charlotte, NC waiting for my company to offer me a load. Been here since Thursday last week, finally going to load in Newnan, GA next Tuesday. I am not getting paid for this down time, and my reloading and shooting paraphernalia is all in PA at home. Needless to say, having a hard time finding any sympathy for Gaslight in his abusive work situation. I am entertained in a macawber sort of way though by his antics.

Your pulling for the wrong people if you've been waiting for that long for a load........... Hook to a food grade tanker and never look back. took me a few years to figure that out myself. Anybody can pull a cracker box. Tankers are the way to go. Trust me.

Your pulling for the wrong people if you've been waiting for that long for a load........... Hook to a food grade tanker and never look back. took me a few years to figure that out myself. Anybody can pull a cracker box. Tankers are the way to go. Trust me.

Yeah, but not everyone wants a 32,000 pound Truck to pull their freight. I am pulling a little trailer now, 82,500 pounds Empty. I have pulled trailers that I weighed 125,000 pounds Empty. I routinely pull about 195,000 gross now, but spent three years pulling 290,000 pounds gross, much of it in the mountains of PA, MD, WV. I know, some would argue that those are nothing compared to the Rockies, but I have driven in both, and while the Rockies have mountain passes that are much longer and higher than any over here, Ours can be much more dangerous as they change so rapidly in grade and have in many cases much sharper turns where you don't want them.

When I was on a crew, I used a flat top sixpack cooler, like a Coleman or Igloo. A dry ice pack will keep it cool in summer, and they were tough enough to sit on. Not as cool as my Daniel Boone lunchbox that I had as a kid! Can't wait for day 5! Lightman