• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Day / Night Digital Scope 20 MOA base question

Raynesdad97

Private
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2018
Do any of you digital scope experts know if the scopes have the same mounting requirements as normal scopes for long range shooting. Basically, do they need a 20 MOA base for shooting 500-1000 yards or does programming negate that need?

I cant speak to all digital scopes, but the ones I'm aware establish zero like most other optics and go from there.

I cant speak to all digital scopes, but the ones I'm aware establish zero like most other optics and go from there.
Right. I am wanting to know if I need a 20 MOA base or not for long range shooting. I'm not going to zero it, then determine if I need 20 MOA or not.

I see what you're saying.

I would think if it's a digital optic where you turn the turret like with the Revic or Veracity PH, the 20 moa would contribute to additional travel.

In a scope like the Eliminator where the hold is displayed, it may not matter. I'm not sure if that optic will also allow you to dial.

I see what you're saying.

I would think if it's a digital optic where you turn the turret like with the Revic or Veracity PH, the 20 moa would contribute to additional travel.

In a scope like the Eliminator where the hold is displayed, it may not matter. I'm not sure if that optic will also allow you to dial.
I ordered an Arken Zulus HD520R. It does display the hold. The US version comes with a 0 MOA base. The UK version comes with a 35 MOA base, which i'm assuming is because it is being used on air rifles there. I guess thats one drawback of "newish" technology. There isn't a ton of data available yet.

I ordered an Arken Zulus HD520R. It does display the hold. The US version comes with a 0 MOA base. The UK version comes with a 35 MOA base, which i'm assuming is because it is being used on air rifles there. I guess thats one drawback of "newish" technology. There isn't a ton of data available yet.
Yeh, that's tough to say. Might have to put in a call to Arken.

Honestly the only thing slowing the development of these scopes down is technology limitations from states for hunting usage. I guarantee you there are companies developing this tech for the military. They are going to be far more common going forward.