• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Day Two.. I think these fuckers are trying to kill me

Don't know where to start. The problem dip shit has reminds me of a guy I replaced on a contract a few years ago. Some dumb ass was texting while on the job. Being young, he was given another chance and told that he doesn't get paid to text, he gets paid to map. So what does this genius do...still get on his phone texting family and friends. The next time, he was fired. Retard had the "it's only a few minutes" mentality like brain child here.

Gas...Sounds like you're bitching because you think you can show up when you want? Gas, get your lazy ass out of bed earlier and show up to work on time. Maybe a fewer 40's the prior evening. BTW, on-time is 15-20 minutes early...the time it takes to get your coffee, take a piss/crap, get to your station etc. and ready to be productive....no, you don't get paid for prep time.

As to the comment about working for free...Absolutely, do it, unless you only want to be a clock puncher. That's the stuff that stands out to those that make the decisions on who to cut when the time comes. I can't tell you how many jobs I've done for free, time I've given away...10's of thousand of dollars lost. Well, not lost but delayed. By doing so, I got the contracts or kept my contract going when others were let go or even got recommendations when others wouldn't be mentioned. It's just the cost of doing business...called professional courtesy.

I'm reminded of my recent contract position...I got paid to sit on my ass, literally. They had no work for 3 months last year but because of my background/skills/work ethic, they paid me to not look for other work. All I had to do was show up to the office. All because of my work ethic...yes, they got free time, non reported expenses etc. but that few thousand dollar investment gave me another 30K in invoicing.

Last edited: