• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision DBAL-D2 Rocks!

Asm1

Night walker
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2008
RBC / Gadsden AL.
asm-holsters.com
Please Contact me for the Purchase and Priceing we have Preorders comeing in soon and I orderd extra and are First come on my list. No deposit
Dealers we can help you with small orders or please contact the Link for large wholesale of Many Fine Products and One hell of a company to do buisness with!
http://www.summitnightvision.com/dbal-d2-ir-illuminator-laser.html

Lots of pretty poser pics and manufacturer published specs already floating around so here is the real skinny IN MY HANDS...

DBAL-D2

I have been testing the DBAL-D2 and I am now ready to share my PERSONAL opinion. I sell the D2 and if you think that makes me biased then you don't know ASM1 very well yet.

I tested some of the first LDI class1 lasers in the past and they did not perform to the standards I thought they should and were never approved or offered by me until the issue was resolved!

First class1 low power was 50 meter max and washed out under very little light whether IR or ambient, not to mention the battery drain issues. The marketing machines approved them, not serious NV users. However, they were great for CQB lasers and did not bloom, but that was not what they were built for. They would have been the perfect power for a pistol laser.

The class1 Issue is now fixed by LDI directly from customers complaints; if you have a Older IR class one that has a battery drain or low output LDI is ready to make it right just contact them and they will work you through the system and check your ser# to see if yours is an older class1 with the problems.

Now....for the NEW CLASS1 DBAL-D2

D2 has .7Mw Aimer/Pointer Using the Neutral Density Filter on the .7Mw is perfect for close quaters and out to 100 yards it takes away the Bloom. It is still visible with the NDF and the Illuminator on LOW go Full .7Mw when needed.

Without The NDF Anything inside 50 yards will have bloom but is still useable, outside 50 yards its still bright and will bloom some targets to 100 yards. The NDF will allow the user better control of the pointer for aiming. Our D2 will come with the calibrated NDF standard and we are the <span style="text-decoration: underline">ONLY</span> dealer with NDF on ours at this Time.

I can target with the D2 in one or many of the settings out to 300 yards, farther may be doable, but that's the limit of my weapons zero for point blank and kill zone I used for testing the D2.

Illuminator has 600+Mw LED power, now LED is not LASER so its takes more power to get it up to speed, but the D2 is better than the MIL versions. I can light up 600 yard targets with ease it's really that good.

The illuminator is twice the size of MIL versions, I used to have a IR LED surefire to use as a flood and it's no longer needed with the D2 at full width focus. The D2 Illuminator beam is crisp and defined ON THE WHOLE RANGE OF SETTINGS. It does have a Saturn ring on the tight focus, no issue with it getting dust or water on the lens, it does not drive the illuminator crazy like the laser illuminators will. There is a faint red glow when looking directly at the illuminator, but if something sees that its dead anyway, right?

Low Illuminator is strong and usable a lot more than the MIL models low eye safe setting. High illuminator outperforms the MIL models for my use and I am sure yours as well, the IR illuminator and Pointer are the same wave length but LASER/LED are different source and the IR pointer stands out much better against the illuminator than the MIL model that uses the same wave length Lasers.

The IR illuminator head is knurled and easy to adjust with the support side thumb. While using the system to target I can adjust the beams while in the ready to shoot positions and on the move without coming off the weapon for focus adjustment. LDI's proprietary mount is a great mount and returns to zero .5 MOA or better and is rail abrasive free. Not that I mind the little Larue marks, their mounts work great too.

Pressure pad is nothing new and works like any other. The production model D2 will have a double tap on setting and it will stay on during the adjustments of the knob settings. The fire control button is easy for the thumb of right handed shooters support hand thumb to operate it with ease if the pressure pad wasn't used or failed.

Visible laser is nothing new here LO/HI settings, Red or Green visible laser. Pick your poison, Green is visible in daylight much farther than red. I have the red one here and will shoot it out with the green when it gets here and let you know what I think.

The Height of the D2 is just in the field of view using a Eotech EXPS3-2 with factory built lever mount. BUIS sights clear the LDI and back up is no problem, I use my irons all the time to Check my eotech for zero and then the laser against the Eotech. TRIPLE check your zeros against each other!

I put it through some testing some time now and it has not lost zero or had any short falls, it's BUILT LIKE A TANK! I find only two things I would like To see: Finger adjustments and a Low IR Pointer setting. The ones coming will have more fluting and rounded edges than the Pre-production D2 in my pictures. I have more pictures I will add when I get them sorted for long range users.

The bottom line is the D2 <span style="text-decoration: underline">performs</span> and <span style="text-decoration: underline">ASM approves it for your purchase and satisfaction</span> with our NDF included. That being said, this thing is the bomb guys, we have needed this for a long time and I am glad to help bring this to you.

Thanks to the investors that had this built by LDI, my hat's off to you.

Thanks for the orders fellas,I just can't thank you enough.
blush.gif

Re: DBAL-D2 Rocks!

Here are a few Picks I have Better picks when I get them ready I will update the Thread.
LOTS of Power here!
<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">D2
IR pointer 30 yards 3x lens</span>
d2021.jpg

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">
D2
IR pointer/Low Illuminator (focus down) 30 yards 3x lens</span>
d2012v.jpg

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">D2
IR pointer/low Illumniantor (focus down)30 yards </span>

d2013.jpg

D2
<span style="font-size: 17pt">10 FEET .7 Mw </span>

d27and200200film003.jpg

<span style="font-size: 17pt">ASM D2 WITH NDF </span>

d27and200200film002.jpg

<span style="font-size: 17pt">30 feet .7Mw</span>

d27and200200film004.jpg

<span style="font-size: 17pt"> ASM D2 WITH NDF </span>
d27and200200film005.jpg

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">Hi Ill focus wide/IR Pointer without NDF</span>
d2014p.jpg

d2005.jpg

d2003.jpg

imagelms.jpg

imageciq.jpg

imageqjg.jpg

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">DO I LOOK LIKE I AM KIDDING YOU?</span>
imagetfa.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AVENGEUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice pics, that laser is pretty nice, definitely beats the mil version... there is a youtube vid out there which does a comparison to the current mil unit </div></div>

Thanks there Just snap shots. We have the Agency access to compare side By side showing the facts with Results. I have Taken so many Picks that It is taking allot of Time to separate them and label all them.

Great pics! You duck hunting with that Blkout?
grin.gif

Any info on the LDI SPIR (Special Purpose IR Illuminator)?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Thanks to the investors that had this build by LDI hats off to you</div></div>

+1!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wes1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great pics! You duck hunting with that Blkout?
grin.gif

Any info on the LDI SPIR (Special Purpose IR Illuminator)? </div></div>

ASM1 is Beaver Hunting you silly Rabbit
grin.gif

SPIR Looks promising extra 123 will help run time for LR shooters we use the Ill more when going for the Long pass.

about 300 yards from this swamp is the Mountain strange place,But I love it.THIS IS ME HAPPY YEA ALL SMILES!.. in this shit for 8 hours daylight is here and I am Ready to Go waiting on pick up. We snapped some picks while waiting.We never really have time or think to take the Good picks because we are users not posers.

d2007.jpg

Thats why you allways put me on Point
smirk.gif
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhuskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ewe one fugly mo-fo :) </div></div>

HHHMMM I think I could Dig Up a Grumpy Pick somehwere.
grin.gif

Where did I put them Picks?

<span style="font-size: 20pt">Your Glamor shots portrait came in they used your best side</span>
imagetyd.jpg

How about some "long range" illuminator pics thru the new 4x scope?

100 yards to building D2 Open NDF full .7Mw urban Eria Full moon, trees behind building 200 yards 4x PMII ILLumination H25 piggy L3 PVS14 M890WS DF2 tube with GAIN..
Pointer is at the 5mil mark in the Picks.

d2pmiipvs14200yards002.jpg

6-7x PMII Illumintion ILL H25 Piggy L3 pvs14 M890WS DF2 Tube with GAIN 120 yards no ILL or Pointer dark Urban eria.
d2pmiipvs14200yards007.jpg

Same but with DBAL-D2 Hi ILL with Pointer NDF Open .7wW
d2pmiipvs14200yards006.jpg

Rain drops in the View,Hi D2 Illumination PMII H25 4X bad focus.

d2pmiipvs14200yards003.jpg

<span style="font-size: 20pt">I have More picks I will be posting soon. wes1 The 4X Predation is In Texas being tested with other devices you will be hearing about soon.</span>

Other devices.......hmmm

I put in a Good word up stairs maybe it will help speed these up, Right...

Little more Info to add still useing the hell out of this and another T&E tester so far is agreeing with our thoughts on the current range and use They are going Long pass as well and we will bumo heads again and see what theres Vs ours test outcome is for 400 and on..

Out to 400 yards with Head mounted NV and Scan with 3x lens I am very happy with the DBAL-D2 the Illumination side is strong the .7mW laser is perfect with the NDF for Precision Fire.I did light up the mountain and it works way the hell out there!

we will take it to 600 yards with 6x optics Tomorrow Night when My Super Friend gets here and will test the D2 against Mil kit. Will test the Illumination for Bore alignment and see how she looks threw a scope with dope Dialed in AT 600 YARDS.

all I want it does so I am most pleased
smile.gif
!, I kill the most things 250 and in so I have More power than I need with the D2.

I know some want this for 600+ and I will let you know tomorrow how that works with Bore ALIGNMENT I know the Illumination will gets there already.

No Battery Drain and constant use it kills a battery in a 1.5-2 hours, But thats not real world I wouldnt ever run one that long in Real use killing stuff. On off On fwwwap...
grin.gif

Starlight conditions in the country cold clear Night.

DBAL-D2 Illuminator is slightly Brighter when focus to the same size as LEO/mil Unit AT 300-400 YARDS but not by allot. At father distance 800 to 1025 yards the LEO/MIL unit has an advantage over the DBAL-D2 But its usable at these extended ranges that are beyond manufactures range of operation.

DBAL-D2 pointer is Brighter Than needed Without Our NDF at .7Mw Visible to 800 yards+ in star light. We could make little use of the.7mW pointer at 50-300 yards the Bloom(used.85 to .99 Halo tubes)was covering whole targets Our NDF calibrated it to the proper brightness when in use for starlight perfectly.we where making Precision shots from 50 to 170 yard's useing pvs14's head mounted

We did get the 300WIN ready for 605 yards with 3.5 mil dope and .5MOA test group in the fading light it was ready and we set it to the side and prepared for the walk about checking weapons Zero and getting our gear on. head mounted Pvs14'S After 4+ hours doing this the COLD and WIND was killing us No feeling in our hands and we could not feel pressure pads or any mechanism that adjust anything on our equipment. we where using so Taking poser picks where the last Thing on my Mind. We decided to Warm up and get the F411 out of there.

So after deep cold snap here we didn't do the bore Alignment with the Illumination at 3.5 mil at 605 yards test. But while mounted on the AR-300 BLACKOUT I did pay attention to the Illuminator at 600+ yards with the IR pointer in the middle zeroed at 50/200 yards and If I dialed in 3.5 Mil it would still be within the narrowest beam the Illuminator cans go down to I think it will still Illuminated the whole field of view in an optic on as low a 4x I will test this ASAP and results to follow.

At this Time I can say without a doubt with the unit in my hand that (I was reassured is the same .7Mw and Illuminator as the production model) that you will have more than you need to exceed the capable range useing head mounted NV.

LR shooters Keep posted..

DBAL-D2 is AWESOME! It keeps Impressing me every Time I Use it.

DBAL-D2 left side mount mcree chassis Clip on mount.
5x25x56 pmII on 5x

In the Country and DAM DARK OUT TONIGHT. Long range NV shooters the D2 is Fine without the ajustable zero Illuminator like the mil units use.

DBAL-D2 OFF 588 yards
imagenaz.jpg

DBAL-D2 POINTER Our custom NDF off the Pointer 588 yards

imageeruk.jpg

Our Custom NDF on the Pointer 588 yards
imagetwg.jpg

LOW Illuminator
imageyhf.jpg

Hi Illuminator with Pointer Our Custom NDF off
imagexiwo.jpg

ASM Night Vision Mini Mono 1to1 with Pointer No Custom NDF 588 to plate

imageoci.jpg

Mini Mono 1to1 with Hi Illumintaor

imageqck.jpg

910 YARDS POINTER Custom NDF OFF

imagefqh.jpg

910 yards POINTER with Hi ILLUMINATOR Custome NDF off.

imagejsns.jpg

As anyone can clearly see there is no freaking way this thing is underpowerd and with ASM night Vision Custom NDF neutral density Filter you can have more usable D2.

We truly Use this stuff I am a User just like You and sales is not as important as you being happy knowing I have shown you real world facts from a user for a user. I will also Fight to get you the best NV for the best Price Good old Boys only apply.

We will have one of the First shipment of DBAL-D2 coming Our presale was very large thanks !

Guys I had the opportunity to get out with Frankie and the "super friend" this weekend and observe the comparison between the D2 and the mil unit. All I can sayid the D2 truly rocks. As Frankie pointed out the DBAL hangs with the mil unit performance until you reach the really long ranges. I have to say it truly exceeded my expectations for a class 1 unit.

My only complaint is the bloom that the laser produces but this is easy to over come with the ASM1 NDF. The DBAL D2 is an awesome unit!

It was a blast ringing steel with the DBAL D2 and PVS 14's. I was very cold but a lot of fun. Big thanks to Frankie for letting me tag along.

Guys Frankie's customer service is awesome, he truly makes every effort to ensure you are a happy customer!

Mike

Mike

First thank you for the kind words and allowing us to serve you! My hands are still Numb
eek.gif
I couldn't feel the pressure pad on the DBAL or the Nob that DAM cold,PAIN is worse as we get Older.
frown.gif
We where amazed at your talent with a weapon and your long range wind reading ability is amazing to say the least :)You where spanking steel Like a pro some are just Born with it! We are blessed to have a Private range with varying terrain and with steel targets to train and test Equipment 10 minutes away 24/7. Most don't know about Our range that goes out to 1050 yards and we are glad to allow our customers access with there new gear and the 411 on how to use it or you can shoot at 1000 yards using yours or our Precision weapons and have a good Time.

Update. I wont give a date when these will be ready, The gang is buisy and me calling to bug them is just not going to make anything go faster, I promise they are doing all they can as fast as they can . I have been using the hell out of the DBAL-D2's and its so AWSOME ! It is an amazing Unit,we are happy to be involved. The wait will be worth it the delays are for good reason. We are at the Tip of the spear. I have a LARGE order in and I will have some extra units.

I would like to say thanks to everyone that was Involved to bring this to be! I cant tell you enough about how good you all did here, WOW an Understatement!

coyote002.jpg

coyote003.jpg