• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DBM system for Rem LA 30/06

wildhog

Private
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2008
Montana
I'm certain many of you have built Tactical rifles in 30/06 configuration using a DBM system. The available H.S. Precision DBM is not acceptable. The major builders supply a DBM for 308 and 300WM . I'm thinking a modified 300WM Badger M5, Will it work ? Is there a better option ? I'm working with a Mac A5 & Rem LA. What say you ? JIM

Re: DBM system for Rem LA 30/06

I make a nice Rem 700 LA, it uses AI-AW 300 Win mag mags. You can adjust them for 30-06 rounds easily. Here's a couple of pics I had hosted., they come black hardcoat anodized, (I don't have any pics hosted at the moment of black ones).

REM-700-LA5.JPG

REM-700-LA4.JPG

Brownells (and others probably) sell a tool for adjusting AI magazine feed lips. Get one, it's awesome. All you have to do is adjust the lips of the win mag version magazine and it will run .30-06 without issue.

CDI & Badger both make a nice DBM, and surgeon also has some nice ones available... all AICS compatible. If you don't want to modify your stock, VBull makes a system that will drop-in to a BDL bottom metal inlet, and uses AICS mags... only the LA drops in, the short action one does not. The Vbull is nice, but it is squareish and looks different than normal, if such things matter to you.

Thank you one and all,, That was just to easy, Been thinking to much I guess, making shit complicated. JIM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [email protected]</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kwik clip sold by Cabelas makes a version for long action 30-06 </div></div>

The only downside is that they are only 3.315" internally. I have one and was disappointed to find out the short COL allowed since my LR load runs 3.405"

Otherwise, it's very well built adn I like it quite a bit.