• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DD AR Trigger Pins... Please Help!!

btorrey

Southpaw Shooter
Minuteman
May 14, 2020
Northern Colorado
Alright Hide... I need some help. I have a Daniel Defense DDM4V7. Not the pro, just the standard. 16in barrel and standard trigger. I am having issues with the trigger pins walking out during a course of fire. I have tried re setting them back in. I have tried putting them in the opposite way than previous. Right now I have anti walk trigger pins, but i want to take them out. One shouldn't have to run anti walk pins, and I'd like to go back to the oem parts. Please help!! If anyone has some insight as to what is causing this and how to fix it, please let me know. Like I said, I want to be able to put the original pins back in, I just cant have a catastrophic failure while running the gun.

From my experience, I've seen the trigger pin walks several times because the hammer spring was installed backward. So, check your hammer spring for proper installation.

If your hammer spring is backward, the hammer spring is not putting enough tension on the trigger pin, which allow the trigger pin to walk. Also, eventually you'll get light strike.

The only other reason your trigger pin would walk was because of oversized pin hole. I wouldn't think DD would have poor quality control to let something like that passed.

Check your hammer spring.

Last edited:
Reactions: btorrey
As stated above, make sure the hammer spring is mounted properly-and the legs lay on top of the trigger pin. Also, and just to make sure, "nobody" has bent the hammer spring legs to lessen pull weight?

1200 × 1516

1594901827550.png

It’s a possibility that the pin holes are oversized. I am not familiar with DD warranty but if it’s still under warranty, it may be beneficial to submit it and see what they say.

From my experience, I've seen the trigger pin walks several times because the hammer spring was installed backward. So, check your hammer spring for proper installation.

If your hammer spring is backward, the hammer spring is not putting enough tension on the trigger pin, which allow the trigger pin to walk. Also, eventually you'll get light strike.

The only other reason your trigger pin would walk was because of oversized pin hole. I wouldn't think DD would have poor quality control to let something like that passed.

Check your hammer spring.

Thank you, I will take a look at that for sure. i could see myself overlooking that little detail for sure.

It’s a possibility that the pin holes are oversized. I am not familiar with DD warranty but if it’s still under warranty, it may be beneficial to submit it and see what they say.

I will double check on the pin hole size but i'm pretty sure they're standard. It is still under warranty, but its my duty rifle, and cant be without it for an extended period of time.