• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dead Air Sierra 5

I’ve got one of these on order, very excited to get my hands on it in 6 months

If this is going to live on one gun it’s whole life is there a reason to not direct thread this on?

IMO the only reason NOT to direct thread a can is because you are pin and welding a 13.9/14.5" barrel to avoid an SBR. I have three of those guns and I've been using a KeyMo to swap a suppressor around on their pinned brakes. It is a good system but it does add weight and length. The Xeno could be an option for you if you're afraid of the suppressor backing off threads. But I struggle with mounts like the Xeno. They just seem like a reinvention of direct threading. I direct thread a Dominus on a 16" AR. It works well and is lighter than my 13.9" rifle.

An interesting idea for your situation would be to thread the p&w hole on the dt adapter and drill into your barrel threads just a touch. Then use a removable set screw like an easily reversible p&w. That would keep your suppressor from walking off if it was a concern and take a scosh more time to take the suppressor off in those rare times you did remove it for cleaning or whatnot
Just fire a few rounds to get it warm then tighten down hard by hand. They dont come back off especially after some carbon build. Had to heat mine with a torch to break it loose last time.

Pulled the trigger on a Sierra 5 yesterday even though I really wanted the HUXWRX Flow 556 which will likely outperform the Sierra 5 in noise and back pressure. The difference in price is formidable however and the HUXWRX doesn't appear to have a muzzle device for 5/8-24. Wasn't in stock either.

I ordered a custom fluted 16" 223 barrel with 5/8-24 threads which meant for now, the Flow is a no-go. It's a shame as I already have HUXWRX muzzle brakes on both the 12.5 piston upper and the 16" DI upper. Xeno seems to be about the same type of mount as the HUXWRX mounts and I'm very happy with them. I went with Xeno and ordered an extra flash hider in 5/8-24.

Was a bit concerned about the blown baffles but it appears it's a very small number of the total produced thus far.

I held one in my LGS (xeno) and it was crazy light. Looks awesome and I’d love to get one someday.

Me too! Signed the paperwork today and I'll likely see it in about a year with the way things seem to be going. I have two more in timeout that'll be at about 210 days come the 15th of December.