• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater deadwood.

mjsemtex

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2008
nj meadowlands.
a bit late but, i just started watching this on dvd from netflix... never realized what i was missing.

the first season played out like a shakespearean drama. excellent writing, so many great quotes. great characters,

Re: deadwood.

When you are done with Deadwood, check out Rome.

I liked this on HBO, too bad costs cut the series short, the last 5-6 episodes were really stuffed with plot ends/changes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you are done with Deadwood, check out Rome. </div></div>
Both are extraordinary. They're amazingly well scripted and there's not a weak acting performance in either of them, not even from the lowliest of extras.

There's been at least four (and possibly five) Deadwood alumni on Sons of Anarchy.

The reason they drop so many F-bombs, BTW, is that they originally scripted it with authentic but quaint-sounding Victorian-era profanities. Screening audiences were laughing at the odd-sounding swear words, which was not the impact they wanted. The profanities were supposed to punch up the dialogue, not cause laughter, so they switched to contemporary cussing.

Some guy has a website with the cuss count per episode. Deadwood drops the F-bomb 1.56 times PER MINUTE minute for thirty-six episodes.

But I actually prefer Rome because it's got better nekkidness.
blush.gif

EDIT:
Timothy Olyphant, the deputy US Marshall in the new FX channel series, Justified, also was Deadwood's sheriff in the HBO series. It's essentially the same character except the bug hasn't crawled quite as far up Deputy Givens' ass ...yet.

I can't believe they ended up cancelling it. That Al was one bad mother, you don't F with him!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elkslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't believe they ended up cancelling it. That Al was one bad mother, you don't F with him! </div></div>

while Al seems to be a bad-ass in the first season, it's amazing that when Cy turns up he quickly became the one i really hate. at least Swearengen seems to have some good in him. Cy Tolliver just sickens me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elkslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...That Al was one bad mother, you don't F with him! </div></div>
I found it interesting how his character evolved. During the first season, he was just this malicious thug. By the third season, you realize he's quite a deep thinker and the glue that holds the camp together. <span style="text-decoration: underline">And</span> malicious thug.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">San Francisco cocksucker! </div></div>
About half-war through the second season, it occurred to me that Mr. Wu had heard that term so commonly in reference to other men that he'd come to think it was a proper noun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">San Francisco cocksucker! </div></div>
I too cant believe they cancelled both of those series....

LMAO. I never missed a singel episode. Godammit, I loved that show! And the Wu/Swearengen episode "One cocksuker?" Wu: "TWO COCKSUKER" has become our favorite trip down memory lane in camp! OUTSTANDING acting, plots, music, the whole niner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SAMURAIWARRIOR23</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">San Francisco cocksucker! </div></div>
I too cant believe they cancelled both of those series.... </div></div>
They didn't <span style="font-style: italic">cancel</span> Rome, they <span style="font-style: italic">finished</span> it. In the last three minutes, they tied up every loose end and capped it with a surprise finish. Greatest ending to a series I've ever seen.

I didnt have HBO but a friend recommended Deadwood so my wife and I got it from netflix.Watched every one in like 2 weeks. I found myself going home check the mail to see if the next DVD came in the mail. Depressed when I was done with the last one. WIsh they hadnt cut it. Lots of good shoot em up and plenty of F bombs. Hoople heads and cocksuckers!!!!

'Don't I yearn for the days when a draw across the throat made fucking resolution.'

- Al Swearengen