• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dear Larry

Midway has always been phenomenal with my orders. Takes 2-3 days std ground to PA via UPS. Stay the fuck away from free shipping or anything to do with USPS. Remember they are still looking for 14 million votes they lost although I think they are in a warehouse in Philadelphia! I always pick UPS and pay less than $1 more. Anything they have shipped that was an item on an order of multiple items the back ordered items ship USPS and is either lost or takes 3+ weeks. Mail innovations sucks!

Today UPS wrapped my delivery in plastic bag due to rain today. Enough said

Midway sells the regular quality CCI primers for $75/1000. Graf’s dealer price is $45 which indicates Larry has a 60% margin which is twice the margin a gun shop would get. Of course, Larry likely pays what Graf pays, so his margin is more than 60%. Raising your margin during times of scarcity is a poor business strategy because your customers notice.

While I'm not one to crow or cry about vendors, I have gotten very careful about ordering from Midway. Some things are way jacked up in price.

Midway USA

Midway.PNG

Midsouth
Midsouth.PNG

That's not a small difference. Guess where I went to buy an Hornady AP to replace the ancient Hornady Projector that is getting worn out (I'm the third owner and I have no idea how old it is ...).

I used to use Midway almost exclusively. Now I shop around and check it's price competitive first. Their shipping is first rate, but not worth $400 more.

It's the same with everything, pays to shop around. Business's need to make money and they often choose different things to make that money on. I find it's easy enough to comparison shop when I'm looking for a specific item and I don't hold it against any particular retailer if they are not the cheapest. Just as likely they might be on the next item. Well, except for Cheaper than Dirt 😁

Reactions: slowworm
Well we don't know what the op was looking at that got him riled up. The only thing that seems to be in short supply is primers and powder. And even powder has been starting to come up more frequently. To condemn Midway for a commodity that is very short on supply and very long on demand seems harsh. Now if there is someone that is significantly cheaper than Midway across a broad spectrum of items please share.
How about powder valley for starters, and midsouth..

Midway has always been phenomenal with my orders. Takes 2-3 days std ground to PA via UPS. Stay the fuck away from free shipping or anything to do with USPS. Remember they are still looking for 14 million votes they lost although I think they are in a warehouse in Philadelphia! I always pick UPS and pay less than $1 more. Anything they have shipped that was an item on an order of multiple items the back ordered items ship USPS and is either lost or takes 3+ weeks. Mail innovations sucks!

Today UPS wrapped my delivery in plastic bag due to rain today. Enough said
UPS is just as bad. Go Fedex.

Larry has also donated a metric shitton of money to support the 2nd amendment and shooting sports Wayne's wardrobe. Let's see you put your money where your cocksucker is and pony up to support the cause!
FIFY

Reactions: Holliday
I see a lot of NRA's hate on the hide. Just out of curiosity what organization has done more for 2a than they have. I don't see any other organization going to court to fight bullshit laws. What other organization triggers more libtards? Are they not what they used to be? Sure. But that does not negate what they have accomplished.

Reactions: Downtown
I see a lot of NRA's hate on the hide. Just out of curiosity what organization has done more for 2a than they have. I don't see any other organization going to court to fight bullshit laws. What other organization triggers more libtards? Are they not what they used to be? Sure. But that does not negate what they have accomplished.
Yep and I was one of their biggest fans. That doesn’t excuse Wayne’s squandering of our money and making gun owners look like a bunch of knuckle-dragging nimrods as of late. He is pathetic and needs to go yesterday. His clinging to power and money is dragging the NRA into the abyss..... #WayneNeedsToGo

One of the main reasons I use midway is fast shipping. They are only a few hours from me, but if I order by 5, I'll generally have my stuff the next day. You have to use the ups ground option, not the cheapest if it's small stuff or it goes through the miserable usps sure post.
The "free" shipping at midway is bs with usps. Less than 400 miles from Columbia and I've had shipments take over a month to get here. Midway is the last resort for me and I only do business with them if I have to these days.
UPS is just as bad. Go Fedex.
Fedex ground sucks. All contracted bums that smell. Last 6 shipments..........1 damaged, other 5 late by 1 to 4 days from stated arrival dates. I've had much better luck with UPS. I'll even take usps over fedx ground.
Yep and I was one of their biggest fans. That doesn’t excuse Wayne’s squandering of our money and making gun owners look like a bunch of knuckle-dragging nimrods as of late. He is pathetic and needs to go yesterday. His clinging to power and money is dragging the NRA into the abyss..... #WayneNeedsToGo
Same here. Supported for decades until Wayne wanted to build a mansion for himself and allowed Grover Norquist to stay on the board of directors. Norquist is a muslim brotherhood supporter and a rabid anti-Trumper:

Wayne and his cronies also supported banning bump stocks, along with Trump. That was an eye opener for me with Trump..........the worst personnel manager I've seen. I'd still rather have Trump in office, but that was disappointing for me.

What was that saying about not one step back? NRA has become p.c. and too willing to compromise with .gov. I'd be more willing to donate to FPC than the NRA:

More balls than the NRA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark1954
i would rather deal with leisure suit larry and his janked coupons than optics planet...brownells, they used to be somebody...still will go brownells before larry, optics planet has been removed...300$ for lapua center x? fuk optics planet.

Not to stray too far - but FPC just scored a pretty good win in CA. They get my money since I'm no Wayne fan.

Larry still gets my cash when it's a good deal - capitalism, ho!

FPC for one - they just headed up that "overturn" of the Cali AWB

man midway has always been pretty competitive with their pricing but recently the prices on bullets have increased 30% while other sites have not. for example the 55gr vmax is $28.99 per hundred while midsouth is selling them for $21.49, thats a big difference. The speer 55 speer tnt just went up $2 a box this week. While it may be the manufacturer its odd that they are so much higher. Ive always been a fan of midway and love the lightning fast shipping I placed an order with midsouth this week.

I don’t hate the NRA just the executives because their compensation is too high. I’m a life member but I hate to see people’s hard earned donation money go to line Wayne’s pockets.
I won't give the NRA another dime untill Wayne has left the organization. When the NRA calls me in there time of great need begging for money I ask them of Wayne has stopped blowing 70 grand on suits and flying around in private jets, untill then u get nothing. They always say we will get back to you on that and hang up

I don’t hate the NRA just the executives because their compensation is too high. I’m a life member but I hate to see people’s hard earned donation money go to line Wayne’s pockets.
I'm a life member too and just got a letter with an offer of becoming an " endowment" life member. The upgrade is normally a grand but they were giving me the opportunity to get it for only 700. After reading what is going on in the nra on this site I threw it in the trash.

If you want to know the full story on what’s going on that you’ll never read in American Rifleman, check out this website.

We need Charlton Heston back... it was like Moses was with you.....

One of the things I’ll pay more for at Midway (to a point) is live inventory. During the last 6 months, if I get an alert, get there in time, and place an order, the item comes. At brownells, I’ve place four orders now only to get a cancellation notice because the online inventory is not the warehouse inventory. That SUCKS. So, I’m not happy about paying $75/1000 for primers, plus handling, but at least I know if I somehow win the alert lottery and get an order in, the primers are headed my way.

but also, fuck Wayne LP.

My big gripe about Midway, along with every other company who jacks their prices up is they get all high on the hog telling everyone how pro 2A they are while leaving literal millions of shooters hung out to dry.
I know "muh capitalism", and Yada Yada. I have no problem with them increasing sales prices to take advantage of demand and make an extra buck, but its getting stupid.
How many of you guys scoffing because you have a mountain of ammo/components are looking into the future of shooting sports. How are matches going to look in 2022 if this doesn't improve? I've introduced several new shooters to competition this year but I only have so much to give.
Someone's wife/mom/girlfriend wants a pistol for self protection, oh you bet, but good luck finding anything that isn't gold priced to put through it.
Midway to me, like so many other companies, cry alligator tears about how pro 2A they are because they donate money to the NRA; look where that's gotten us.
I know it's not much, but the thousand bucks or whatever I spend with Midway in the past every year will be spent with companies who aren't shills when times get lean.
The OP has every right to bitch and without being called out for being anti-capitalistic, as being able to bitch and tell a company to go F' themselves is also capitalism.

Reactions: rady and Jmkjr87
My big gripe about Midway, along with every other company who jacks their prices up is they get all high on the hog telling everyone how pro 2A they are while leaving literal millions of shooters hung out to dry.
I know "muh capitalism", and Yada Yada. I have no problem with them increasing sales prices to take advantage of demand and make an extra buck, but its getting stupid.
How many of you guys scoffing because you have a mountain of ammo/components are looking into the future of shooting sports. How are matches going to look in 2022 if this doesn't improve? I've introduced several new shooters to competition this year but I only have so much to give.
Someone's wife/mom/girlfriend wants a pistol for self protection, oh you bet, but good luck finding anything that isn't gold priced to put through it.
Midway to me, like so many other companies, cry alligator tears about how pro 2A they are because they donate money to the NRA; look where that's gotten us.
I know it's not much, but the thousand bucks or whatever I spend with Midway in the past every year will be spent with companies who aren't shills when times get lean.
The OP has every right to bitch and without being called out for being anti-capitalistic, as being able to bitch and tell a company to go F' themselves is also capitalism.
So riddle me this. Components cant stay in stock at current prices, but somehow they're leaving "literal millions of shooters hung out to dry"...? If availability is any indicator, prices are still too low.
Do you somehow think 2019 prices will keep components in stock longer????

Reactions: phlegethon
So riddle me this. Components cant stay in stock at current prices, but somehow they're leaving "literal millions of shooters hung out to dry"...? If availability is any indicator, prices are still too low.
Fuck midway. I purchased a atlas cal bipod last year and they jerked me around cuz "covid" it took almost 3 months to receive a in stock item. At the time they stopped answering the phone and live chat and only took email. It would go weeks with no response and they were blaming ups. I finally emailed the CEO and flipped and a week later I got new tracking info and it was on its way. Side note ups never received the first package. Larry blow me

Software that prevents bot buying would go a long way to component availability. Again, I don't expect them to sell at 2019 pricing, the only way we're going to see that is if there becomes a surplus, which probably won't happen at least through the Biden administration. Jacking prices up 25-50% because they can seems a little much. They were selling .223 match rounds for $2.30/round last week; that's probably like a 65% increase. They can jack the prices up however much they want, but capitalism works both ways.
On a different note, I have been seeing some component neutral matches pop up where companies are providing sponsorships to the match where the shooters have the opportunity to buy/replace the components they shoot in the match. Kudos to those companies and MD's. It's a very good model to keep matches above water.

Reactions: OREGUN and Jmkjr87
Software that prevents bot buying would go a long way to component availability. Again, I don't expect them to sell at 2019 pricing, the only way we're going to see that is if there becomes a surplus, which probably won't happen at least through the Biden administration. Jacking prices up 25-50% because they can seems a little much. They were selling .223 match rounds for $2.30/round last week; that's probably like a 65% increase. They can jack the prices up however much they want, but capitalism works both ways.
On a different note, I have been seeing some component neutral matches pop up where companies are providing sponsorships to the match where the shooters have the opportunity to buy/replace the components they shoot in the match. Kudos to those companies and MD's. It's a very good model to keep matches above water.
Are you familiar with the raw material price increases? (Spoiler, its more than 20% on several lines)

As someone commented, lower prices would not increase availability. Product is just snapped up by entrepreneurs (guys on Gunbroker) and eventually reaches "market" price. Basic economics.