• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DEBATE: Weaponlights (White) on SPRs, Yes or No?

Update from TPWD...

"Dear HLee,

I would recommend removing the light source from the rifle before hunting any game animals. It's best not to give the Game Wardens anything to question as to legality. The burden of proof would be on you to prove that you were not using the light and they most likely would give you a citation.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please respond to this email.

Have a nice day,

Texas Parks and Wildlife"

And, this is the reason that my rifles have historically not been equipped with a weapon light.

Reactions: msgriff
Yes or No?

I rarely see them on bolt guns. Do they have a place on your SPR? Why or why not? If so, have you used your weapon light? When? If not, have you encountered a situation where you needed one?

An extra .4lbs on the end of your rail…

What am I missing?
If you don't personally carry a flash light, I would say yes. If you need it, you need it.

Update from TPWD...

"Dear HLee,

I would recommend removing the light source from the rifle before hunting any game animals. It's best not to give the Game Wardens anything to question as to legality. The burden of proof would be on you to prove that you were not using the light and they most likely would give you a citation.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please respond to this email.

Have a nice day,

Texas Parks and Wildlife"

And, this is the reason that my rifles have historically not been equipped with a weapon light.

Yea, TPWD...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/8hDCdK5OFbCsQNdKIU" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

Reactions: LRRPF52 and Bakwa
Yes.

20230907_192659.jpg

Last edited: