• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Decent ($150-250) scope for a CZ 22LR 452?

Re: Decent ($150-250) scope for a CZ 22LR 452?

You could get into a Vortex for under $200 and you would never want to buy anything else.

I run a Mueller APV 4.5-14 on my .22 and it hasn't let me down. Its a hunting gun so it gets banged around and has never lost or changed zero. I also run a Crossfire 4-12 with fine crosshair on my .17. Same circumstances as my .22, it has never changed zero or let me down. I would say both scopes rate as "good" when it comes to glass, adjustments, clarity, etc.

Consider the Sightron SI 3-9x40.

But if you're willing to spend the extra cash you can't go wrong with a fixed SS...keep an eye on the samples list.

Id spring a little more for a mil/mil swfa ss or the weaver 3-10 mil/mil tactical GS from midway. Both are really good scopes for the $$.

A buddy of mine has a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 (not HS) on his 10/22 and it's great. Maybe a bit more money, but really nice.

We dialed it a bit and it returned to zero. Actually pretty good for spotting too when I was helping him make hits with his SPR at 940yds.

all this vortex talk, do they even make a scope under 200 bux that is NOT made in China ? i doubt it. Also the midway exclusive Weaver Tactical Grand Slam mil mil is a winner. $299 on sale if you wanna step up your budget 50 bux, i have had 2 of them and have one now on my weatherby vanguard. Not as much in the way of elevation for getting way out there with a 22 as say the bushnell elite 10x that midway sells , but the glass is fantastic and it's mil mil, need I say more ?

It's already been mentioned but the PFI scope is my favorite hands down. Teerific BDC style reticle to ~200 yds. [21 MOA], windage stadia points that are very useful. and very low profile tgt. style turret for all points beyond--

http://www.rapidreticle.com/Main/ScopeItem.aspx?ID=5&grpID=5

only issue i've seen so far with 4 of these i now have is the FFP reticle if you're not into them [i tolerate them for hunting purposes], and no turret revolution indicator, nor PA.

IMG_0726-1.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

Paying + 200 for a .22 scope is not a smart buy. 150 ish for a pro staff is all you need. I have one with the bdc retical on a fully built tac solutions 10/22 and it puts hole thru hole at 50. The bdc brings me almost out to 400 yrds spot on. Wouldn't change gear for nothing

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twisted .308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got in my Vortex Crossfire II 6-18x44 yesterday ....VERY Clear glass and pretty solid made for a $200 scope ! soon as rings get here I will do a box test </div></div>I don't know anythig about the Crossfire II, but my 1st scope was a Crossfire I and it was junk. It looked ok until I put it on high power and then it became unusable. I sent it back to Vortex and put the money towards the then unreleased PST. Hopefully the Crossfire II is better than the one I had. It was nice that I could put the money towards a PST, but I had to wait almost a year before it was released.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cwatson308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The bdc brings me almost out to 400 yrds spot on. Wouldn't change gear for nothing </div></div>

Really ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sscoyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's already been mentioned but the PFI scope is my favorite hands down. Teerific BDC style reticle to ~200 yds. [21 MOA], windage stadia points that are very useful. and very low profile tgt. style turret for all points beyond--

http://www.rapidreticle.com/Main/ScopeItem.aspx?ID=5&grpID=5

only issue i've seen so far with 4 of these i now have is the FFP reticle if you're not into them [i tolerate them for hunting purposes], and no turret revolution indicator, nor PA.

IMG_0726-1.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg
</div></div>

That just looks Russian / eastern bloc to me. LOL

Has anyone tried Burris? I have a Burris FF II 4.5 - 14 and it is really nice glass on my 452 varmint.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"for the price"

<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style="text-decoration: underline"> $1 - $100.00
</span> </span> </span>

Centerpoint 4-16 "Adventure class"

BSA "Sweet" series

Tasco mildot / target dot

<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style="text-decoration: underline"> $101.00 - $200.00
</span> </span> </span>

Bushnell Trophy / Legend / Banner (depends on model)

BSA 6-24 "Midway" tactical

Some of the Mueller line

<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style="text-decoration: underline"> $201.00 - $300.00
</span> </span> </span>

Some of Mueller line

Nikon prostaff (depends on model / options)

Bushnell Trophy / Legend / Banner (depends on model / options)

i believe vortex has a few that fit in those price ranges, they get great reviews, but i can't vouch for that as i have no personal experience with them.

of course it depends on what you need vs. what you want and what is available to meet your needs within the budget.
Thoughts on picking a scope for a rimfire.

believe it or not, and to my surprise, BSA "tactical scope" @ Midway for 150.00 & the centerpoint 4-16 offers @ walmart offers very acceptable clarity and user friendly options for the price and IMO the two that stands out in the cheap scope / low investment scope for .22 catagory.

barska is hit and miss, 1 scope will be decent, the next (same model) will be hideous. the leapers scope are very similiar to the centerpoints, pretty clear and usable for the $. don't bother with sightmark triple duty line.

with exception of the BSA 6-24 tactiacl at midway and the 4-14 FFP and the sweet series (for the money), the rest are not worth the money, even though cheap you may get only a year or two of use out of them before the adjustments are worn out.

i've worn out simmons .44 mag and pro series within 3 years

as mentioned by another poster, every "cheap scope" (other than my centerpoints) has broke or been worn out within a few years, but yet i still buy "cheap scopes". while i'm finally gravitating toward the buy once cry once crowd as in the long run it's a better pay off and am now a place in life where it i'm able to do so, it's sometimes not economically feasible to come up with enough scratch to get a "nice scope" but one that is good enough to hold you over until you can (which usually never happens anyway, as something more important comes up that drains the toys fund) so your back to square one.

i don't really see anything wrong with buying a "cheap scope" as long as it is one of those that are a "bang for the buck" type and not completely garbage, which is the topic at hand, and the research is done - at least it'll provide a few years of trigger time and that the purchaser is willing to accept that they may (probably) have to be doing the whole thing over in 3-4 years.

while price usually dictates quality, it shouldn't be the yardstick of what all scopes are measured, as then a 500.00 countersniper should be great.

i recently bought 2 other kinds of scopes in the 450.00 range that are considered good scopes by many, but neither could focus worth a shit and were sent back, the 70.00 walmart centerpoint blew them away in the clarity dept. so price = quality argument while usually the rule of thumb, isn't neccessarily the law, and unfortunately you usually have to go through alot of BS before you find something acceptable in the cheaper scope catagory.

an applicable topic:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3564441&page=2

so cheap scope vs. mid priced vs. higher priced scopes will remain the touchie hot topic till the end of time, there's no getting around it, and folks will get flamed to some extent for asking, it happens all too often here and everywhere else.

the challenge in finding a "decent cheap scope": if your cranking turrets all the time the cheaper stuff will wear out and lose zero, no doubt about it. if not cranking turrets and the scope seems clear enough to be acceptable for the amount paid, a cheaper scope will last longer, perhaps long enough that the purchaser can be satisfied with the amount they spent on the purchase. but again the purchaser has to accept up front they will probably be replacing it down the line, and not complain about it.

on the flip side, those who have been down that road before and now run "better stuff" now should offer the "buy once cry once" wisdom & experience, but also remember when they themselves couldn't plunk down 800.00 for a leopold. if there's no value added advice for those that are seeking advice on a acceptable-for-the-price "budget scope" questions that come across the forums then why bother posting. especially when those questions are presented in a non mall ninjaish style. at least add advice on the cheaper ones you have used (and used up) along the way to where you are at now.

though i do say to use the google search function too as many of the cheap scope threads are done over and over and over again, and most of the info is already there to help narrow things down a bit more.

</div></div>

the nail on the head....

i used a 75.00 centerpoint on my TC Benchmark R-55 for 2-3 years it was very good, shoy out to 200 yards on a calm say. was very good for the money,,,,

hell i seen where LR-WSM wont most consistent out at BSF on Fl with the same scope on a GAP 300 WSM

For those suggesting the Vortex Crossfire one word of caution: it is Vortex's Chinese made "budget" line. I am a HUGE fan of Vortex optics and own about 10 items including a set of Bino's. All are in their Viper line, one is a PST, and one is a Crossfire I. The only reason I have the Crossfire is because it was on clearance for $80 and was "good enough" for my intended application. It's okay, but I will not spend another penny on anything in the Crossfire line. Step up to either the Diamondback and preferably the Viper line of scopes. Both are assembled in the Philippines.

The best Value (and well kept secret) in the Viper line hands down is the 6-20x44 V-Plex Wide model made exclusively for Camerland NY retailing at $280.

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/vortex.pl?page=vortexviper6-20x44

If it EVER craps the bed Vortex has a 100% no BS warranty policy. Very hard to beat and Cameraland NY is a Hide sponsor and wonderful people to do business with.