• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Decent Barrel without months to wait?

B3dlam

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2012
Kodiak, AK
I am looking at building up a new bolt gun in 6.5 creedmoor I will likely be using a Badger action or something similar in quality I am looking for a barrel but I am noticing most of the quality manufacturers seems to have 6-8 month lead times I was curious if anyone know a reputable quality barrel maker that had shorter leads?

Re: Decent Barrel without months to wait?

the longer the leade the better the quality is, great barrels aren't made fast.
Place your order now and wait a bit. N shortcut really.
cheers.

Thanks a lot for the info guys a number of these sites have barrels that will likely work for me.

Sinclair intl usually has some Kriegers laying around too.

midway carries krieger barrels, i picked up a 6.5 SS match medium palma blank and had it at the gunsmith 4 days after ordering it.

Contact Bugholes on here or go to his web site Bugholes.com. He has a good selection of 6.5's in Brux right now. Brux are as good as any IMHO. Also Greg is great to deal with, smooth and fast transactions.

I order almost all my barrels from bugholes if I need it quick and I don't need a weird contour. If I want something in a special contour or twist I go Brux or Schneider. Both of them usually take 8 weeks.

I've got a pair of Obermeyer M40 contour 5R 6.5mm barrels that can finish up to 29" if you're interested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bugholes and move on.</div></div>

^^^^^^^This. Gregg is the man.

Lilja 3 groove for a 6.5, they keep 2 contours in stock on the lilja website, #4 and sendero

I have them on a .260 and a 6.5wsm. they both shoot amazingly and are the easiest to clean I have ever seen

I have shot quite a few 6.5 mm's from Brux and have been very happy with them and Bugholes is a great stocking dealer. I even order the contours he does not stock from him as he seems to get them to me faster than going directly to Brux.

wade

Try brunoshooters.com their selection is larger I believe