• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Decent budget scope mount/rings?

Crossdawg

Private
Minuteman
May 31, 2012
Ogden,Ut
Hi all, i have a remington sps varmint in 308 and am looking to get it set up. I haven't chosen a scope yet but have been looking at the swfa ss 10x or 12x. Any good choices on mounts/ rings or should i save ip a bit for badger or something equivalent? Thanks in advance and sorry for the newb question!

Re: Decent budget scope mount/rings?

If you are on a budget check out EGW rails and the Burris XTR Tactical rings. Hope this helps.

I say go to cameraland get the vortex viper 6.5-20x44 for $300 and get Burris xtr low rings and egw base. That's my set up on my varmint and I love it!

Thanks for the replies! That vortex scope looks to be really sweet and the price is right in my price range

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hewlett260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are on a budget check out EGW rails and the Burris XTR Tactical rings. Hope this helps. </div></div>

This. I had a bushnell 3200 10x mil/mil on my other Rem 700 with an egw rail and Burris xtr rings. Turned out to be a great combination.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crossdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi all, i have a remington sps varmint in 308 and am looking to get it set up. I haven't chosen a scope yet but have been looking at the swfa ss 10x or 12x. Any good choices on mounts/ rings or should i save ip a bit for badger or something equivalent? Thanks in advance and sorry for the newb question! </div></div>

You want something as good as Badger, get TPS, they rock! I use their stuff on all my varmint & Comp rifles.
IMG_0474-1.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0476-1.jpg

I have the same setup on my 700 SPSS 308, cept the rings are med.