• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Decent Budget Shooting Mat

alpha0815

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2013
Looking for an inexpensive mat for shooting prone. Nothing expensive, just decent quality. Any suggestions?

MIDWAY shooting mat they run $49.99 and on sale for $39.99. I have 2 of them. I was just at a match in Las Vegas last weekend and 8 to 10 people had them. You can't beat them for the money.

+1 Midway mat. I have the small and the larger one and personally I like the larger mat (extra width is nice to put gear on). They ALWAYS go on sale so just watch for them...I'd imagine most pick them up at their sale price.

Never tried the Voodoo mat but they put out quality stuff though!

The Midway mats are cheap, but they do work well and have help up good for the abuse they have had. I've had 2 of them for about 4yrs now. They both stay outside all the time 24/7......rain, sun, snow, year round. They are both sun bleached and beginning to tear, but they have served their purpose.

Just gonna throw this out there, but why not use an exercise/gym mat? They only cost about $20 (new) in Canada, so I'm sure you can get something in the states for around $15. Now I don't know the exact specs of shooting mats, but to me it just seems like it's a fancy exercise mat marked up because a logo is stamped on it or it's made to fold up to hold your gun.

+1 in the midway mat. I bought the newer light weight mat to pack when shooting pdogs and I've been very happy with it so far. No padding but haven't needed any thus far.

I have the Cabelas one. It is nice. It is like $80 with points on my card, I was out like $50