• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Decide: 50 Yard Match Target

Re: Decide: 50 Yard Match Target

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i like it, and to be super critical because i'm super anal, perhaps swapping the position / stage of the group target with the know your limits may be better as stage 3, because by stage 4, you could use all the warming up you can get!

just to note: the 5 round group instead of the 3 round group will bring the overall shot total to 23 rounds, if you shoot at all the possibilities.

i don't think you took over anything at all, rather pleased by your participation.

i'm still getting a correct size for everything just as it is, i don't know if you have to try to resize it.

Cold Bore - outer circle 1" inner circle 1/2"
Grid Blocks - 3/4"
Know Your Limits - 1", 3/4", 1/2", 1/4"
Group - 3/4"

thanks for the effort, i'm hitting the sack, in the northern hemisphere it's 10 minutes to midnight.
sleep.gif
</div></div>

Cheers TP & SBS!

Yeah sounds like you have sizing right as it is! The picture as posted is only about 73% of real size so I don't know how you've managed that
confused.gif

I've fixed the line size on the circles and boxes. I'll change the order of stage 3&4 shortly and work on the number sizes this afternoon. Tonight I'll fix the line sizes on the hostage targets. Barring further changes or problems hopefully I'll have it posted tonight!

Cheers,
Shaz

Looking good with the target progress. I am liking it alot. I just dont see a real need for a group shot on a tactical type target, but is not a big deal to have either. Keep up the good work.

Hi All,

Here we go guys, I'M EXCITED!

<span style="font-weight: bold">Changes:</span>
- Outlines of circles and boxes increased
- Number size in "the grid" increased (what a PITA that was)
- Swapped the order of stages 3 & 4
- Put the first two point scores inside the target circles (I was running out of room)
- Reworked the hostage targets in PS to increase outline of the target section, also re-blackened the image (not 100% happy with my work, its a bit mediocre, sorry guys)
- Mirror imaged the hostage target on the right for something different.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Suggested Change:</span>
- I think the cold bore shot is probably too hard at the moment. You're a hell of a shot if you can hit the 0.5 inch bull with your first shot of the day with a cold bore to boot. What do you guys think about increasing the ring sizes? I was thinking 1.5 inches for the outer ring and 0.75 for the bull. This is compared to the current 1 inch ring and 0.5 bull.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Again this image is not a full size copy of the target.</span> If you PM me with your email I can send you the PDF file. Once the target is agreed upon I will find somewhere to host it so everyone can access it at their leisure!

Cheers,
Shaz

SnipersHide50YardTacticalTarget.jpg

For your reference the fullsize target sizings are:
<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*] Cold Bore - outer circle 1" inner circle 1/2"[*] Grid Blocks - 3/4"[*] Group - 3/4"[*] Know Your Limits - 1", 3/4", 1/2", 1/4"[/list]

Wow! It looks like I'm gonna be working on my short game for a while. This target is so awesome. There's something for everyone. This is gonna be so much fun. In my opinion, this is the best competition target we have. The fact that we came up with a target like this before August even hit just goes to show how great this rimfire section is. You guys should be damn proud of yourselves. Great work!
smile.gif

Shaz first off I wanted to say GREAT JOB!!! After I reread the post on the first target I realized I opened my mouth too soon on the KYL target (I do that alot
whistle.gif
) As to the cold bore I would leave it alone for the first month and see what happens. We can always change it. And too everyone else who helped with this a BIG THANKS ! This is gonna be one hell of a comp!

I right clicked on the target as it is shown here in the thread and saved it to my computer. When I printed it out, I measured with a caliper, and it actually did print with all of the correct dimentions.

I'll do the same SBS I also shot him a pm with my email for him to send it to me. Hopefully I can get out and shoot in the next few days work has been kickin my azz and I've been sleeping during my mornin range time.

^ If I print it in MS Paint or any other imaging software it comes out way too small. But if I just print it right from my PC everything is dead on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i tell you what, this would make an awesome centerfire target on larger paper. </div></div>

Hell yeah. This target is so awesome that it's too bad a blown up 100 yard version wouldn't fit on 8.5"x11" paper.

Hi All,

Sounds like my work here is done and we are almost good to go! I'll let you guys take care of the revision of the rules etc. Let me know if you would like me to create a new thread with the target attached. Again thanks for the comments guys! Its been a great team effort to get this far
cool.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Fullsize Target</span></span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">I've managed to host the PDF version of the target online:</span> SnipersHide50YardTacticalTarget.pdf

All this said, we haven't heard back from TP yet... Where'd he get to?

Cheers,
Shaz

had to go to bed last night, and though it's getting late tonight, i had to see how it turned out.

glad i did 'cause it's NICE!!

i think this is one of the best targets i've ever seen, and honored that you guys let me be a part of it. i think i may even try to make it larger and shoot at 100 yards with the rimfire and 200 with the .308

it mixes just about everything together into one simple sheet of paper. i also like how you put the bad guy on the hostage stage to the right on the outside of the "hostage"

i just printed out both the pdf and the one posted above, it seems the pdf version prints out a little smaller, but not by much and the graphics and lettering is very sharp and clear.

the one posted in the thread has the measurements right on, though the lettering is not so sharp. but i think thats ok, i'm not shooting at the directions....

i do think we should cut out 3 blocks to make it an even 20 blocks and rearrange to add more space around them. but that is also something we can do later if you want to give this one a go for august, that's up to you guys. i'll check back in tomorrow or friday to see what you guys think about that, then finalize the rules to match the new format or any modifications to it.

once the rules are up, i'll post the target along with it. i'll do a picture test at the end of THIS post just to make sure the dimentions stay the same. i'll then tag it on the the short range sticky and off we go.

one more thing that i thought about last night: i imagine Lowlight has the snipers hide logo copyrighted or trademarked, or whatever. i'll send him a PM to see if it's ok to use it for our purposes. i think it would be proper to respect him and his site, and would feel better about having his blessing so we are not overstepping any bounds and get spanked.

sorry for being longwinded, but you guys know i tend to be.
frown.gif

TEST:
SnipersHide50YTRCTARGETFROMSITE.jpg

IT WORKS, EVERYTHING IS THE AGREED SIZE, SHAZ_AU thanks for putting it together, there's no need to put up an extra thread, i can get it all posted together, which is very convienant for everyone. good work from all, once again i'm going to see what LL says about the logo....

Perhaps I'm just dense but in stage 2, how many shots - I'm guessing 10 - and what is a "correct number"? IOW, which numbers are to be shot?

at the beginning of the month 10 numbers (depending on the final target, either 20 or 23 blocks) will be picked out of a "hat" containing the 20 or 23 numbers. the blocks will be shot in sequential order of the numbers picked. for example:

so for the first shot (9) you'ld have to "search" the grid, find the number nine, and shoot it. 2nd shot (18) "search the grid, find the number 18 and shoot it. and so on...for a total of rounds.

the idea is to have to "spot" and identify a target properly, then execute the shot. the remainding numbers will be "no shoots" where if you miss the primary objective and cause "collateral damage", there is a price of 5 points to pay.

the other idea of it is that while using the same target, the COF will vertually never be the same, adding some parody and adaptability to it each month.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> i imagine Lowlight has the snipers hide logo copyrighted or trademarked, or whatever. i'll send him a PM to see if it's ok to use it for our purposes.....

...once again i'm going to see what LL says about the logo....</div></div>

GTG on the logo, thanks LL.

where we are at now (07-29-2010):

<span style="color: #009900"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">SNIPER'S HIDE 50YD TACTICAL RIMFIRE COMPETITION</span></span></span>

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Any caliber rimfire</span>, any optic / sighting system. Shot from prone or bench, specify when reporting scores. Rear support allowed. Front support from bipod, pack or other similiar "field front rests". Use of benchrest or "lead sled" styled vices or rests prohibited. "Support side" (shooting weak / opposite side) option allowed, please specify when reporting scores. All different calibers, sighting systems, rests, etc. will be grouped in the same catagory, the only subcatagories are bench, prone or bench support side, prone support side.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Best edge scoring will apply </span>- touch or break a line, it counts as a hit.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">STAGE #1: Cold Bore Shot / 1 ROUND, POSSIBLE 25 POINTS</span></span> - Must be the first shot of the match and day - Scoring hit...25 points black dot, 10 inside ring, 0 points ouside ring.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">STAGE #2: The Grid / 10 ROUNDS, POSSIBLE 50 POINTS</span></span> - At the beginning of the month, 10 numbers will be randomly picked from 1-23 and will be listed on the opening post for that month. Only the numbers drawn will be shot at on The Grid, and be shot in the sequence of the numbers drawn, hits on proper numbered blocks equals 5 (+5) points. This will leave 13 no shoot blocks that if hit, will result in a 5 (-5) point penalty. A hit in an open area is a no hit, 0 points scored.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">STAGE #3: Group / 5 ROUNDS, POSSIBLE 50 POINTS</span></span> - All five shots must be within the circle for a total of 50 points. Minus 10 (-10) points for any shot outside the circle.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">STAGE #4: Know Your Limits / 4 ROUNDS, POSSIBLE 65 POINTS</span></span> - 1 shot per circle. You may earn additional points as you hit the progressively smaller circles (+5, +10, +20, +30). You may opt to quit at any time and keep the points you have earned for the stage, as a miss on any one circle equals 0 points earned for entire stage.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">STAGE #5: Hostage / 3 ROUNDS, POSSIBLE 60 POINTS</span></span> - One shot per "hostile" standing behind the "hostage", +20 points in box, +10 points anywhere else on the bad guy. Minus 20 points (-20) if the "hostage" is hit. Shots in open area 0 points earned.

Total of <span style="text-decoration: underline">23 ROUNDS</span>, add all five stages (MINUS PENALTIES) for total score. A perfect score (high value hits on all available targets with no penalties) is <span style="text-decoration: underline">250 POINTS</span>. Only one target shot (except for and additional support side submission for a maximum of 2 submissions total) can be submitted per month, per shooter. The shooter must choose a bench or prone position shot target per month.

Target sizes:
Cold Bore - outer circle 1" inner circle 1/2"
Grid Blocks - 3/4" square
Group - 3/4" circles
Know Your Limits - 1", 3/4", 1/2", 1/4" circles
Hostage - the "hostile" approx 3/4" wide, 1 1/2" high

<span style="color: #009900"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Reporting scores:</span></span></span>

50Y TRC + B (BENCH) or P (PRONE) and SS (SS if support side)

NAME:
RIFLE:
CALIBER:
AMMO:
SIGHTS:
REST:

STAGE 1:______
STAGE 2:______
STAGE 3:______
STAGE 4:______
STAGE 5:______

TOTAL SCORE MINUS PENALTIES:______

NOTE ANY PENALTIES:

To get a target and to print, you should save the 50 yard Tactical Rimfire Target. Right click on image, click save image as, then save 50Y TRT to your desktop, documents, where ever you please. This will keep the target from shrinking and keep it actual dimensions.

SnipersHide50YTRCTARGETFROMSITE.jpg

UPDATED 07/29/2010

TP, thanks for the explanation. It should be an interesting match.

Hi TP,

I don't have a problem with 20 or 23 grid squares, 23 just seemed to fit nicely at the time. I know the gaps between numbers is a bit small, I take it that this is the reason for 20 square request? Otherwise I don't think it makes a lot of difference really as we are only have to shoot at ten numbers.

Having 20 squares could allow for a bigger gap between them horizontally. I'm still going to be struggling to increase the gaps between them vertically. It is the vertical space I'm struggling with! Currently the gap is 1/8 of an inch all around. I think I'll be fighting an uphill battle even to get to a gap of a 1/4 of an inch vertically!

Do you think we should leave the target as is for this month and I will try to rework the grid a bit more and get back to you all?
confused.gif
Don't get me wrong I'm happy to keep making any changes.
grin.gif

Cheers,
Shaz

I'm a bit worried about STAGE 3's rules

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">STAGE #3: Group / 5 ROUNDS, POSSIBLE 50 POINTS - All five shots must be within the circle for a total of 50 points. Any shot outside the circle, 0 points earned for entire stage. </div></div>

The way I'm reading the current rule is if you miss one shot you get 0 for the entire stage. Example you hit the circle 4 times and missed 1, score = 0

I thought it would be 5 rounds, with 10 points for every round in the circle. A round outside the circle would score 0 points but would not affect the accumulated score. Example you hit the circle 4 times and missed 1, score = 40.

What do you guys think? I'm a new shooter with no experience so I'll leave it up to you!

Cheers,
Shaz

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaz_au</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a bit worried about STAGE 3's rules

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">STAGE #3: Group / 5 ROUNDS, POSSIBLE 50 POINTS - All five shots must be within the circle for a total of 50 points. Any shot outside the circle, 0 points earned for entire stage. </div></div>

The way I'm reading the current rule is if you miss one shot you get 0 for the entire stage. Example you hit the circle 4 times and missed 1, score = 0

I thought it would be 5 rounds, with 10 points for every round in the circle. A round outside the circle would score 0 points but would not affect the accumulated score. Example you hit the circle 4 times and missed 1, score = 40.

What do you guys think? I'm a new shooter with no experience so I'll leave it up to you!

Cheers,
Shaz</div></div>
+1 from another new shooter.. I need to score at least a few points instead of the all or nothing approach.

I'm not really sure about the rule for stage 3. I'm kinda stuck so I'm hoping more guys will comment about this. At first my thoughts on it were that either you can shoot a certain amount of rounds into a certain amount of area or you can't. Basically all or nothing. At 50 yards with a rear support allowed, it's a stage to really see some precision shooting. However, I do realize that we have new shooters with less experiance, and if that is the rule for this stage, it will pretty much screw some of them.

I'm thinking we have 2 ways to go about it. We can leave the current group size the way it is and you get +10 for each round inside. Or, enlarge the group to 1" or so, and have it be all or nothing. Really, I'm all good either way.

I say leave the scoring alone for the first month and tweak it down the road. If it is changed them maybe 10 pts/per inside the circle -10 pts/per outside that way if you get a pulled shot you don't lose all the points.

^ Yeah I guess I'm thinking the same. Let's just let it roll for this month and see what/if we need to change based on feedback.

whatever you guys think, i'm ok with it. how about if we just leave everything be for now, get an august shoot in, and adjust it for september if need be.

i'm kinda partial to 10 inside the circle, -10 outside for the reasons stated above.

we should have at least a working thread by sunday or monday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
i'm kinda partial to 10 inside the circle, -10 outside </div></div>

Yeah I think that's the way to go as far as the group. I think it's the best fit for all skill levels that have expressed an interest in this comp.

This target is freakin sweet. I've got a bulk order of ammo coming on Tuesday. Can't even wait to start driving some tacs through this thing.

ok i'll make the adjustment on the rules, i don't think SHAZ_AU would want to be bothered changing the wording on the target until after the august shakedown of the target, then we can change everything at once for september.

i just came off the porch looking at it through the scope, the 3-9 power optics may have a little problem seeing the smaller blocks sharply enough. maybe go back to the 1" and only have around 15 blocks to compensate, if it becomes a problem.

how about we just shoot the thing and see what the comments are, adjust from there. i know you can't make everyone happy, but at least happy enough to get decent participation.

I was just thinking..we could put the squares in numeric order. The numbers that you have to hit are still chosen at random, but you then have to count through the numbers to fire at the correct ones. It would take care of some of those sighting issues for those using less magnification. Just a thought.

i'm being really picky i know, please excuse me.

my line of thought on that is that it would be tough to memorize where each block sat on the target which really forces to take the time to identify correctly.

so for example, if one of the "picked numbers" was a 4, you know right off from the start that you have have to go to the upper left of the grid, four blocks in.

i see your point of putting them in order so the 9 power and lower magnification scopes could get an idea of where they are at, but it also deminishes the identification factor a little.

either way you want to do it, i'll still have a blast shooting it.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmallBoreSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's just let it roll for this month and see what/if we need to change based on feedback.</div></div> maybe we should do that and take in consideration throughout the month of any gripes, then modify if neccessary for sept. if the 9 power or less crowd is having problems we can change it. you never know, maybe no 9 power or less shooters will be shooting it. however we don't want to create something that'll lower participation. it's nice to have a bunch of guys to shoot and hoot with rather than the same 2 or 3.

i think for august, we have a pretty solid outline on the target and rules to go with it to do an inaugural.

i'm actually going to go ahead today and post up a new thread, just for this match. it'll make it a bit easier to tie into the sticky later, and we can still modify stuff if we have to without the "building of the match posts".

UPDATE: ok i have a dedicated rules thread started FOR REFERENCE ONLY. i linked it on the regular competition sticky. i also put the target in the "printable target" section of the sticky.

i'll post a seperate link for the august match FOR POSTING SCORES.

i figure any "learning / gripes / suggestions" about the 50 yard can go in the short range learnings sticky.

Sounds good to me I gave up shooting this AM so I could build a target stand. Our 50 Yd line doesn't have target frame. So maybe tomorrow I can try the new target then shoot the 100 Yd comp.

i'm still f'n around with the post so it'll go smoothly to change it every month and not get too complicated to find, etc.

ok i THINK i got it.

1. we'll have the "generic" monthly short range thread.

2. we'll post the scores of both the 4p and 50yd trc comps in the same thread. (this will make it easier for both whomever is setting up the next month's thread - i don't mind doing it, but i can die tomorrow, someone will have to in the event of it.
eek.gif
, and for the moderator to switch it over to the new month for us).

3. at the end of the month, the scores for both the 4p and 50y trc will be totaled up and seperated in 2 sections of the post.

4. this will also make it easier to get the past scores linked up for a running history and as a reference guide.

5. suggestions, gripes, and learnings can be posted in the "learnings from short range comps" sticky, for the same reasons mentioned above.

i tried to keep the 4p and the 50yd trc seperate, but it'll be a logistical nightmare to maintain from all directions. i'll make note on both the new august thread and in the previous scores that august 2010 was the beginning of the 50yd trc comp.

UPDATE 16:55 - i believe i got it straightened out, Smallbore, Neoshooter, Shaz_au, or anyone flip through the July and August rimfire sticky to see if i missed anything. go into it through the eyes of somebody that hasn't seen this before.

we can still edit anything if we have to. sunday or monday after scoring, i'll ask to get the july sticky replaced with the august sticky, and we should be on the way.

WHEW!

I went over and checked it out. Looks all great to me. The target is great. The rules are great. Ready to go for August is AWESOME. I am REALLY greatful for all of the work you guys have done to get this ball rolling so quick. I can't stress that enough. Like I said before, you guys should be damn proud of yourselves. I can't wait to get the feedback, and I can't wait to get out next week and test this baby out myself!

Tried to print a target from the PDF, had to up the size to 125% to get the proper target dimensions as stated above. Otherwise can't wait to shoot it this weekend. Hopefully the old J.C. Higgins/Centerpoint combo is up to the task. It'll be good fun anyway it goes. Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put into this.
Eric

Great target. Good job guys. I gotta' work Saturday so I guess I can shoot Sunday morning.

Ok went out this AM and shot the target however after I measured it I found it was undersized. You know with all the money we pay you TP you would think you could get it right !
laugh.gif
just joking. Anyways First off I gotta say this target is a blast to shoot with all the different stages it will keep you on your toes. Since I didn't have a 50 Yd zero for my TR I took about 5 shots before shooting the target to get my zero also I just picked 10 #'s off the top of my head. I did shoot 2 target but the second one well lets just say the last hostage got a flesh wound. I did have a question as to scoring on the bingo targets let say the shot hits both shoot and no shoot squares (maybe the proper sized target you couldn't ) but on the one I shot it happened. Maybe we could drop 2 more numbers and put more space between the squares. I'll post the target later today

50comp.jpg

Ammo was Wolf Match Target

Fancy shootin there Neo! I'm glad to hear it was a blast to shoot. I see what you mean about the squares. Personally, I think if it breaks the line on the number you were trying to hit, even though the rest of the bullet may have gone elsewhere, we should just score it as a hit. JMO

Thanks SBS gotta say that 30 Pt KYL shot is a beast but I did hit it on both targets. Kinda of funny it looks like I gave the hostage a pierced ear on the second target
grin.gif

yeah i'm thinking we can drop 21 22 and 23 to add more space around the remaining ones to get rid of that problem.

maybe even reduce it down to 15 blocks to add more space, or even enlarge them a little if that's what the feed back dictates.

i forgot to pick the numbers yesterday when i got the link up, so i picked ten before i got online and put them on the august thread.

16 - 15 - 3 - 6 - 14 - 22 - 18 - 2 - 8 - 5

nice shooting, after seeing your results, i'm "skeered" to shoot it!

what power was your scope on, and did you have any problems seeing the target stages? (silly question after seeing your target but i'll ask anyway)

Nice shooting. The target is awesome, shot my homemade version yesterday, I aspire to shoot as well as you have. Scored a +5 on my version(2 hostages didn't make it
frown.gif
). But hats off to ya. And will try the real thing later this month. Thanks again for all the great work in putting this together.
Eric

This target will be great fun to shoot at. What sucks though is i do not have a printer!

Nice shooting, neo, but now I am a little worried that the target is too easy. Should we use group size as a tie-breaker?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice shooting, neo, but now I am a little worried that the target is too easy. Should we use group size as a tie-breaker?</div></div>

new rule, only carter has to shoot it at 100 yards!
laugh.gif

i just shot it, thought it was pretty great. a good mix of different things.

i do see we are going to need more space around the blocks in the grid. they are 1/8" spaces now, looks like 1/4" would be good to cover the width of the .22

to get the extra space we could:

1. get rid of 21, 22, 23

2. move the instructions for stage 3 into one line then move both the title and instructions down. same for stage 4 and get rid of "know where to stop to acoomodate the change.

3. move instructions for stage 2 up to make 1 line, and add "hit space, 0 points"

after shooting it and scoring, i seen a glitch in the grid rules. pick a rule: hit one of the picked 10 numbers instead of the objective,

0 points

or

-5 points

?

the cold bore - nice, i'm usually 1/2" low and 1/2" left on the cb at 50, so the opening shot needs to be thought about.

the grid - was interesting searching for the number. think it would be better when/if you guys think we need the extra space.

the group - seeing what you can do in a 3/4" circle, cool!

know your limits - i got greedy and blew it, but that's the point

hostage - as i hit the first hostage, i felt compelled to "20pts go for it" on the second, get even steven then try for at least 10 points on the last hostage.

the target gets you thinking, no doubt! then you have to back it up on the trigger. love this target!

even lonewolf ringed in on the target, so it's even drawing in the "big guns"...how f'n cool is that?

I'm thinking -5 for hitting a picked # out of order, it'd still be a wrong # since it's hit out of sequence. Helps keep us on our toes,IMO

Carter really could shoot it at 100. Bastard. J/K man.
wink.gif

Again, I'm glad to hear people are really having fun with this target. We all had a say in it, so it's no surprise we're all enjoying it.

I think getting rid of a few numbers won't hurt anything. Also, I think the grid penalty should just be 0 for now until we see some more results. I'm good either way though. JMO.

Can't wait to shoot this thing!

once more folks get screwed with the spacing i think it'll be a no brainer to space them more.

when that is ready for september, do you think 0 for space, -5 for a no shoot number, and 0 or -5 for a second hit on a picked number?

for August i'm just going to score a hit on a no shoot as -5 along with a second hit on a picked number as -5 until we get it straightened out. i figure it'll keep me "honest" and motivated to do better next month

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
when that is ready for september, do you think 0 for space, -5 for a no shoot number, and 0 or -5 for a second hit on a picked number?
</div></div>

Yeah I definitely like that. That's a good way to go.

-5 for a second hit on a picked number would be pretty cool.

YES! Got to shoot the target.
smile.gif
The range closed at 5 so I only got one target in.

I know my rifle always shoots the cold bore low and to the right. So I nailed that thing right in the black.

The grid was fun. I got all shots inside the boxes. It was fun being a little nervous about pegging the wrong one.

All 5 of my group shots were inside the line except one that did break it.

I got the 1/4" KYL on the first try, which I was suprised and happy about.

I did shoot the middle hostage. However, I put a hollow point through her right eye, so I took down the bad guy too haha.

I agree that we could use some more space in between the grid boxes. Other than that I think the difficulty of each stage is good. It's just at the right level where it keeps you wanting to come back for more.

Overall it was really fun and I was definitely pleased.
smile.gif