• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Decide what you want from Cops

Anb618

In Valor, there is Hope.
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2017
Found this at “The Rural Badge Blog”. Found it interesting and wanted to spread it around a bit with all things LE getting pretty damn rough lately (I don’t mean just here, obviously).

Original text @
www.theruralbadge.com/2019/12/decide-what-you-want.html

Decide what you want
It's time for the American public to decide what we want from law enforcement. Warriors?Counselors? Guardians? Priests? Social workers? Magicians?

Do we want the cheapest cops possible? Or, do we want well-trained and well-screened cops who are equipped with every tool needed for every possible eventuality?

Or do we want the beat cop from grandaddy's hometown, with nothing but a smile, a wheelgun and one set of cuffs?

Really, we want it all. Admit it, we do – and we want it all without paying for any of it.

Every officer needs to be an empathetic, well-spoken, SEAL-trained ninja, with double majors in psychology and social work, who considers the job a calling, and has no bills to pay, no nerves to fray, and enforces the law completely objectively while also using discretion at all times, unless it's going to result in arresting – or not arresting – the wrong person at the wrong time, for the wrong thing, in the opinion of every member of the public.

If that person existed, he wouldn't work for you. So we've got to deal with what exists, and what exists are humans.

Humans are fallible, and their bodies are frail. Their brains play tricks on them when they're under stress, and then keep them from sleeping by replaying the stressor on an endless loop later, trying to find ways to "fix" whatever went wrong.

Humans come in varieties, not exactly like dog breeds, but close enough that the analogy works: If you need a bite dog, you don't start with a Golden Retriever. Possibly, you can teach the Golden to bite on command, if you're persistent enough, and mean enough, but in the process, you'll ruin everything that made him a Golden to begin with.

Now translate that back to people.

Warriors, soldiers and great war generals like Patton may live for the fight but they don't always play well with others after the battle. They can be harsh. They can use bad language in settings where you wish they were polite. They find humor in ugly, dark places that just frighten the rest of society. They're not always...nice.

If you want only a cuddly, soft, empathetic officer whose first response is always a soft answer and compassion, you can have that. She'll never embarrass her chief at Coffee with a Cop. He'll present well on camera every time and remind you of someone's grandfather. He'll be the perfect SRO until there's an active shooter at your kid's school.

Suddenly, society insists on the warrior.

They want the demon Malinois, 55 pounds of rawhide, spring steel and gator teeth, driving into the gunfire and doing anything it takes – anything – to keep the children safe.

And once the threat is gone, society wants the Malinois to morph back into the therapy dog. They want the warrior gone, the counselor returned, the off switch thrown.

That's not how it works.

And it's not fair.

I tell you now: the unicorn doesn't exist. You can't have it. What you can have is a human.

If you recruit well, conduct thorough background checks and train constantly, you can have a human with a kind heart and good ethics who is willing to fight hard, be uncomfortable and even get hurt for you.

You can have a human who tries. You can have someone who struggles, who sometimes fails, who gets better with time and experience and who has setbacks.

But you can't have perfection. In fact, you can break perfectly good humans by insisting they be something they can't be – things no one can be.

Decide now that as long as cops get recruited from the human race, they're going to be exactly human, with everything that means. The rest of society is also human, after all.

Maybe it's time we decide what we want from the rest of us, too.

Political correctness has to stop. That’s what I choose. People need to live in reality. This anti-cop stuff is horseshit. I don’t think cops need to change at all. The fucktards who have a problem with them do.

Winning stupid prizes from playing stupid games will never go away.

same thing every soldier has to go through when transitioning from military life to civilian. it was one of the hardest things i’ve had to do in my life.

and that being said, the police in the area i moved to were less than empathetic about it. fact is most of them were jealous of my resume and were more than happy to exert the authority. the police department/sheriff had a fucked up view of their role.

i never forgot that when i was an LEO, and where i live now, the police and sheriff are wonderful. good people doing a great job. i couldnt ask for more.

in my experience, the mindset of the department varies from place to place. somewhere along the line, things changed. if i had to pin it down, i’d say that when swat started becoming a thing. when they started adopting military type training. there is a balance there, and it isnt easy at all to getting the right balance of enforcement/communtiy shepard. especially in the larger metros. you add addicts and hardcore criminals to the mix.....it gets NASTY fast.

some departments need their horns filed down, while others are totally underserving of all this. minneapolis department, from my personal experience, is one that needs their horns filed down.

Last edited:
I'm sniffing here. Don't like the job? I bet they are hiring for garbage collection. There's probably a larger risk of injury and death though.
Honestly, you should quit reading bullshit heart wrenching shit that belongs in paperback with some love story unrealistic photo on the front.
I've seen that same shit for the mailman (person), the veterinarian and several other occupations.

Political correctness has to stop. That’s what I choose. People need to live in reality. This anti-cop stuff is horseshit. I don’t think cops need to change at all. The fucktards who have a problem with them do.

Winning stupid prizes from playing stupid games will never go away.
This. The criminal culture in the cities are the ones who literally want no cops. It is a shattered culture. Everyone else needs to wake the fuck up and realize that these are not your friends and neighbors unless you live somewhere where your “friends and neighbors” would rob you in an instant if they thought they could get away with it...

I'm sniffing here. Don't like the job? I bet they are hiring for garbage collection. There's probably a larger risk of injury and death though.
Honestly, you should quit reading bullshit heart wrenching shit that belongs in paperback with some love story unrealistic photo on the front.
I've seen that same shit for the mailman (person), the veterinarian and several other occupations.
What? Lol!

Reactions: Ravenworks
Hi,

How about society and more importantly the Blue Line stop making excuses and covering up for the bad cops and stop acting as if they do not exist??
That would not only be the simplistic solution but also a solution that curbs the "Anti-cop" mentality of the society...
A little more transparency goes a long way type of thing.
A little more proactive approach within their own ranks goes a long way type of thing.
A little less he is a brother in blue so he must be right when you know he wasn't or should have handled it different type of thing.

NOBODY can fix the "Anti-Cop" mentality swing of society except the LEOs themselves.....Society is not the problem nor the fix.
The hiring system is broke, not the LEOs.....fix the hiring/evaluation system and things fix themselves.

Edited To Add:
How many people think the Bad Cops would be easily spotted, outed and removed IF LEO were required to carry their own bonded insurance in which they are responsible to pay them premium, etc...so that when they do something that lands them in court it is their insurance policy that pays instead of the Departments? Once you cannot afford the insurance or cannot get coverage because of the settlements then you cannot be employed. The professional LEOs would not suffer at all under that type of program but the bad cops would not be insurable aka employable very long at all.

Yes I know there are reasons that cannot happen but in the sake of conversation it is better place to start for change than blaming society for a professions problems within its' ranks.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
What? Lol!
Don't tell me you haven't seen those Dime Store Novels that many young girls read. The ones with pictures of Fabio romancing some lady on the front. They read those books and get an unrealistic image of what a true life relationship is. Then no man can measure up to their unrealistic dreams.
The OP is reading some fuckstains blog called The Rural Badge. Puhhleeaase.

Hi,

How about society and more importantly the Blue Line stop making excuses and covering up for the bad cops and stop acting as if they do not exist??
That would not only be the simplistic solution but also a solution that curbs the "Anti-cop" mentality of the society...
A little more proactive approach within their own ranks goes a long way type of thing.
A little less he is a brother in blue so he must be right when you know he wasn't or should have handled it different type of thing.

NOBODY can fix the "Anti-Cop" mentality swing of society except the LEOs themselves.....Society is not the problem nor the fix.
The hiring system is broke, not the LEOs.....fix the hiring/evaluation system and things fix themselves.

Edited To Add:
How many people think the Bad Cops would be easily spotted, outed and removed IF LEO were required to carry their own bonded insurance in which they are responsible to pay them premium, etc...so that when they do something that lands them in court it is their insurance policy that pays instead of the Departments? Once you cannot afford the insurance or cannot get coverage because of the settlements then you cannot be employed. The professional LEOs would not suffer at all under that type of program but the bad cops would not be insurable aka employable very long at all.

Sincerely,
Theis
I honestly think we’re past that. Good shoots are now being prosecuted for murder like the racist carrear criminal was the officer, and the cop was the racist criminal. I think now it’s all cops are racist pigs by the entire left, especially all the white women arsonists.
Normally I’m skeptical about whomever has power. Right about now I see morons wanting to hand free reign to criminals and the mob, so I’ve picked a side. Fuck that. I’d rather deal with the thin blue line protecting its own rather than what’s against us. Easy choice for me.

But do you still get to wear that cool engineer hat? You know, like the one train drivers wear?
No dammit.
Hockeyologist

They can getem a job at the shit plant.
81V0cxU0s8L._AC_UL320_SR298,320_.jpg

Great Discussion, the system is broken, there needs to be one standard for all, no break for the 18 year guy and punish the rook. The job takes a toll, dealing with the worst of society every day can change your view, they need help and we need them. Support your local Law Enforcement but hold them accountable, for the Good and the Bad.

[Opinion from a section of the quoted article]

The below is a prime example of a bullshit and toxic thought process that usually plagues most “warriors” during the first few years. Eventually some grow out of it and become a professional, but many don’t.

A true professional “warrior” is someone who can quickly adapt to a fluid environment. If you don’t know when to adjust your dial, then you can’t call yourself a professional. Assess, adapt, assess, adapt... Your required adaptation level is dictated by the situation. If you can’t go from combat to boardroom or combat to a tea party, that’s on you as someone getting paid to play armed dress up. If you’re being paid to work a position that requires the carry/use/certification of a firearm, regardless of your position, there’s zero excuse for not being a competent professional. This toxic “warriors fuck shit up and aren’t the types of men that you’d bring to grandma’s bingo night...” mindset is an excuse of an amateur.

Article Section:

“Warriors, soldiers and great war generals like Patton may live for the fight but they don't always play well with others after the battle. They can be harsh. They can use bad language in settings where you wish they were polite. They find humor in ugly, dark places that just frighten the rest of society. They're not always...nice.”

Hi,

Edited To Add:

Yes I know there are reasons that cannot happen but in the sake of conversation it is better place to start for change than blaming society for a professions problems within its' ranks.

Sincerely,
Theis

Pretty much all of this. I particularly like your idea vis-a-vis the concept of requiring officers to bear the burden of liability insurance; this puts a bit of "skin in the game", so to speak.

I, as a functional member of society, acknowledge the immense difficulty of this task and am willing to pay for professional policing. This means constant and intensive training (maybe 10% of the time on-the-job) in a diverse number of areas, with substantial emphasis on conflict resolution/de-escalation and combatives training. I want a force that is mentally and physically fit for the task, that conducts itself with the utmost in professionalism, and that is constantly evaluating its ranks for signs of trouble (such as PTSD) with the goal of identifying and fixing problems before they impact the public. I believe that the vast majority of the incidents making headlines are not acceptable in modern society and can be fixed without tearing up the whole concept of public police departments. And just to restate my commitment once again, I'm willing to pay for this. (And by the way, I bet that the cost of proper training and screening isn't any less affordable than the cost of paying off the victims of poor policing.)

In return, I believe the public will respond to this professionalism by treating officers with respect, and do its part to minimize the tension inherent within each interaction between police and the public (we might need some ongoing education, too). And if I don't like something that's going on with the police, I will exercise my rights and responsibilities as a voting and tax-paying citizen to resolve the issue before things reach the boiling point.

Last edited:
i’ve seen where there is a push to remove civil liability immunity from the police....i have no issue with that. SO LONG AS....they do the same thing to judges, d.a.’s, and everyone else in the system. case in point? the judge in the mike flynn case.....DOJ drops the case, and the judge refuses to. that judge needs to be removed, sued, and maybe even criminally prosecuted.

i am liable for what i do daily....why the hell arent they? i think if it was the individual themselves that had to pay, instead of the taxpayer, there would be a change of attitude really quick.

Pretty much all of this. I particularly like your idea vis-a-vis the concept of requiring officers to bear the burden of liability insurance; this puts a bit of "skin in the game", so to speak.

I, as a functional member of society, acknowledge the immense difficulty of this task and am willing to pay for professional policing. This means constant and intensive training (maybe 10% of the time on-the-job) in a diverse number of areas, with substantial emphasis on conflict resolution/de-escalation and combatives training. I want a force that is mentally and physically fit for the task, that conducts itself with the utmost in professionalism, and that is constantly evaluating its ranks for signs of trouble (such as PTSD) with the goal of identifying and fixing problems before they impact the public. I believe that the vast majority of the incidents making headlines are not acceptable in modern society and can be fixed without tearing up the whole concept of public police departments. And just to restate my commitment once again, I'm willing to pay for this. (And by the way, I bet that the cost of proper training and screening isn't any less affordable than the cost of paying off the victims of poor policing.)

In return, I believe the public will respond to this professionalism by treating officers with respect, and do its part to minimize the tension inherent within each interaction between police and the public (we might need some ongoing education, too). And if I don't like something that's going on with the police, I will exercise my rights and responsibilities as a voting and tax-paying citizen to resolve the issue before things reach the boiling point.
I don’t think you‘re paying attention. We are not dealing with some sort of reasonable ”reforms”, or some sort of new social contract. It’s gone even beyond Defund the Police, to prosecute the police for policing, and empower criminal culture so there are no consequences beyond the street.

Black lives only matter so long as they advance a narrative and a set of communist/anarchist policies. Black lives lost in the “normal”, “everyday” struggles of a criminal culture matter not.

Hi,

Nobody is discussing race, gender, creed, nationality, religion, etc.....

We are talking General improvements/reform/modifications/etc/whatever you want them called, not specific situations.

IF talking specific situations then we can bring up the white couple in which basically an entire Harris County Texas Sheriffs Department Drug Task Force lied on paperwork, etc to get warrant to "search" the home in which they blasted the couple inside their own home for absolutely FALSE reasoning....to have the Police Union rep and Sheriff defend the actions all the way.....

Sincerely,
Theis

I would like a security force that only enforced laws against destruction of property and violent crime. When there is conflict, these officers must do everything in their power to diffuse the situation as peacefully as possible. I understand that some situations require force and sometimes even deadly force, but the officers must absolutely be held accountable if they are abusing their power. As long as the portion of my tax $$ previously used for the police is returned to me, I do not have any problem with these security forces being privatized and I will shop for the best option for me and my family

Somewhere along the line, society has decided bad and evil people don’t exist. Everyone is “just trying to get by.” Every person shot by police is shown in their most innocent looking picture. Even when body cam footage shows them savagely attacking people or police.

Every movie shows a gangbanger is just doing it for their grandma. One of the most popular video games ever created has the player stealing shit and killing cops.

When the general subconscious of society believes or has been indoctrinated to believe the warriors are the criminals and the criminals are the heroes and martyrs........this is what you get.

A good portion of society has also decided violence is never proper even if performed by the protectors of society.

Violence is natural. And while it should be used sparingly, sometimes violence used by good people is the only way to stop violence used by the bad.

Hi,

What I think everyone agrees on is the following:

1. The Judicial System is broken and that causes all sorts of law enforcement issues on its' own. So putting Mayors, DAs, Judges, etc into play that not only say they want to fix it but ones that actually WORK on fixing it. You cannot begin to fix the enforcement side of the system when the penalty/punishment side of the system is run a muck.

2. The Law Enforcement System in itself is part to blame for the bad cop situations because A) Amount of truly proper applicants applying for the job, B) The protection the bad cop has from the Union, Department, laws, etc make is ridiculously hard for the Dept to get rid of the bad cop, C) Budget cuts to training programs, D) Budget cuts to training programs (It is worth saying twice, lol).

3. Society as a whole (I know that is bad statement) would have way less "issues" with some of the bad cop situations IF they were handled in same manner as if the situation was done by a non LEO. Such as the case where the cop entered the wrong apartment and killed the guy. How long did she remain free while they investigated the situation....would I have been free that long? Nope; I would have been held in jail while they investigate.....

4. The entire judicial system is letting the LEO profession down to the point some of the systems doing is setting the LEO professional up to fail.

Here is what I personally ask myself if it would improve the system...
1. How can we have a Nationally accredited certification program for K9s but not patrol cops?
2. How many times does that program allow a K9 to "re-qualify" vs how many times departments allow patrol cops to retake PFT, Firearms Quals, etc etc?
3. How much less use of force do departments have that require all Officers to spend 3-5 years in Jail/Prison work before the streets? You learn deescalation better when your significantly outnumbered and have essentially no weapon but your verbal jujitsu and your defense tactics skills.
4. List goes on but these are good for conversation.

Sincerely,
Theis

I don’t think you‘re paying attention. We are not dealing with some sort of reasonable ”reforms”, or some sort of new social contract. It’s gone even beyond Defund the Police, to prosecute the police for policing, and empower criminal culture so there are no consequences beyond the street.

Black lives only matter so long as they advance a narrative and a set of communist/anarchist policies. Black lives lost in the “normal”, “everyday” struggles of a criminal culture matter not.

I've been paying plenty of attention, but thanks for the ad hominem attack; it usually indicates that I'm effectively on target.

Ignore the shitheads calling for "defunding" and whatever, and recognize that there are actual problems that can be addressed with effective solutions. Won't be simple, won't be cheap, but it will result in a better society for all - which is the best way to discredit the shitheads.

A professional and properly-trained force will take away the oxygen from this particular fire. George Floyd and Rayshard Brooks end up being safety taken into custody and we never hear their names if the officers involved get some proper training in conflict management and combatives. It's not "that simple" because those topics are not simple or easy, but expertise in them is necessary for someone who is going to frequently engage in confrontation as part of their job. Police should be as good as humanly possible at those tasks.

With regards to the black lives lost during "normal" day-to-day crime vs. those killed during interactions with the police, Joe Rogan and Jocko Willink brought a good perspective to that during their podcast this week. I'd recommend seeking that out.

As much as I hate to lay blame on a single entity, the media makes a much bigger deal about this than it really is.

I’ve lost count of how many LEO’s I’ve seen arrested and sentenced for various reasons reasons. So, the supposition that LE doesn’t do much to police their own is a fallacy.

A minimum of 60 million encounters between LE and the public happens each year. That’s the number of reported encounters. The number is much higher as not every encounter warrants reporting.

Of that, about 1,000 people are killed by police per year. Do that math, it’s a 0.0000 before any numbers start showing up. That’s the odds of a police encounter ending with a subject being killed.

We don’t have a police problem. We have an information and understanding problem.

The downfall of society as we know it will likely be traced back to two things:

24hr news circle

Social Media

Once media outlets started the 24hr model, they have to fill content. There simply isn’t enough “real” news to keep ratings high 24/7/365. So, networks fill it with the trash we see all day everyday. And it’s not just CNN. Foxnews and everyone else does it too. They just fill it with trash that appeals to conservatives like CNN fills theirs with trash that appeal to liberals.

Social media has provided everyone with a worldwide voice. While this communication is amazing for unity and such......it also provides a voice for idiots, evil people, nutjobs, etc etc. It’s not a popular thing to say, but some people don’t deserve to be heard. Combine that with the dangers of what happens if you start fucking with the 1st amendment and you have a recipe for a catch 22 disaster.

Nothing creates a crowd like a fight. Ratings are the equivalent to crowds. Media keeps everyone fighting and they keep their crowds.

Most people aren’t wise enough to look away.

Reactions: Wabtklr
Pretty much all of this. I particularly like your idea vis-a-vis the concept of requiring officers to bear the burden of liability insurance; this puts a bit of "skin in the game", so to speak

Because the constant fear of prosecution/prison time isn't enough 'skin in the game' for an officer? Also, what happens if you have an activist DA willing to throw the book at everyone because twitter is calling them out. Take the Brooks shooting in Georgia. We all know he'll be acquitted based on defined Georgia law, yet the DA decided to prosecute...complete bullshit

I've been paying plenty of attention, but thanks for the ad hominem attack; it usually indicates that I'm effectively on target.

Ignore the shitheads calling for "defunding" and whatever, and recognize that there are actual problems that can be addressed with effective solutions. Won't be simple, won't be cheap, but it will result in a better society for all - which is the best way to discredit the shitheads.

A professional and properly-trained force will take away the oxygen from this particular fire. George Floyd and Rayshard Brooks end up being safety taken into custody and we never hear their names if the officers involved get some proper training in conflict management and combatives. It's not "that simple" because those topics are not simple or easy, but expertise in them is necessary for someone who is going to frequently engage in confrontation as part of their job. Police should be as good as humanly possible at those tasks.

With regards to the black lives lost during "normal" day-to-day crime vs. those killed during interactions with the police, Joe Rogan and Jocko Willink brought a good perspective to that during their podcast this week. I'd recommend seeking that out.
Totally disagree. Police killing black men is a huge national problem and major concern in every way except statistically and in reality. You cannot battle narratives and feels with logic and expect for any other outcome than to get completely waxed and destroyed. That is exactly what is happening, and you seem to think that being reasonable will win the day. It won't. It's loosing.

This is not a Lincoln-Douglas debate. This is a fully rehearsed and active insurgent campaign by real terrorist organizations who want to destroy this country and replace it with a totalitarian hell hole run by communists and funded by people who believe they'll profit from it. They are organized into terrorist cells and they have virtually unlimited funding in the realm of billions of dollars. They entire media is not just complicit but are actively aiding and spreading propaganda for their cause.

You may not like the way I characterize it, but it is actually happening and it is not speculation. It is not a conspiracy because it is happening out in the open. How much you want to bet Open Society has worked hard to get the Atlanta DA his position and to keep him there? We have an Antifa/BLM prosecutor in both St. Louis City (Kim Gardener) and St. Louis County (Wesley Bell) who were funded and pushed by Open Society, and we're fucking next. The first time our police have to justly use force to defend themselves these jackals will be there to hit them with criminal charges just like the criminal prosecutor in ATL.

When your definition of "justice" bears no resemblance to the County Prosecutor's definition of "justice" we have a fundamental problem. It isn't one that can be bridged with smart policy, or some kind of compromise, since the end goals and the means are in total oposition. Not every difference of opinion can just be worked out, and when it is a fundamental as the virtue "justice" we don't have a systemic problem. We have a fundamental one. Those aren't so easy to fix like a political system. They are cultural and a million times more intractable.

In the current world, a DA can hold a press conference and be on record saying a taser is a deadly weapon........then a week or two later hold a press conference and go on record saying it’s not a deadly weapon.

The reality is the situation dictates deadly force. But currently there is no repercussion for being in a position such as a DA and being that subjective in your prosecution decisions.

Because the constant fear of prosecution/prison time isn't enough 'skin in the game' for an officer? Also, what happens if you have an activist DA willing to throw the book at everyone because twitter is calling them out. Take the Brooks shooting in Georgia. We all know he'll be acquitted based on defined Georgia law, yet the DA decided to prosecute...complete bullshit
As stated above, there are approximately 1000 people a year killed by cops. Some justified, absolutely, but a large number are not. How many cops have been kicked off their respective force and actually held accountable to their victims instead of being placed on “administrative leave”, essentially a paid vacation, while the dept investigated itself then absolved the cop in question of any wrongdoing despite significant evidence of legitimate crimes?

As stated above, there are approximately 1000 people a year killed by cops. Some justified, absolutely, but a large number are not. How many cops have been kicked off their respective force and actually held accountable to their victims instead of being placed on “administrative leave”, essentially a paid vacation, while the dept investigated itself then absolved the cop in question of any wrongdoing despite significant evidence of legitimate crimes?

This is entirely false and what I’m talking about.

Give a list of bad shootings. I promise you it’s 1% or less. There is no “large number are not.”

This is exactly what I’m talking about. You’ve let the media tell you there is a problem. I promise you cannot find “large numbers” of bad shoots each year.

In the current world, a DA can hold a press conference and be on record saying a taser is a deadly weapon........then a week or two later hold a press conference and go on record saying it’s not a deadly weapon.

The reality is the situation dictates deadly force. But currently there is no repercussion for being in a position such as a DA and being that subjective in your prosecution decisions.
Soros Etal. became aware of this years ago and started focusing all their resources in electing Antifa/BLM prosecutors. What we are watching is the fruit of that investment paying off for them. We were looking at the national sparkly while they were infiltrating the system at it's lowest level.

clever.gif

Here’s one of the largest voices against police getting 2/3 scenarios wrong. As well as a reporter with the same results.

The first gentleman is still out there speaking against police even though he would have been guilty of murder in one of his scenarios.

Logic doesn’t dictate what is happening out there currently.

This is entirely false and what I’m talking about.

Give a list of bad shootings. I promise you it’s 1% or less. There is no “large number are not.”

This is exactly what I’m talking about. You’ve let the media tell you there is a problem. I promise you cannot find “large numbers” of bad shoots each year.
Even if it is only a few, the exact number is irrelevant. The unreported harassment of people by the cops is also a problem. And the proportion of black, hispanic, white, etc is irrelevant also. The true problem is that the cops have only a vaguely realistic procedure to hold them accountable. That’s also not taking into account of the corrupt cops that help the gangs and mobs commit the heinous crimes they do.

All this talk of reform or better training or different screening for applicants is only going to result in the same opposite effects that .gov intervention always results in, higher costs(more taxes) & shittier service(more of the same harassment)

Unjustified according to who? The family of the perp? A bunch of keyboard jurors (including yourself) who only see an incomplete set of evidence? It's called due process and it exists for a reason...
Do you think the officer in MN was justified in “detaining” George Floyd the way he did?

Do you think the officer in MN was justified in “detaining” George Floyd the way he did?
Last time I checked he is being charged for murder. Again, due process...use your fucking brain. Do you really think he'll be acquitted?

Reactions: ken226
Even if it is only a few, the exact number is irrelevant. The unreported harassment of people by the cops is also a problem. And the proportion of black, hispanic, white, etc is irrelevant also. The true problem is that the cops have only a vaguely realistic procedure to hold them accountable. That’s also not taking into account of the corrupt cops that help the gangs and mobs commit the heinous crimes they do.

All this talk of reform or better training or different screening for applicants is only going to result in the same opposite effects that .gov intervention always results in, higher costs(more taxes) & shittier service(more of the same harassment)

This is the same logic as “even one is too many” for gun control.

You are overstating an issue based on your emotions and not facts. If you had facts to back them up, you could easily list them out.

Reactions: MPrimo
This would be the same as me walking into your job and telling you what the problems are.

Very few people outside of LE and legal professionals grasp the legal and practical aspects of use of force.

What most people call “harassment” is typically just a cop doing there job. Obviously there are some bad cops, but that is rare.

I urge everyone to find a local citizens academy that takes you through scenarios like the video above. You’ll find out very quick you aren’t as quick thinking on your feet as you think you are.

1. U.S. Police force is all right, may be with just a few of them being out of whack. Very few...
2. Damnrats want ther own "police force", to act against the normal people.
3. Solution - get rid of damnrats and all other political prostitutes, restore all principles of the U.S. Constituation.

Personally I want cops that dont uphold violations of Constitutional rights. To tell these libtards to go fuck themselves and their gun control laws back to the depths of hell from whence they came.

That’s not how the Constitution works and is the reason the judicial branch is separate and equal to the executive branch.

If it worked like that, all kinds of other problems would emerge.

Reactions: Stackon212
Y'all are being played. How many new laws are needed? Answer that truthfully. Yet we have legislatures passing laws daily. Whether it's federal, state, county or city and no one is putting a stop to it. Add to that the regulations being imposed and enforced by those same entities.
Why? Because some group has cried and politicians obliged. Then pressure is put on the police chief and sheriff to enforce. And just like that the PO PO on the street is told he doesn't have any options than to enforce the edict.
NYC... Store owners complain that people are selling individual cigarettes. They pass legislation to stop that. Chief is told he will put a stop to the onesy sellers cuz politicians need donation and votes. Chief tells patrol that there's a new priority. Big fat dude gets choked out because officer Fife didn't have the discretion to make him move down the street. What was his arrest going to net? A couple bucks in the city coffers and a politician claiming that he's put an end to this problem.
Should I list a few more for you? Or can you open your eyes to the game being played?

You want to point fingers? Maybe you should open up your eyes and point in the right direction. It ain't the citizens. It's those above your head that are dumping the shit downhill.

Hi,

Edited To Add:

Sincerely,
Theis

Have you ever been through the hiring process? How do you know it’s broken? In WA I had to take a couple hundred question exam that covered personality, scenarios, facial recognition, interpretation of information and etc in addition to a physical fitness test prior to even being able to APPLY to an agency. After that, I had to take the department testing which was an IQ test, background check, psychological eval, physical and interviews. How much more comprehensive does it get than that? With all that in place, it means less than 10 PERCENT of APPLICANTS even get hired and less that graduated the academy.

So please, tell me how it can be improved...

Insurance, it sounds great but do you realize how many people take you to court? Over prima facia evidence like speeding, DWI over .08 bac? So I get taken to court over petty things that keeps inflating my insurance that I have to pay for? Yeah...nobody will make it to retirement.

Good luck recruiting good people!

Reactions: Skunk