• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Decided on NXS 2.5x10 for SCAR ring question

azlarry

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2013
So I decided on the NF NXS 2.5x10 for my SCAR 17. Normally I'd role with a Larue Mount but don't want to move my charging handle to the right. Should I just get a set of NF rings? Suggestions?

You think the LT745 will be ok eye relief wise? Or the 104 flipped? Nothing else on top so I would think either one would work. Might be worth the extra $ for a one piece. The LT111 doesn't seem like it offers anything the others have for the extra cash.

Last edited:
Bobro mount. The mount is reversible for which side the clamp is on while still having the mount stick forward. They are out of stock most places, but if a site sponsor doesn't have one, I'll point you in the right direction.

Bobro mount. The mount is reversible for which side the clamp is on while still having the mount stick forward. They are out of stock most places, but if a site sponsor doesn't have one, I'll point you in the right direction.

Please send a link if you have one but the SWFA price (all I could find) is $100 more than Larue. Leaning towards the NF rings. I don't need QD that bad

You think the LT745 will be ok eye relief wise? Or the 104 flipped? Nothing else on top so I would think either one would work. Might be worth the extra $ for a one piece. The LT111 doesn't seem like it offers anything the others have for the extra cash.

I have an LT745 on my SCAR 17s with a Bushnell Elite Tactical 3-12x44 and get proper eye relief with the rear of the mount positioned at rail slot "10".

Hope this helps.

I got the NF unimount for mine. I like it a lot. It's simple, small and stays out offend way while adding 20 MOA.

Thanks for the tips guys. Decided to splurge and get the LT111. A great scope deserves a great mount and QD should be an option on a battle rifle. My wife will forgive me.........eventually:D

Good choice. I used NF Ultralight High rings (1.125") with the same scope and it was too low.

I have the NF unimount on my 17 and it didn't work well until I got the GG&G charging handle. Before then I've had many bloody knuckles from trying to charge it during drills

While the 20 moa base is nice, I'm about to change to a Larue mount. I WANT the QD because of the type of rifle it is.

Here are a few crappy cel phone pix of my rig... Details a few posts up.

de3emy8e.jpg

y6equ5yb.jpg

8yrygytu.jpg

I would look at bobro.... it blows larue out of the water and is a much better design.

Ah yes, bloody knuckles due to the mount when using a side charging handle was one of the reasons for the narrow/flush mounting system design of the AADMOUNT. For those who don't feel they need QD:

PICT0242.JPG

I have the PWS rail on my SCAR too. Thought cleaning the gas tube might by harder but it wasn't. That's a huge scope!

I replaced a LaRue LT104 with the (non cantilevered) ADM Delta and I'm liking it a lot.

Untitled.jpg